SNUV

Sounds like a perfect dust for a snuff bullet.

1 Like

@ar47 just tobacco derived nicotine

I revisited Reaper yesterday and changed the description to “light” moisture. Dry as a bone is not accurate.

I will take a look at some of the others today.

2 Likes

I feel like pure nicotine snuff could be very different from actual tobacco one. I.e. nic pouches are more likely to make me nauseous and got more artificial onset than regular swedish snus. So while packing a larger baccy prilla feels more mellow and ‘drunk’ kind of experience, going a bit more crazy with nicotine pouches makes me basically puke. Could be different for pure nic snuff, but Im still a bit sceptical about this one. I hope I am wrong ofc. Its nice to see new stuff coming out, good job @MrSnuff!

2 Likes

We have just had our first review from a verified buyer of Snuv Reaper. Thought I’d share:

****** left the following 5 star review for the product Snuv Reaper 10g:

Whoa dude

I almost gave up snuff because I couldnt find one tjat is strong enough and still smells good. Oh boy this stuff is crazy strong. I pinched the smallest amount I could take five minutes ago and still have a nice burning sensation paired with a pletjora of aromas in my nose that keep on changing and dancing with each other. Thanks for putting this stuff out there, its great!

We will attach the ‘verified buyer’ badge to this web review, because we found an order from ****** in your order history.

I starred out the name for GDPR but if anybody from here wrote it, feel free to take credit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too am glad to see new products coming on the market. This one though is so unusual I think MeSnuff should seed the regulars if they want to get it off the ground without waiting a couple years.

1 Like

We have some more ideas in the pipeline. I’d be interested in your input.

Rusty Range: all with nothing but rustica tobacco and some sort of flavourings. These are my thoughts but definitely open to suggestion:

1. plain and 2. mentholated/camphor/eucalyptus 

2. neroli, and 4. lightly mentholated neroli

3. bergamot and 6. Lightly mentholated bergamot

4. apricot and 8. lightly mentholated apricot

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

3 Likes

@MrSnuff, all nice, I would especially welcome the plain edition. Honestly, it’s the only one that I would be interested to try out of the whole range.

Now I understand that grind might be the most challenging issue for the manufacturer, at least for India-based producers, who are the true masters of pulverization… But I would love to suggest broadening this Rusty Range with the addition of medium coarse version of Rusty Plain Coarse, processed through 250-300 microns mesh. Or even coarser, 300-400 microns. With medium-to high moisture content (20-35%) and medium potency (pH not exceeding 8.5). For that easy pincho. Such medium coarse and medium moist snuff could be marketed as an entrance level, beginner’s snuff. Again, it wouldn’t be too potent, assuming you wouldn’t be using extremely strong rusticas for this range, like Amazonian mapacho, Moy or Arapiraca (a hint for yet another future project, exclusive and limited edition, super potent “Shaman’s Cave” range :wink: ).

My point is, we already have some good fine and dry rustica snuffs (LA Natural, Green Dragon, Dragon Brand Madras, Snafu, to mention but a few). What we don’t have is coarse and moist rustica.

3 Likes

@volunge thank you for your excellent feedback.

I really like the idea of the medium coarse version. I had not considered which grind to use, so your point is well taken. Certainly we were thinking of not too strong (N-wise) so it makes perfect sense to go the whole hog and make it an easy snuff for all.

Shaman’s Cave: I love the concept. 

We have a White range in the works, as well as premium (F&T style, perhaps reviving some of the old, classic, but no defunct recipes) and a Rune range. I will add Shaman’s Cave to the ever-growing list :). I you care to expand a bit on the idea I am all ears.

3 Likes

I saw this pop up after my order the other day and came here looking for some clarification. Im glad I didnt pull the trigger now that I’m aware its chemical nicotine. The $1 per gram price tag didnt help either. Is this a trend because of people expecting a cigarette like buzz from snuff? I mean theres tons of evidence that we habitual snuffers reach higher blood plasma nicotine levels than ANY smoker could ever reach already.

2 Likes

@Snuffalufagis, I think you are very close to it. The nicotine buzz. This product might be appealing to legal highs fans. I must confess I started using tobacco for this reason in my teens…

2 Likes

@volunge I mean between rebelling against my parents and the buzz its kind of a toss up, but yes same here. Unfortunately it led me down a dark path for a long time in quest of the next high. I think it speaks volumes to the society we live in now that people are seeking inebriation in any form they can find… My (probably irrational) fear of ever increasing regulation in my state led me to grow my own tobacco this year. 15 plants, hopefully i can double that next year. Its only a matter of time before someone decides nicotine in every form is to dangerous for anyone to consume unless its taxed into oblivion (im looking at you australia and canada).

