Juxtaposers Snuff Reviews

Review for Bernard Amostrinha Juxtaposer 2009-12-09 21:49:48 Grind: Fine Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium I was not liking this at first finding that Zwiefacher was so much better. Camphor and no sweet pine scent here. There is a subtle smokiness upon sniffing and a deeper mentholated schmalzler scent." Take this excellent tobacco for the nose only." Is what it says on the dispenser. Would be four stars but it’s not to my fancy. Review for Toque Apricot Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 10:18PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: Medium A little shocking is the inclusion of the apricot pit scent. It is taking me a little time to get used to it. I went as far as to google cyanide. I was expecting sweet sour fruity. Not earthy robust fresh wood with rounded fruit notes. very interesting to say the least. I have some in a box that allows for airing. I have not been able to stay away from it for very long. This apricot reminds me of what sandalwood is like in a snuff. Review for Toque Berwick Brown Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 10:32PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Perfect scent! Plenty of delicious citrus and a well balanced floral arrangement. And that “brown” tobacco note is highlighted in all it’s glory. But those flecks are killing me. This snuff has been sneezy for me from the start. I worry I might pop an eye out or something. Review for Toque Peach Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 11:11PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium I never liked the Magnet Peach so I was a little hesitant but this is good. The scent goes well with the tobacco letting the now relished grassy note through. Big potential as a mixer. The first thing that comes to mind is Southern Comfort. Next is Peach Champagne. A Peach SP would be nice. Let’s see… Review for Toque SP Extra Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 11:20PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium This is the first SP I picked orange out of. Very delightful. Tons of scent. Nice soft tobacco. Very easy to snuff. Works well as an anti-deppressant. No, really! Review for Toque Lime Toast Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 11:27PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: Medium Bold lime scent that settles into a toasty tobacco. The scent is good and I would like to see it in a natural mix. It’s a little odd in a toast. Though it provides a powerful counter balance. I’m really not sure what to make of it. Review for Other / Personal Creations Snuff Store - Licorice Juxtaposer 12-09-2009 11:41PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Strait flue cured tobacco with licorice powder added, That’s what it is like. Good tobacco, and I like licorice powder but there is something missing here. It’s almost as if some pressing and steaming needs to be done to interject the licorice or something. Or it may be that I am spoiled by all the other so called “licorice” that have anise or other modifiers. I’m thinking that real licorice might be better served by a lighter choice of tobacco.

