what's the difference between poschls?

I ordered packards club, red bull and president, after trying all three I’m convinced the only difference is the packaging. Am I missing some subtleties a newb would over look? Maybe packards seems a little more cooling in the nose but that’s it?

I’m no fan of Pöschl, but all three of those should be quite different. Perhaps becuase they are all so saturated with menthol it makes them hard to distinguish from each other. Packard’s Club seems to use a pretty standard Pöschl base but something of a bergamot-lemon-perfume scent. Red Bull is finer grind - lighter color and more or less an imitation of an English menthol, but with an oil rather than a water base. Ozona President: back to the standard Pöschl tobacco again and a similar scenting sceme as an English menthol, with the eucalyptus note prominent. Also its on the sweet side.

1 Like

Try taking one of the tins with you for the course of a day and only use that one tin throughout the day, by the end of the day you should have identified it pretty well.

Packards club has a strange fruity scent in it, but it predominantly has this musky scent that is very unique, I don’t know what to call it properly.

Red Bull is straight up menthol with some eucalyptus.

President is menthol with eucalyptus but with the menthol being less than red bull. There are some underlying flavors that make this one of the more complex snuffs made by Poschl. It may take time to notice these flavors, but they are somewhat citrusy, and in time there are some tobaccoey elements present.

I reccomend to anyone trying Poschl snuffs to try these ones and to not bother with the rest.
Everything in the Ozona line, regular, cherry, raspberry, orange, spearmint, and president.
Radfords Premium
FC Bayern
Andechs Spezial
Lowen Prise
Gletcher Prise
Gletcher Prise Extra
Gawith Apricot or Johnny Apricot*
Alpina

*Some people say that Gawith Apricot and Johnny Apricot are the same, yet I find Johnny Apricot to be much better, I am currently sending an inquiry to Poschl about this.

1 Like

Don’t forget to try the Pöschl schmalzlers. They are really worth it.

I’ll second what Uwe said. I particularly like the Perlesreuter and the “A” is very good too.

Yes, both are my all-day-snuffs in the moment with some Doppelaroma at night.

I think using Mentholated snuff many times a day will clog your sinuses and prevents you from enjoying other snuff… maybe I am not big fan of Menthol and I use it only one or two times a day just to open my sinuses and more than that it will do the opposite.

Red Bull has a berry/cherry scent, and President has aniseed/liquorice other than the overpowering menthol and eucalyptus. Maybe that’s why people don’t notice it.

The only Poschls I like are the schmalzers as menthol is too strong and all smells the same to me other than a very subtle difference.

@Theatre Are Schmalzers strong in the nicotine department ? 

@Theatre Are Schmalzers strong in the nicotine department ? 

What i have heard schmalzers have quite little nicotine content. Someone correct me if i’m wrong cause i haven’t tried any schmalzers yet.

@dm_lasse Maybe that’s why I see people take a lot of schmalzers and they buy 100g and more ? I didn’t try any schmalzers yet too.

@kougy I don’t think they do.

@Theatre Maybe that explains why schmalzers are consumed in huge amounts compared to finer grind snuffs.

For me personally the schmalzlers do not transport sooooo much nicotine. So it’s true: I can take bigger pinches of it than of finer ground snuffs, and I can snuff more often. It is a bit strange: Although the do not give me so much nic, they are very tobccoey and satisfying when used regularly. Perhaps the importance of a strong nicotine content is overrated?

1 Like

@Uwe I come to realize that I don’t have to run after the Nicotine buzz, I just choose the snuff with the good flavor and quality and use it until I get a fix.

The schmalzlers certainly are excellent, but i tend to speak of them in a separate category.

@Theatre You are the only person I have heard that has described Red Bull as having fruit or berry flavours, I looked around and this is the only place that has comments that say the same
http://poschl.co/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=34

I just tried a pinch and all I notice is menthol. There is a slight posibility of a blueberry or blackberry hint, but it might just be me wanting to smell it, so I still see it as just a heavy menthol snuff. Ozona and Ozona President are better imho

@Vito445 That review was pulled from snuffreviews.com and certainly is not a description of Red Bull. I suspect it is a description of the now defunct Chief Bull which used to cause a lot of our members some confusion. The two are totally different snuffs, but both had the American Indian emblem on them and “Chief Quality” written and both had “Bull” in the name. Also worth noting (also directed @Theatre) there is a Red Bull Aromatic which is different from the standard Red Bull Strong. Its sold in foil pouches not in tap boxes. I’ve never had it but heard from very reliable sources that it is fruit scented. Normally its only available in Poland and Germany, but there is always the chance that it got mixed into the wrong boxes. It can be seen here: http://www.snuffstore.de/onlineshop/product\_info.php/info/p1655\_Poeschl-Red-Bull-Aromatic-Snuff--10g-Tuete.html

Thank you very much @Xander

I certainly wish Poschl standardized their selection.