2 Likes

@Snuffalufagis I also grow my own tobacco as well. 2nd year this time was mostly Virginia Gold with a few Rustica plants. Last year was straight Rustica, still have a few mason jars but Rustica strains do not produce as much leaf as other varieties and is best when blended rather than smoking straight up. Would like to make snuff out of the leaves that didnt turn brown (which was most of last years crop lol). Ran about 12-15 plants this year and had a great yeild but am still a bit unsure about what to do with it lol. Might run some Burley next year and blend the 3 types to make some Pipe Tobacco. We do a garden every year anyways plus its fun to experiment and to know that your tobacco does not contain any crap chemicals.

Also agree about the Taxes which have got REDICULOUS the past few years, went to Chicago and Cigs were around $15/pack even for cheap brands that would sell for around $6 here in  the Detroit area. 

2 Likes

@mrbrownnose I grew 5 different varieties, perique, burley, a dark air curing kentucky, virginia, and samsun oriental. I lost some leaves to mold during curing, it got to cold to bunch them to fast and before i caught it it was mold city. I switched to a garland hand and all is well, I still have 5 on the stalk hanging for the seed pods to finish. Honestly the virginia didnt do well during curing, alot of leaves have large green splotches even though they werent dry, I think it was because they were immature still. Here in CT tobacco is taxed more and more everyday. Even dip is $11 a can. I started buying whole leaf and shredding it myself and honestly its just so much better overall. A pound of whole leaf is $20 and I shred maybe 3oz at a time for 2 weeks worth. Even less if im snuffing as I should be. :wink:

3 Likes

@snuffalufagis a quick comment about chemical nicotine. 

In fact Snuv Herbal has Tobacco Derived Nicotine for very good reason: chemical nicotine is about 4 times the price. The only reason anybody would ever use the chemical version is to try to get around the FDA. There was a loophole that was briefly exploited by some vape companies. Can’t remember any more details than that I’m afraid.

Main point though is that it is the exact same nicotine that is found in any regular snuff.

As a matter of interest even high nicotine products like White Fox nicotine pouches also only have tobacco derived nicotine. One of the reasons that Health Canada and FDA consider it a 'natural health product" (not kidding) :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mrsnuff im not looking down at the product, i hope thats not what it sounded like. My preference is to stay to whole plant material when it comes down to substances. If you were to compare it to cannabis its the same. Naturally derived, refined, and concentrated THC and CBD products take the same place for me. I think the refining of cannabis from whole plant down to its individual components takes away from the way the body processes said chemicals, possibly losing the whole benefit that can be gained from use and consumption. I think theres more to it than just the active compounds. Those nicotine pouches dont give the same experience as a snus pouch of whole tobacco. Just my opinion. I hope your product is a success and your business thrives.

3 Likes

@snuffalufagis I do take your point. It is a good one. 

I feel the same way about vitamin supplements I must admit. I generally don’t bother because they are not absorbed by the body very well when isolated out into a pill. An orange has roughly 70mg of vitamin c in it yet our bodies absorbs more from one orange than from a 1g fizzy tablet.

2 Likes

I have never tried a non-tobacco snuff before but if this has nicotine and last scent I will have to throw a couple in my next order.  

Snuv has arrived! I ordered one tin of Snuv Reaper. I did not take advantage of any Snuv discounts to prevent any conflict of interest. Texture & moisture: I was inclined not to order because it was labeled very fine and bone dry. Not true!! Texture and moisture very similar to Abraxas Firedrac, AKA Optimal! Texture is what I wish all my other snuffs were. Aroma: Very similar to Red Bull original (EDIT: the energy drink, not the snuff) Nose feel: very strong in a good way up front. But soon turns to Fubar Bohica. About 30 seconds after just like Bohica I sneezed maybe 10 times in a row. Now 10 minutes after it still hurts. From my experience with Bohica I believe this has capsaicin.

2 Likes

Having issues posting picture even though it’s under 2MB. Very fluffy like Abraxas Firedragon

1 Like

There is no capsicum in any of the snuvs. Possibly one of the herbs is irritating you, though none of us had that issue during testing. The “burn” is the nicotine I am told. It is pretty loaded.

2 Likes