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Sunset 2010-01-03 20:09:52 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: None This review is for the Tiger snuff mad by Bernards. After sampling a non-tobacco snuff I conclude these are dramatically not as pleasant as insufflating tobacco. A waste of nasal space although quite a novelty. The guarana would be better served in a drink I’d say. Review for Bernard Feiner Offenbacher Cardinal 2010-01-03 19:51:55 Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Good stuff! Nice smoky plum like scent very complex and enjoyable, Kostlich light is right. I think pinching instead of pouring to the hand also makes a difference. A good balance of sweet, smokey, light latakia, dried apricot and prune. Moist and easy to take. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Lemon Grove 03-31-2010 01:54AM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium A nice refreshing lemon scented snuff made in the tone of the classic wilson tobacco. Very uplifting, bright, and sharp. Another alternative to bergamot for a nice SP like snuff. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Echt Fresko 04-27-2010 09:56PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High A Real tobacco snuff! The Echt Fresko has an additional slight sweetness, compared to the plain walnut, tannin, tobacco goodness of the Straubinger. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Straubinger Schmalzler 03-31-2010 02:11AM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High A Real tobacco snuff! Walnut, tannin, tobacco scents. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far. Review for Dholakia White Snuff 04-27-2010 07:13PM Grind: Extra Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: High More of a novelty snuff in my opinion. It is too fine for practical use out and about. Slightly cloying and does not have enough clearing effect to make a good intermezzo. The scent is an unrewarding and short lived dried shrimp that is hardly possible to get to the proper senses without going too far. The feeling of burning, harming while it sits is great enough for me to not use this often. The nicotine is there making for an immediate lift. Not a snuff to share with beginners, Dholakia White would make a fun pass around indoors with a group of more experienced snuffers or for youngsters to snort so that their friends can witness them going into shock. Interesting enough for any nasal snuff user to try. Review for Rockit! Naked 04-27-2010 07:27PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: Medium Easy enough to take. Very mild and rather boring. Has enough of a lift to sustain. A clean unassuming snuff. I suppose if I tried more of it I could come up with other characteristics but there are so many other more interesting products to use that that may never happen. This may be a little unfair of a review really. I’ll try to revisit someday. Review for Dholakia Temptation Grape Concord 04-27-2010 07:44PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Great grape scent! Otherwise a boring tobacco product. When I go for a snuff it is usually the tobacco satisfaction that I seek. Even with such a fantastic scent I do not find myself wanting more of this in my nose. It may be that one day I will pair it with a food or drink product for an “experience”, but I don’t see this making it into a snuff box of mine. Younger individuals who may be giving flavors more priority will definitely enjoy this more or maybe the “eww” girls who think snuff is disgusting. hehe! Review for Bernard Civette Extrafein 04-27-2010 08:01PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium Very good stuff! A full bodied schmalzler like tobacco blend. Complex, slightly sweet and smokey. Very soft. Not at all cloying. Just delicious. Elegant I’d say. Highly recommended to all snuff connoisseurs. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Best Dark 04-27-2010 08:24PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High Beautiful dark tobacco. Soft and moist with a light bergamot scent. The popular scent does not stand out as with lighter tobacco but balances the dark moist blend very nicely. Unique among SP snuff due to it’s dark nature, a must try for SP lovers. I think that a smokey component to this snuff would be what is missing here, not that the Best Dark is lacking. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Camphor & Mild 04-27-2010 08:37PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium A good change of pace for lovers of menthol. With a somewhat sharp tobacco base (stems) the hit is very rewarding. Clearly camphor with a hint of bergamot. This does cause my sinuses to swell a little, the camphor does. The contrast between the deep camphor note and the light tobacco base makes for a well rounded snuff I’d say. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Burgundy 04-27-2010 08:56PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium A complexly scented snuff this is. Geranium, rose. citrus, to name a few in a pleasant sandalwood base. Sandalwood however pleasant does get a bit cloying. Not so bad in this tobacco as it holds the scent very nicely for some time. The WOS Burgundy can compete with the F&T’s in the perfume department, though it lacks in that competition in the tobacco base area. Review for Samuel Gawith Blue Crest 04-27-2010 09:07PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Nice grassy tobacco with a hint of nuttiness. there seems to be a sort of tonka like scent in this also. A very pleasant snuff. Different enough to hold interest. May end up in a box one day but for now the tap out works well enough for this stuff. Review for Samuel Gawith London Brown 04-27-2010 09:26PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium After rehydrating outside the tap box I have discovered this snuff to be quite pleasant. A full bodied tobacco scent. Sits well in the nose providing lasting pleasure. Very dark I’d say to be calling it a brown. This tobacco has slightly similar characteristics of the Black Rappee upon the initial sniff. It quickly mellows to a warm McCombie like base with hints of smokey Black Rappee. Good stuff…this is what I have in mind when I think about what plain snuff should be like. Review for Samuel Gawith McCombie 04-27-2010 09:32PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium A great plain snuff. Lots of body and smells of good mild tobacco. I had to rehydrate from the tap box so I am a little curious as to how much better this stuff would be fresh. As of now I’d say it is a little too mild to hold interest, but snuffing upon a clean palate this stuff is very good. Glad to have it. Samuel Gawith makes REAL snuff. Review for Samuel Gawith Scotch Black 04-27-2010 09:46PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium Excellent blend! A little more complex than the London Brown. This may be my top choice in their plain category. It’s between this and the London Brown. Again I am rehydrating from the tap box so I do not know what intricacies are missing. As a tobacco I would guess this is a mix of the Black Rappee and McCombie, of course that would be putting it simply. After a little more study I will go for a bulk buy for sure. These and some of the KB’s. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Fresko 04-27-2010 10:04PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High The slightly smokey one of the three Sternecker’s. Well done I say! These schmalzlers are very clean blowing with lot’s of nicotine and delicious tobacco scents. All are plainish not sweet compared to the Poschl and Bernard schmalzlers, a good thing in my opinion, making these outstanding in their field. Review for Other / Personal Creations 5Photo Himalaya Snuff 2010-01-03 19:01:01 Grind: Extra Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium This is what purple must smell like. That hippie girl dressed in purple smells like this too. Incense like fragrance works well in the nose and is very cooling to the mind. Namaste. Chitawo ananda meeta ji deo darshan mera sataguru! Review for Other / Personal Creations Snuff Store - Licorice 2010-01-03 18:50:46 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Smells of good flue cured leaf and fresh ground licorice root. Leathery with sweet woody hints. But the tobacco and the licorice do not seem to mingle. It seems neither influences the other. They are still both there, but separate. Of course I have been spoiled by the Blenders Bundle snuff so I will have to take a less influenced look if that’s possible. Review for Other / Personal Creations Snuff Store - Blender’s Bundle 2010-01-03 18:38:47 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium My best guess is good flue cured tobacco with a simple brewers yeast scent. Yet this snuff hardly boring. The complexity of the tobacco/yeast combination is multiplied by the body this snuff possesses. Very round and full like this is more than just a scented tobacco. The thought that using this as a base to carry a favorite scent crosses my mind but there really is no reason to change this. Very enjoyable. Review for Bernard Gekachelte Virginie 2010-01-03 17:57:44 Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium This will suit fine as a milder version of the Feiner Kownoer. I would go as far as to guess that this is one of the tobaccos used in that blend. A good natural tobacco snuff here. Review for Poschl Schmalzler A 2010-01-03 17:51:15 Grind: Coarse Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium I’m very happy to have a bag of this very subtle well rounded snuff. The scent reminds me of the Klostermischung that Bernard has. Slight rum headiness. With hints of the fruitiness that Doppelaroma carries. The mildness of sweet brings out the tobacco scents rather than covering of overpowering them here. The grind is nothing like that sharp gravelly stuff the smirky monk is shoveling. Easy to snuff all around winner here.

