For spyro - What's the strongest sinus exploding menthol blend out there?

I love that title so I am taking your suggestion. I think I would say it is J&H wilson medicated No. 99.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

It should be S.M. 500 but my lastest tins have been a big disappointment. Wondering if it’s mislabeled.

I still love the Wilson’s Menthol Plus tho I have to profess my ignorance on the matter as a newbie. But as a self pronounced Chuck Yeager of mentholated snuffs I’ll get around to them all eventually. BTW, a wikipedia search on ‘menthol’, ‘camphor’, and ‘eucalyptus’ turned up some interesting insights. I also notice you can buy pure menthol crystals by the pound on e-bay. Hmmm.

I’d say Hedges L260. @Spyro Chuck Yeager! My hero as a Kid, Fast man!!!

So how would it be to snuff pure menthol crystals? I wondered if that was what ‘white snuff’ is. Has anybody tried it? I can’t see the point myself, without nicotine.

Red Bull anyone?

My vote would have to go for Hedges L260 with J&H Wilson’s Medicated No. 99 at a close 2nd. Don’t snuff Hedges before going out in the cold, your nose will feel like it’s going to fall off.

Red Bull is strong !!

Ok, so far here is the line up of contnders. This is based solely on the in-your-face, eye watering, nose running, OMFG menthol punch. Hedges L260 McChrystals O&G Gletscherprise Lowen-Prise President Wilson’s Menthol Plus Wilson’s Super Methol Wilson’s S.M. 500 Dholakia Medicated Toque Menthol For me, the clear winner is Hedges L260. This stuff will blast a coma patient out of bed. In fairness, some of the listed brands make no claim to be heavy menthol blends and I did not have access to Red Bull (Pretty sure its a totally different snuff from the Chief Bull version). So there you have my take on it. L260 wins by TKO.

WoS Extra Menthol does it for me. When i took it last time the Missus thought i was having a fit!!! WoW is that strong Menthol.

Regarding the Red Bull/Chief Bull conundrum I currently have some Red Bull, and ordered some Chief Bull last week. When that package arrives, I will be able to determine once and for all whether or not they are the same thing. Edit - spelling

Red Bull and Chief Bull have nothing in common other than both being made by Poschl. I also think but am not sure that there are actually 2 different types of Red Bull on the market, neither of which are similar in any way to Chief Bull. Chief Bull = Sweet Fruity type snuff with menthol which smells alot like cough syrup. Red Bull - Which I have purchased from a couple different English shops, each time this snuff was just a blow your nose off powerful straight menthol. Red Bull (Aromatic) - I purchased some of this from Rajek’s which is a German shop and the only one I know that sells Red Bull and lists it as Aromatic. The snuff I recieved with this order had a very strong menthol kick but a nice spicy tone to it which I enjoyed very much. I suspect that Poschl actually seels 2 different types of Red Bull due to these experiences, the more common English version and a special blend which is one of my favorites but only recieved when ordering Red Bull from Rajek’s.

And that takes care of that :slight_smile:

I never was a menthol fan but I’m beginning to like it now. No99 is much to strong for me. Toque menthol is OK, it sits for a while and then it attacks me!! I tried some other local plonk as well but my nose is not ready for the strong ones yet. So, it’s good old McChrystal’s O&G for me when I need menthol. I ALWAYS take a pinch before going to bed and, when I wake up in the morning. And if I do want a “sting”, I take some DHOLAKIA Manjul, Oh that is lovely stuff, have some up my nose right now.

I really should break down and obtain some Red Bull. My experience with Chief Bull was horrible. I suppose I also should have added WoS Extra Menthol to the list as well but I get so confused with their many different and similar sounding names for the various menthol blends. Menthol Plus, Super Menthol, Extra Menthol, and an assortment of S.M.s and various other mentholated flavors. I still prefer Menthol Plus tho for that strange, sweet after taste it has. I could just use a tablespoon to snort up that stuff. Sometimes I really over do it with these types to the point where I’m probably wasting more snuff into the tissue pile than I’m actually absorbing. Something about that initial rush tho makes it hard to resist at times.

Got my Chief Bull this morning. It is definitely different than Red Bull. Not quite as strong menthol, with a lot more fruity taste to it.

Yep. And every pinch I like it a little more.