For all you dippers out there

This very very exited Dutch guy finally got in ( actually real quick, exactly 7 days with weekend in between ) # Silver Creek Cherry, Long Cut - 1 pcs. # Stoker’s Tennessee Original, Chew - 1 pcs. # Grizzly Wintergreen, Long Cut - 1 pcs. # Grizzly 1900, Long Cut - 1 pcs. # Copenhagen, Long Cut - 2 pcs. # Cope Whiskey Blend, Long Cut - 2 pcs. Ny question is : Do I keep this stuff in the fridge too ? I mean, it will take me some time to finish them. I could not find the answer anywhere. Some say yes, some say no, so please my friends, advise me :slight_smile: Thanks!

I don’t think there is an official answer. But my guess is no. But I don’t think it would hurt, and it might be a good idea. I think some do, be it freezer or fridge. I think the stores and manufacturers don’t, but I could be wrong. I personally don’t.

If I don’t keep my dip in the fridge, it’ll dry out on me in two days and I only do a couple of lips a day. I have a can of Grizzly snuff that I had for over a week, still moist after being in the fridge.

Bipolar, opened or unopened or both ? Thanks man

Both. I keep 'em in a cheap plastic food container in the fridge.

I put my extra dip in the fridge. then again i also remember putting my extra packs of smokes in there too.

Fridge, freezer, either one works.

It doesn’t take all day for me to get through a tin, so I don’t bother with refrigeration. I’m sure it would help, though. There’s a few stores that sell Copenhagen straight out of their beer coolers, and it is NICE!

Thanks guys, I’ll go with the Fridge. Bye the way… this stuff is dangerously NICE. So far I had the Copenhagen Long Cut - NICE. ( Strong on the Nic ) and the Grizzly Wintergreen, nice too. Also had an bit of the Stokers Chew… oh my god, tobacco goodness. I can see people get addicted to this :slight_smile:

Well, a can last me about 3 pinches, I’m actually down to about 2 1/2 right now. Lucky for me, I have found a way to keep my indigestion under control. Dip is addictive as all hell, more than cigs IMHO. It’s the freebase nicotine that they spray on it.

I’m intrigued by the Grizzly 1900 that everyone seems to be talking about. But back to the storage issue, I find that pretty much everything in the plastic cans tends to last quite awhile without any special treatment. Copenhagen’s fibreboard ones will dry up within days unless you use it up quickly. Odd (or maybe not so odd…) that cheap dip lasts longer for me. Copenhagen is just so tasty that it begs me to take another pinch, I guess.

Actually most modern frig’s dehumidify not recommended.

@Mr_Snuffy: I think the cheaper dip has a lot of “humectants” in there to keep it moist. Copenhagen dries out quicker due to the high water content. I can taste the difference, and I imagine that anyone who has dipped Cope Snuff for years and switches to Husky or Longhorn can also taste the difference.

I always keep my dip in the fridge, but I only really dip wintergreen. Nothing better than a cold pinch of wintergreen!

@cstokes4 I think you’re right on the money there. Just hope they’re not adding anything to the Nitro levels with it.

So my last question, sorry but have to know that for sure, otherwise it’s a waste of money : I want to order a roll of Cope Long cut. Can I keep that fresh in the fridge for a couple of weeks ?

Absolutely

Thx Bart :slight_smile:

shouldn’t you be asking you wife not Bart about that one?

In my experience Cope Long Cut dries out faster then any other dip because of the cardboard can. Grizzly seems to hold it’s moisture forever in almost any conditions. Good choice of loose leaf by the way. Stokers is my favorite, followed by Levi Garrett .