Review for Ketu Ram Bishambar Das (5 Photo) Himalaya Snuff

Grind: Extra Fine

Moisture: Medium

Nicotine: Medium

This is what purple must smell like. That hippie girl dressed in purple smells like this too. Incense like fragrance works well in the nose and is very cooling to the mind. Namaste. Chitawo ananda meeta ji deo darshan mera sataguru! 

Review for Gawith Hoggarth Dry Orange

02-27-2010 03:46AM

Grind: Medium

Moisture: Very Dry

Dry but not fine. Slightly sweet. Slightly floral. Stings good. This is the first Gawith Hoggarth snuff I have tried. Given as a sample with a friends order. Good of him to share. So far none of these snuffs have made my “to try” list. This sample doesn’t seem to change that. It is a little soon to say but so far I’m not impressed. Not bad though. 

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Apricot

02-27-2010 04:03AM

Moisture: Dry

Well… This was given to me from a friend, He ordered a few too much. But wait! This is good. It hits a very high note with the Wilsons tobacco taking the lead. With just hints of apricot it feels like an SP snuff. Would make a great alternative for those with orange allergies. Then again what have I been missing with all these Wilsons flavors I have never tried. Thumbs up again for Wilsons of Sharrow. This one will add quite a few others onto my " to try" list.

