Mull of Oa - Thoughts

This is one knockout premium snuff that quickly took a spot among my favorites. I like single malt scotch, and Mull of Oa tastes like I sniffed a dram of Laphroaig. Its coarse but not sneezy, just moist enough, and has a lot of staying power. Not to mention the Vitamin N content is great. This will be a 50g tin purchase in the future.

quite smokey needs some aging.I am putting some away for 3 years to mellow. will continue to hit it but I can’t see using it all day every day. I don’t particularly like scents overstaying their welcome.

1 Like

Great for blending too. Very powerful so not much needed. Adds what no other snuff of mine can, real luxury basically. I really like it’s staying power for blending as it comes through everything unlimately and when used alone only a small pinch is needed so it goes a long way. Now I’m thinking I should be putting some away for x amount of years to mature. Not to sure I would be able to do that. If this maturing works then how come matured snuffs are not on sale, for astronomical prices of course? Guess no-one could keep their nose off them for long enough? A nice Mull of Oa Reserve 2013 going for $K’s in ten years time?

1 Like

Not many thoughts?ive got some coming this week hope its good.

Having just taken a pinch of this excellent snuff my comments would be that it is coarse, dark and fairly moist. It immediately makes me think of the aroma of a fine pipe tobacco but no particular blend. The smoky aroma suggests hints of Latakia but I presume that is the peaty aroma from the whisky. Not having drunk spirits for many, many years I can’t really comment about the whisky. The aroma lingers for a good while but does not overstay its welcome. It certainly has a reasonable amount of nicotine but not quite the woozy feeling I got when I had my first pinches of Creme de Figue although that may just be me getting used to snuff. All in all a very fine snuff and I can say that I will be ordering at least 50g of this in the near future.

Another note is that despite being coarse it stays put nicely.

1 Like

Just had some from a new tin. It is very easy to take and is remarkable. But, I sadly detect no Laphroaig or Lagavulin smell from tin or in my nose. Instead a nice tobacco aroma that reminds me of pipe tobacco or a freshly opened box of dark leaf cigars.

Easy.  I absolutely love this snuff.

3 Likes

Today I’m getting the Whisky smell. More like Talisker to me than Laga or Laphroaig

1 Like

@lunecat:  I second that.

Jaap Bes.