French Carotte by Wilsons & Co. (Sharrow)

What to say about this snuff? It has a orange-brown colour, it is dry and medium-fine, and has a scent of carrot. The French Carotte is quite easy to use and a very nice evening snuff, according to my taste. You may take a big pinch without having problems. It hardly hits your throat and the nicotine content seems to be moderate. My tin is already half-empty, which is a good sign. Anyone else tried it so far?

2 Likes

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Right, no menthol in it. It has also a toasted aroma, which fits in quite well.

Took a walloping sniff of this after working in the kitchen on a tomatoe tapanade with dried apples, onions, fig vinegar and tyme. Also, baking baguettes at the moment. The moment was just perfect for French Carotte. I just returned from Paris last week. The snuff gods smiled on me with this particular sniff, creating a magical experience. There are rare moments where I can say that a snuff has significantly enhanced an already pleasurable experience. Tonight was one of those moments. I give this snuff high marks. Bon Apetit!

2 Likes

I also don’t know what’s in it (maybe some sandalwood), but I felt like a rabbit after the first pinch. :wink: Seriously, I am almost certain, that the scent of carrots is intended. I didn’t have the F&T French Carrot yet. Just give it a try, it’s nice.

I ordered some of this about a month ago, have not tried it yet, better get to it! I will post tomorrow with my thoughts.

1 Like

You can stand having a sealed snuff for about a month without trying it? Wow!

1 Like

Yep, just have not gotten around to it. It was kind of a blind order, I just ordered what sounded good. I tried it today, and I like!! It is very easy to take again and again, very pleasant taste. To sum it up, it put a smile on my face. I can also tell that as others have said, the nicotine content is about medium, it didn’t get me jumpin around the room, but gave me a lift. Very enjoyable flavor here gents, there are no false words in the reviews above!!! I think this might be one of the easier Wilson’s blends, in my humble opinion.

1 Like

Yeah it means french carrot. I guess french carrots are diffrent from other carrots, apperantly somewhere between a regular orange carrot and a parsnip.

The F&T I’ve tried of the carrot (that is what I like to call it). Is relativly moist and not too dry. Though it’s pretty finely ground. For some reason too which I can’t figure out the few times it does go into the back of my throat it bothers me more then when any other snuff has. In fact I’m enjoying some now.

1 Like