Review for Dholakia White Snuff

03-20-2010 03:29AM

Nicotine: High

This extra fine powder will go where not intended for certain. Not a problem for more experienced snuffers. It does sting a little, must be some special salts in it or something. The scent is good but mild and doesn’t last long due to the fineness. The nicotine rush is good too but it’s a quick spike with a sharp drop off so you might want to have a more substantial snuff handy too for before or after this one. The smell reminds me of the South African Gwayi snuffs like Taxi although the Taxi is much longer lasting, in nicotine too. This would be a good one to give a wanna be, poser who is not quite ready for the true path. Kudos to those that use this as their all day snuff as that can’t be easy. Recommended for those quitting smoking as the nic spike is fitting but you MUST know how to snuff FIRST or this will choke you out. Good to have in the arsenal! 

Review for F.U.B.A.R. Grunt

03-20-2010 03:52AM

Grind: Fine

My first snuff from the F,U,B,A,R line. Well done I’d say. Contracted from Dholakia this snuff is the Sparrow Green for sure. It seems a little coconut oil has been mixed in, making it MUCH easier to snuff. Same great tobacco scents with less of the burn, more nicotine due to the ease of loading. Very pleasant with the coconut. Don’t plan on storing this for more than five years or so because although coconut oil is VERY stable it can turn rancid, if that is what is truly used here. This snuff has little burn so an indicator of rancidity would be the extra burn factor that would develop after five years or so. Do not let these facts on coconut oil stop you from getting some of this as I am just assuming that that is what is in this fantastic snuff. Who keeps snuff around for more than five years anyway? Well…I do recommend the sparrow green for aging if that is part of your snuffing hobby. A must try for anyone who likes Sparrow snuff.

Review for Hedges L260 ‘The Snuff’

03-20-2010 04:02AM

I had to try it being the only snuff that they make under that label. Not bad at all. A very clean snuff with a nice reddish color to it. The tin opens easily for a quick pinch. Any menthol lover must have this for sure. A little boring I’d say but that’s what makes it clean. This is what I would use to mentholate an SP if I was in the mood. Classic is what makes this snuff special. Also L260 goes well with C420! 

Review for De Kralingse Bon Bon

04-30-2010 06:43AM

Grind: Coarse

Moisture: Moist

Hollandse Bolongaro is one of my favorite snuffs. This Bon Bon is quite similar if not the same tobacco with the delightful trio of the scents tonquin, amber, and vanilla. The Virginia tobacco is a sweet for me as it is. Touche! This recipe makes nose candy. The resulting scent is a bit fruity almost strawberry like. Easily could get five stars but I prefer cow dung smelling snuffs myself. 

Review for Dholakia Swiss Chocolate

03-31-2010 01:47AM

This review is for Dholakia Limited Chocolate. It has the same swiss chocolate scent but the grind is not as fine and there is that FUBAR grunt coconut scent in it. Good stuff this is. Chocolate Grunt! A friend of mine bought a giant container of it and gave me a bit. I suppose that it’s not really available otherwise as it was a limited edition. 

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Lemon Grove

03-31-2010 01:54AM

A nice refreshing lemon scented snuff made in the tone of the classic wilson tobacco. Very uplifting, bright, and sharp. Another alternative to bergamot for a nice SP like snuff. 

Review for Ludwig Sternecker Echt Fresko

04-27-2010 09:56PM

A Real tobacco snuff! The Echt Fresko has an additional slight sweetness, compared to the plain walnut, tannin, tobacco goodness of the Straubinger. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far.

Review for Ludwig Sternecker Straubinger Schmalzler

03-31-2010 02:11AM

A Real tobacco snuff! Walnut, tannin, tobacco scents. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far.

Review for Dholakia White Snuff

04-27-2010 07:13PM

nicotine: High

More of a novelty snuff in my opinion. It is too fine for practical use out and about. Slightly cloying and does not have enough clearing effect to make a good intermezzo. The scent is an unrewarding and short lived dried shrimp that is hardly possible to get to the proper senses without going too far. The feeling of burning, harming while it sits is great enough for me to not use this often. The nicotine is there making for an immediate lift. Not a snuff to share with beginners, Dholakia White would make a fun pass around indoors with a group of more experienced snuffers or for youngsters to snort so that their friends can witness them going into shock. Interesting enough for any nasal snuff user to try.

