One Snuff

I wanted to learn a little more about all the members preferred tastes and maybe see a recommendation I haven’t tried yet so I thought I would start this discussion. If you were to recommend ’ ONLY ONE’ snuff for someone to try at least once, which one would it be and why? My recommendation would have to be Poschl Alpina because its a very well balanced snuff thats easy to use. Very pleasant scent, nothing overpowering. This is a great all around snuff. Its smooth enough for a beginner and satisfying enough for the seasoned snuffer, I think you’ll enjoy it and highly recommend giving it a try. Its pretty much impossible to find now in the US and getting harder to find elsewhere but Rajek’s still carries it

The user and all related content has been deleted.

If you want some recommendations, you might want to have a look at the Beginners Guide: FAQs / Guide. Else, I try to keep my profile up to date regarding the snuff in my snuffbox. Actually, I only change it, when I got a nice one in it I would recommend.

Aloha Justin : May you explain to me about McCrystal Original and genuine ?..scented or plain?..I never tried McCrystal because I thought they are all scenteds and mentholated snuffs. Pedro from HOT AND SUNNY SOTH OF SPAIN!!!( very hot today at my town 40ºC degrees)

My favourite is Frederick Tranters Irish Dry Toast (nº 22). Is a pure and plain tobacco snuff , very similar than F&T DHT. Pedro Macias

O&G was the first snuff i ever tried, I love it to bits although i like to chop and change my snuffs around a bit. At the minute I’m using Hedges L260 and Tranters Citrus and Country Doctor. Agreed with Justin there are a lot of flavours along with the menthol. Wish it was anywhere near 35 or 40 degrees here. its not stopped raining for 3 weeks and people are still cleaning up after the recent floods, which aren’t being helped by continuous downpours. But i’ll be in Spain in a fortnight so I’ll see some summer at last! Happy snuffing! Stefan

Well, let’s see. You’re not asking for my favorite, you’re asking what I’d recommend. For a beginner, based not on my opinion, but the reactions I get from people trying my snuffs for the first time; Apparently Ozona Orange is like snuff with training wheels For the more experienced snuffer, I would recommend something he (or she!) might not try otherwise. Something different, that he might not run into everywhere he goes, but one that he simply must try. For me, that is a deKralingse snuff. The Macuba and Pompadour are amazing, but if I must pick just one, then you haven’t really lived until you have tried deKralingse Latakia Oranje. Cheers, Tom

I really like Latakia Orange as well, Its very good.

I would choose Mc Chrystal’s Apricot. Wonderful aroma! Real apricot, mmm :slight_smile:

Poschl Lowen Prise, it’ll get them hooked.

@Abraxas St.Casura It’s perfection ,The new standard for other snuffs can stride for. It is easy to use ,has a great scent, delivers satisfying amount of nicotine. not dry nor is it moist. The more frequent you visit St.Casura the better you feel. It like sun shine in powder form. Thanks Nigel

Poschl Lowen Prise, it’ll get them hooked.

I should note that in terms of an absolute beginner it would be great. Pleasant, right level of moisture, and would not be too challenging. If you are going to get a newbie into it you have to take it easy on them, nothing to complex or heavy.