Whatcha Chewin, Dippin, Snussin? (Part 1)

Stokers is good. I miss the days when you could order directly from them! Still using my Odens 3

2 Likes

Got a bit bored listening to lectures online, decided to make a pouch using a bit dried out Viking Dark and some empty teabags I bought long ago. I am pleasantly surprised with this experiment flavour wise, but way too rough for gums. Wont bother again :-"

2 Likes

@Johano, indeed, while most nasal snuffs definitely do the job in the lip, used as loose or packed in a tea bag, “envelopped” in a smoking paper etc., they have way too high pH for oral use (in comparison to proper snus).

pH of Viking Dark is probably close to 10 (I take 9 for granted), while common pH range of snus is 8-8.7.

Technically, any coarse homemade with at least 20% moisture, 3-4% alkalizer and not more than 2.5% salt should work fine in the lip, but: 1) it won’t have the right texture; 2) will be challenging to handbake; 3) will feel rough on gums; 4) most probably will taste acrid/bitter. But it works, I tried it multiple times. Wrapping in a pouch material or rizzla makes it milder.

pH of snuff with 3-4% of natrium carbonate or potash is below 9.

2 Likes

Red Man Chew

3 Likes

Down to my last few prillas of Kronan loose, such a privilege to be using this as a Canadian. With my morning coffee.

2 Likes

Oliver Twist Frosted 

2 Likes

G.3 Wire

1 Like

Colts Original white portions

2 Likes

Dipping homemade pouch of my coarse rustica. Beam me up, Scotty!

3 Likes

Gawith & Hoggarth Brown Irish X sliced into discs

2 Likes

Copenhagen Long Cut Mint

2 Likes

General Classic ES loose

1 Like

A large pinch of Taxi Blue, wrapped in a smoking paper. It’s surprisingly mild in the lip, potency is similar to that of a regular strength snus.

3 Likes

First time trying a nicotine pouch I am using Nordic Spirit - Wild Berry 9mg. Surprisingly strong for me. I have never dipped, snused or pouched before.

3 Likes

@Huysmans, with 9 mg snus you get roughly 1/3 of the nicotine. With pouches, you get it all.

I have just stopped using this stuff, my lip and gums failed adapting to it. From now on I’ll be sticking to snus and snuff.

3 Likes

@volunge I wish I took your advice before taking it. It wasn’t a good experience and I still feel nauseous the next day. I’m sticking to the snuff I think…

3 Likes

Stokers Long Cut Natural

2 Likes

Makla Ifrika 

4 Likes

G3 slim es

3 Likes

Red Man Plug

2 Likes