Review for Rockit! Naked

04-27-2010 07:27PM

Easy enough to take. Very mild and rather boring. Has enough of a lift to sustain. A clean unassuming snuff. I suppose if I tried more of it I could come up with other characteristics but there are so many other more interesting products to use that that may never happen. This may be a little unfair of a review really. I’ll try to revisit someday.

Review for Dholakia Temptation Grape Concord

04-27-2010 07:44PM

Great grape scent! Otherwise a boring tobacco product. When I go for a snuff it is usually the tobacco satisfaction that I seek. Even with such a fantastic scent I do not find myself wanting more of this in my nose. It may be that one day I will pair it with a food or drink product for an “experience”, but I don’t see this making it into a snuff box of mine. Younger individuals who may be giving flavors more priority will definitely enjoy this more or maybe the “eww” girls who think snuff is disgusting. hehe! 

Review for Bernard Civette Extrafein

04-27-2010 08:01PM

Very good stuff! A full bodied schmalzler like tobacco blend. Complex, slightly sweet and smokey. Very soft. Not at all cloying. Just delicious. Elegant I’d say. Highly recommended to all snuff connoisseurs.

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Best Dark

04-27-2010 08:24PM

Beautiful dark tobacco. Soft and moist with a light bergamot scent. The popular scent does not stand out as with lighter tobacco but balances the dark moist blend very nicely. Unique among SP snuff due to it’s dark nature, a must try for SP lovers. I think that a smokey component to this snuff would be what is missing here, not that the Best Dark is lacking.

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Camphor & Mild

Juxtaposer

04-27-2010 08:37PM

A good change of pace for lovers of menthol. With a somewhat sharp tobacco base (stems) the hit is very rewarding. Clearly camphor with a hint of bergamot. This does cause my sinuses to swell a little, the camphor does. The contrast between the deep camphor note and the light tobacco base makes for a well rounded snuff I’d say. 

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Burgundy

06-02-2010 04:07AM

A complexly scented snuff this is. Citron spice. lemony sharp scents expertly perfumed with subtle floral scents. Geranium I can pick out but it is not as strong as is in Princes or Brunswick. Other scents lurk as well possibly neroli. While the scent does linger it never wears out it’s welcome. The tobacco is the same brown and grind as Tom Buck but it never has a chance to come to the forefront as an simple SP snuff would let. Very easy to snuff large pinches. This snuff is not at all cloying as I first thought. Well suited for all day use. I suppose I should test that first. For now it gets four stars.

Review for Samuel Gawith Blue Crest

04-27-2010 09:07PM

nicotine: Medium

Nice grassy tobacco with a hint of nuttiness. there seems to be a sort of tonka like scent in this also. A very pleasant snuff. Different enough to hold interest. May end up in a box one day but for now the tap out works well enough for this stuff.

Review for Samuel Gawith London Brown

04-27-2010 09:26PM

After rehydrating outside the tap box I have discovered this snuff to be quite pleasant. A full bodied tobacco scent. Sits well in the nose providing lasting pleasure. Very dark I’d say to be calling it a brown. This tobacco has slightly similar characteristics of the Black Rappee upon the initial sniff. It quickly mellows to a warm McCombie like base with hints of smokey Black Rappee. Good stuff…this is what I have in mind when I think about what plain snuff should be like.

Review for Samuel Gawith McCombie

04-27-2010 09:32PM

A great plain snuff. Lots of body and smells of good mild tobacco. I had to rehydrate from the tap box so I am a little curious as to how much better this stuff would be fresh. As of now I’d say it is a little too mild to hold interest, but snuffing upon a clean palate this stuff is very good. Glad to have it. Samuel Gawith makes REAL snuff.

Review for Samuel Gawith Scotch Black

04-27-2010 09:46PM

Excellent blend! A little more complex than the London Brown. This may be my top choice in their plain category. It’s between this and the London Brown. Again I am rehydrating from the tap box so I do not know what intricacies are missing. As a tobacco I would guess this is a mix of the Black Rappee and McCombie, of course that would be putting it simply. After a little more study I will go for a bulk buy for sure. These and some of the KB’s.

