Which is your preferred snuff of the morning?

Used to use WOS Gold Label first thing every morning, but now I do a nice Scotch like Navy or Garrett.

I find a nice plain, not highly flavored snuff is what I use most. Toque Quit this morning. Same yesterday. Tomorrow? Who knows? Maybe Plain Toast or HDT. I haven’t started a day without a nicotine hit in over 25 years, why stop now? Heavily flavored snuffs interfere with the flavor of my morning coffee and snus routine. I used to smoke 3 cigs in that first 30 minutes, now a snus and a couple of pinches of snuff and I’m golden and ready to face the day. I didn’t start snuff to get away from smoking. I didn’t even really start snus to get away from smoking. I was using snus to get me through to my next cig. I found over a short period I preferred snuff and snus to smoking.

1 Like

Usually O&G or a mix of SM Blue and Camphor & Mild for me first thing though sometimes it’s Zip or CM.

It depends on which tin is by my bedside in the morning - currently it would either be Hedges L260 or WoS IHT #22.

One more for O&G in the morning. I just took my morning pinch now! I do sometimes use Hedges L260 as an alternate, but those two are my favorites in the morning.

My first snuff of the day is almost always an SP but it’s not always in the morning. I get my “fix” from a sterk snus with my morning coffee (usually decaf) then the days are different after that. The snuff/snus combination changes with the tasks of the day. J&H Wilson’s SP No.1 or SG HM SP1 does it for me…then again I often reach for the Grand Cairo. There’s something about this trio that really makes me grin.

I always star with O&G, no other reason except routine I guess. @kjoerup - I came to snuff without ever having been a ‘smoker’. I’d tried cigarettes every now and again but I found snuff so intriguing and interesting I decided to give it a go. Now I’m hooked, but that’s not a problem, it’s a habit I thoroughly enjoy!

Hedges L260 first thing, everyday, without fail. In fact, I use Hedges L260 for the first 4 hours of the day everyday. O&G follows late morning and an SP with lunch.

TAXI Red these days. It gives me what I need. I’m usually taking any coarse snuff near my bed, that I can mindlessly snort in large amounts. There is nothing better than morning nicotine.

Dholakia White. Perks me up like nothing else. I just love the huge nic kick first thing in the morning. Plus it is a nice slow snuff (in the sense, even after all these years, I have to take it easy). Dave

Any medicated snuff’ll do in morning, now I have WoS S.M. and Lowen-Prise opened.

‘# 17: You sound cranky! Maybe you’re in snuff withdrawal?’ Wow, back to the school yard, huh? Kjoerup gets defensive and you dismiss it as him ‘just being his crazed addicted self’? Sheesh. Who knew he wouldn’t be able to talk about a morning pinch, on a snuff forum no less, without it turning into a moral shatstorm, though I commend the other forum members for moving on and getting back on topic. I guess that makes me the hiccup for bothering to mention being mildly appalled. That said, I just woke up, and tried deKralingse a/p this time, and while sobering, it’s also a bit overbearing first thing in the morning. When my next order comes in, I’ll have to take what OTD mentioned into account and try new ones upon waking to see how they fair in a nose that isn’t ghosting anything… !!! In that sense, the nose is almost a wee bit like a briar pipe, whatwith cleaning it/airing it out and ‘ghosting’ previous snuffs for a period of time.

Well, I’ve only got 3 at my disposal so far, but I really enjoy G&H Dry Orange. Nothing earth shattering about the snuff itself, but that “lack of character” really blends well with the morning vibe.

I am very new to snuff and am enjoying trying all the different types out there. I am a x-smoker and started using snuff because the electronic cigarette was just not cutting it for me. I probably use a different snuff every morning, lately I have been using mostly the Dutch Windmill snuffs as I really love them and they seem to have the nicotine needed to make me feel content. This morning it was the Windmill BonBon from the latest sample I got with my order. Good stuff! Love snuff!

Another vote for O&G here. Also JH Wilsons 99

O&G

I prefer WoS #22 or other toasted snuff in the morning. Goes great with coffee.

The first wake me up snuff is usually McC’s Supermint. Its an eye opener

Pretty interesting that so many prefer O&G in the morning. Myself included. I posted on another thread that I have a new found appreciation for medicated snuff, so I’ve gotten a few to try that are popular around here. Honey Menthol, L260, O&G, Toque Menthol, Rumney’s Export, President. Of these the O&G is the only one my nose can handle comfortably in the morning. Nothing so toning as a pinch of O&G after the morning routine and breakfast. Simply divine.

I’m currently abusing Wilsons Honey Menthol at wakeup and before bed.