Herbal Smokes

I haven’t seen those in ages. They weren’t bad, but cost-wise a bit of a waste. Mixing bulk herbs or even opening Celestial Seasoning packets and rolling them up was just as good and significantly cheaper.

Celistal seasoning is great stuff , neversmoked it but the tea has a big calming effect , I usually mix with 1 bag of tension tamer and one sleepy time.this stuff is the strongest natural Valium like herbs I’ve ever had . I’ll roll one up and see how it compares to cigs or grass tonite qnd let u guys know how it works out

so Nosechaw, how did it work out?

I just got an idea, im gonna try to turn a couple of these Clove Smokes into a herbal nasal snuff. this should be interesting.

@mcosta It would probably turn out pretty well. There are a couple of Clove Snuffs that are quite nice. Worst case scenario would be the Eugenol in the Clove oil making your nose numb for a few minutes.

Enjoy your herbal smokes while you can. The FDA in the USA will soon be outlawing all flavored cigarettes, of which cloves are included. While I’m not a smoker, I know this has the potential to work it’s way to smokeless tobacco, which I guess would limit all dip to things like copenhagen and straight, and who knows maybe on to snuff as well. This really fu&$in pisses me off. I thought we lived in a democracy, where consenting adults had the right to choose what they put in their bodies:Cigarette ban

@ Snuffypants, hey a numb feeling might be enjoyable, lol. Ill see how it goes :smiley: @ snuffegnugen, thanks for the link, i had no idea! that is the dumbest sh!t ive read all day… wow

And so the witch hunt continues.

Goodbye Sam, hello Nanny. I dunno, though. I sometimes make the occasional crap decision and these people in government seem to be a little smarter than me… Lol!

I could never buy into any “slippery slope” arguments. I’m not the least bit worried about snuff or pipe tobacco. These things have been scented for centuries. The flavored cigarette ban is to combat new things on the market which are nefariously designed to appeal to the young.

“Enjoy your herbal smokes while you can. The FDA in the USA will soon be outlawing all flavored cigarettes, of which cloves are included. While I’m not a smoker, I know this has the potential to work it’s way to smokeless tobacco, which I guess would limit all dip to things like copenhagen and straight, and who knows maybe on to snuff as well. This really fu&$in pisses me off. I thought we lived in a democracy, where consenting adults had the right to choose what they put in their bodies:” It would be nice if adults were allowed to make their own decisions, but alas the nanny state believes that we’re all children in need of guidance.

Some of the flavours I’ve seen recently do seem to be marketed towards very young smokers. Grape ciggies anyone? A lot of them were perfectly good ideas, though. I’ll miss Vanilla and Clove, certainly. Over-regulation is not the solution, however. We just create another illicit market every time this happens. In the case of kids using them, where are their parents? For adults, it boils down to personal choice.

Never got the chance to try , spending most my lungs on good buds. Cloves might burn pretty bad in ur nose . What about valarium? Smells grotesque but I’m sure it will give a good buzz in ur nose if the tea relaxes the he’ll out of u,scull cap too but without the bad smell.

Mc Chrystal’s has a very good Clove Snuff. Not sure about Valerian root, but apparently there’s a few herbals out there that sound interesting. juxtaposer mentioned one in the “What’s Up Your Nose? #3” thread. No idea if he purchased that as is, or if it was a home brew blend. From my experiences with Chamomile, it could make a very relaxing Snuff. Incidentally, many florals have aromatherapy uses. Toque Lavender and Mc Chrystal’s Violet are two favourites of mine. Any Snuffs containing Bergamot (SP’s, etc.) are useful in the same way. Very calming.

No nicotine, but a lot of harsh tar, eventually if you inhaled them you would get something similar to bronchitis - as I did when I had a phase on them. I just can’t figure why the companies don’t go for a zero tar, high nicotine cig! Nic is the least harmful of all the ingredients unless contra-indicated for you personally ie high blood pressure

@ snuffster: they have. Its called e-cigarette :wink:

@snuffster, I believe I read somewhere that the cigarette companies have considered/can create if they wanted to, low tar high nic cigs, but they “claim” they taste like poo. That’s what I think I read anyways.

Xander: forgot those, however all the faffing around and the fact that you have to get all the stuff online (as opposed to the kiosk next to the train station, corner shop, wherever) makes it less appealing. matsnuffs: and the real ones taste good???!!! Im sure we’d get used to them! lol

I’ve tried a few of the attempts at the low low tar high nic cigs. Taste like stemed cabbage and poo, not in a ntsu way either(ntsu way is something that sounds bad but is good).

steamed cabbage and poo… I think that’s what I had in Ho Jo’s at 3 this morning.