Review for Ludwig Sternecker Fresko

04-27-2010 10:04PM

The slightly smokey one of the three Sternecker’s. Well done I say! These schmalzlers are very clean blowing with lot’s of nicotine and delicious tobacco scents. All are plainish not sweet compared to the Poschl and Bernard schmalzlers, a good thing in my opinion, making these outstanding in their field.

Review for Samuel Gawith Special M

04-28-2010 01:32AM

Nice sweet tobacco with hint towards an almond flavor. this snuff reminds me a lot of the Samuel Gawith Apple snuff without the apple flavor of course. Pleasant enough using it out of the tap box. I was hoping for more of a substantial almond note but it’s fine as it is. 

Review for Samuel Gawith Red Crest

04-28-2010 01:43AM

Certainly a distinctive tobacco. Makes me think of a fire cured Kentucky. Something along the lines of a full bodied yet one noted heavy brown twist. Not a favorite of mine, seems a bit cloying. seems that It would make a good blending tobacco. If you are into plain snuffs, this is unique enough that you should give it a go.

Review for Other / Personal Creations F.U.B.A.R.

04-28-2010 02:02AM

This is a review for my Sesame Bruton which was inspired partly by the idea that FUBAR may be Sparrow with coconut oil. A simple mix of sesame oil with some very old Bruton scotch snuff. The results are quite nice. Much easier to snuff. A high nicotine moist dark snuff that sticks and delivers nicotine at a slower and longer rate then dry snuff. The grind was fine but now but now swollen with the oil. I would dare call this a schmalzler and in fact intend to continue attempting to grease up my old American Scotch with other oils. Clarified butter, bacon fat, toasted sesame oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil, kukui nut oil (candle nut), and a few other oils are on the list of “to try”. Those of you with those big tubes of some not so favored American Scotches should give it a wirl.

Review for Other / Personal Creations Montecristo

04-28-2010 02:12AM

Along the same lines as a cigar snuff this review is for a cigarette tobacco snuff. American Spirit Perique Blend. Beautiful Virginia tobacco with the condimental spice of St. James Perique. Tangy with a fig, raisin, sweet balance to it. I did hydrate a little after grinding which made a big difference in the texture, much softer. Anyone switching to nasal snuff from roll ups should grind a little of their favorite up to see how pleasant (and cheap) this form of tobacco use is.

Review for Swedish Match Rumney’s Export

04-30-2010 06:36AM

What a delight! A complex eucalyptus/camphor/menthol snuff with underlying an sweetness of flavorings. Definitely competition for the vast array of Poschl menthols. Soft and easy on the nose. This stuff makes me glad I have a place in my rotation for menthols. Well done Swedish Match! A must try for any Poschl style menthol fan.

Review for Sun Snuff Sher

04-30-2010 06:56AM

nicotine: Medium

Nice cool complex floral snuff. A little strange in the multi-faceted odors. Long lasting if not cloying. Has a certain fruity component like grapefruit. Very interesting as are most authentic snuffs from India are. Rose and camphor are what inspired me to get this one. I got a little more than I bargained for, in fact this snuff is downright confusing. 

Review for Dholakia Swiss Chocolate

08-24-2010 03:44AM

The Dholakia Limited Chocolate has the same yummy Swiss Chocolate scent in a FUBAR Grunt type base.I would suspect that all the Limited flavors that Tom at Nicotine Rush sold were of this wonderful Grunt tobacco. Good for you if you were one of the fortunate buyers. 

Review for F.U.B.A.R. Medic

08-24-2010 03:57AM

Really good in my opinion. If you liked Grunt and you like menthols, you will love this stuff. Medic delivers a good amount of nicotine too. This seems to be easier to take than a lot of the other menthols out there due to the oil base. There is no getting around having it swell my sinuses after a while so I can’t give it all five stars.

Review for Quit With Snuff Sandalwood

08-24-2010 04:17AM

Plain Sandalwood in a decent tobacco base. That is if sandalwood can be called plain. On the verge of being soapy this scent would make a great fixative for a floral mix. Good nic hit but the scent lasts a little too long for me. Sandalwood for me, does not feel good in the nose and the scent however pleasant becomes annoying after a while.

Review for Sun Snuff Pari

08-24-2010 04:28AM

Moisture: Very Moist

Exotic aroma that is perfectly balanced in all aspects with strong tobacco to boot. This stuff is simply delicious. Very cool to the touch and gentle in the nose with a full and heady floral and fruit fragrance. Highly recommended! 

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Chocolate Orange

08-24-2010 04:42AM

Nicotine: Low

I’m not a big fan of this one it’s just too mild in every respect almost to the point of being boring. It makes a great addition to my “box of chocolates” collection though.

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Gold Label

08-24-2010 04:49AM

This snuff is great! The base tobacco is outstanding. I did receive it factory fresh so that does play a part in my opinions. I do seem to like darker snuffs though. I’ll definitely need to get more of this blend soon.

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow S.S.

08-24-2010 04:55AM

Very light pale tobacco with a good citrus burn. What is not to like. S.S. reminds me of the S.P.#1 snuff in a lot of respects. If you are into S.P,'s you will enjoy having this around.

Review for Samuel Gawith Dr. Verey’s Full

08-24-2010 05:02AM

A pleasant clove mint blend. Very enjoyable. It’s a little more complex then that but the details escape me. Worth a try if you are looking for something a little different than the usual floral fruit citrus toast snuffs.

Review for Fribourg & Treyer Morocco

03-13-2011 09:00PM

Wonderfully scented by this citrusy type of geranium. Very good tobacco base that balances out the scent perfectly. A little fine in grind, I would prefer this scent in a Princes type of snuff. I’m glad that I have come around to try it as the scent is superb.

Review for Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix

03-13-2011 09:13PM

Pleasant well balanced flavor profile. Soft tobacco scents peek though but do not boast as in other scented F&T snuffs.The scent is slightly musky hinting at floral but coming though as more like a cologne. 

Review for Gawith Hoggarth Jasmin

03-13-2011 09:18PM

Very nice and smooth jasmine scent. Much less sharp than the wos version. Well done and very enjoyable. I was put off by the wos and would not have tried this if it had not been gifted to me. So glad it was. 

Review for J&H Wilson Top Mill no. 1

03-13-2011 09:23PM

Very nice! Great tobacco flavor profile. Light and nutty with a hint of citrus. 

Review for M.L.P. Distributors Ntsu Menthol (Green)

03-13-2011 09:27PM

Grind: Extra Coarse

Nicotine: Huge

I prefer this over the black due to the menthols effect of covering the ammonia scent. Still a very heavy snuff that requires a certain mood for taking. 

Review for M.L.P. Distributors Ntsu (Black)

03-13-2011 09:33PM

Grind: Extra Coarse

I prefer Taxi snuff as my gwayi of choice but Ntsu would do in a pinch. This stuff tips the scale in heaviness. Not so bad really. Easy enough to empty a tin on a binge. Ntsu just doesn’t have the full flavor that Taxi does.

Review for Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Brown

03-13-2011 09:52PM

Plain, easy to take, pure tobacco pleasure. Everything I could ask for in a dark unscented tobacco snuff. This is my favorite style of snuff. The PH burn is perfect. The tobacco scent fantastic. Good stuff. Do not bother with a dry 10gm sample. Get a tub!

Review for Gawith Hoggarth Scented Kendal Brown

03-13-2011 10:03PM

Simply delicious! GH’s perfect Kendal Brown base with a slight cedar and Geranium Africani scent. This is my best guess. As for a scented KB, this one is spot on. I’m not sure I will be using as much of their regular KB with this stuff at my finger tips. A++ al the way. Now that GH snuffs are available in tubs rather than the drying tap boxes I am sure to take a deeper look into their entire range. Classic snuff here!

Review for McChrystals Anisette

12-06-2011 09:17PM

A favorite scent of mine wonderfully executed in the tasty McChrystals flour. Nice and sweet anise meets tobacco with it’s own unique charm. A stimulating and invigorating herb is user friendly in the form of snuff. Anise is used so frequently to support licorice as a flavor that some use them interchangeably as a description. Knowing better I can appreciate the true anise scent that Anisette has to offer. Gladly no menthol is there to disturb the scent or disrupt it’s use by causing sinus swelling. Care will be taken to not let this dry out as a dry McChrystals can be quite sharp (physically). 

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Spearmint Plus

12-06-2011 09:30PM

I much prefer spearmint to peppermint and this stuff delivers in spades. Coming across nice and sweet on the standard Wilsons flour. A superb herb to have in your nose with it’s special brain stimulating powers. This could pass as a tobacco free snuff if it was judged by the scent alone. Perfect for my good morning snuff. Mild, flavorful, and invigorating.

Review for Samuel Gawith C.C.C.

12-07-2011 07:56PM

A light menthol clove snuff, simply put. The root herbs support the scent but clove is dominant. I would guess that common root beer herbs are in this. Sassafras, sarsaparilla maybe, it’s hard to tell. If you like cloves C.C.C. would be worth trying. The menthol is very light and the background herbs are interesting. 

Review for De Kralingse Musinotabak

12-07-2011 08:10PM

A very interesting herbal combination to the Hollandse Bolongaro. Very aromatic and long lasting. I get a more savory and vegetal scent than fruity. The herbs seem to accentuate the vegetable qualities of tobacco and blend seamlessly with that aspect of it’s character. Definitely something I like to have lingering in my nose and not something I would easily tire of. Musinotabak is a one of a kind must try for all serious snuff enthusiasts.

Review for De Kralingse Gingerbread

12-07-2011 08:20PM

Worcestershire as a snuff scent is amazing. I would never have thought this but it’s so true. In combination with ginger, cinnamon, clove and orange peel makes for an absolute winner of a snuff. A sweet desert for the nose. Don’t hesitate to try some.

Review for Other / Personal Creations Neffa Ifrikia

12-07-2011 08:33PM

Great tobacco scent akin to a fermented Toque Quit. This snuff has the power of the white snuffs. Nice plastic container too. Neffa Ifricia makes my nose feel good and doesn’t cause any excessive drip. Glad I tried it. I hope I can get more.

Review for Samuel Gawith Otterhound

12-07-2011 08:41PM

Overly perfumed cologne scent. I wouldn’t want to wear it let alone shove it up my nose. Avoid this if you can. Let the F&T snuffs will handle your perfumery needs. Be careful if you have it because it will contaminate the environment.

1 Like

Cut and paste on to a word doc then onto here? How many out of interest? Very good by the way!

Yes cut and past to a word doc then to here. I did do some editing as there is a limited amount of space allowed. By the way your not as fat of a cop as I thought.

Oh thanks.

You’ve always been on the edge, but I think you’ve finally lost it, Jux.

Wow, that’s an unbelievable list there, Juxtaposer. Great to have them in one place to read of the ones I’ve never tried, thanks!

Well, it could be done here, to have a “Reviews” section, and the name of each snuff a sticky. With the reviews of it posted, sorta like what was recently done at snuson.

The usefulness of the Snuff Reviews site for me is partly due to the way it is set out by manufacturer and snuff. It makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. The few inconsistencies are not so drastic. I’m not sure if that sort of structure could be easily replicated in a forum environment, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong of course.

Here are some of my bottles ,boxes and jars…

A few I left out…

Put away at my desk…

The snuff drawers…

very nice collection!

Wow, so organized. My stuff is piled in plastic bags, stacked on my desk, thrown in corners, etc.

I’m with Nachman on the organisation front. Seems like parting of the fun of snuffing is the thrill of hunting out the right tin :stuck_out_tongue:

I still have to hunt for stuff… sometimes. Like, I can’t find my Black Currant from Stitch.

Bump

Bump…and thank you Juxtaposer.