Juxtaposers Snuff Reviews

Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Sunset 2010-01-03 20:09:52 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: None This review is for the Tiger snuff mad by Bernards. After sampling a non-tobacco snuff I conclude these are dramatically not as pleasant as insufflating tobacco. A waste of nasal space although quite a novelty. The guarana would be better served in a drink I’d say. Review for Bernard Feiner Offenbacher Cardinal 2010-01-03 19:51:55 Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Good stuff! Nice smoky plum like scent very complex and enjoyable, Kostlich light is right. I think pinching instead of pouring to the hand also makes a difference. A good balance of sweet, smokey, light latakia, dried apricot and prune. Moist and easy to take. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Lemon Grove 03-31-2010 01:54AM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium A nice refreshing lemon scented snuff made in the tone of the classic wilson tobacco. Very uplifting, bright, and sharp. Another alternative to bergamot for a nice SP like snuff. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Echt Fresko 04-27-2010 09:56PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High A Real tobacco snuff! The Echt Fresko has an additional slight sweetness, compared to the plain walnut, tannin, tobacco goodness of the Straubinger. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Straubinger Schmalzler 03-31-2010 02:11AM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High A Real tobacco snuff! Walnut, tannin, tobacco scents. Easy to snuff nice and soft on the nose. What a great nose feel as it sits lasting quite some time with it’s mild aroma. Very clean and not cloying at all. Must try at least one of the Sterneckers or you won’t know what you are missing. Not the same as Bernards or Poschl by far. Review for Dholakia White Snuff 04-27-2010 07:13PM Grind: Extra Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: High More of a novelty snuff in my opinion. It is too fine for practical use out and about. Slightly cloying and does not have enough clearing effect to make a good intermezzo. The scent is an unrewarding and short lived dried shrimp that is hardly possible to get to the proper senses without going too far. The feeling of burning, harming while it sits is great enough for me to not use this often. The nicotine is there making for an immediate lift. Not a snuff to share with beginners, Dholakia White would make a fun pass around indoors with a group of more experienced snuffers or for youngsters to snort so that their friends can witness them going into shock. Interesting enough for any nasal snuff user to try. Review for Rockit! Naked 04-27-2010 07:27PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Dry Nicotine: Medium Easy enough to take. Very mild and rather boring. Has enough of a lift to sustain. A clean unassuming snuff. I suppose if I tried more of it I could come up with other characteristics but there are so many other more interesting products to use that that may never happen. This may be a little unfair of a review really. I’ll try to revisit someday. Review for Dholakia Temptation Grape Concord 04-27-2010 07:44PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Great grape scent! Otherwise a boring tobacco product. When I go for a snuff it is usually the tobacco satisfaction that I seek. Even with such a fantastic scent I do not find myself wanting more of this in my nose. It may be that one day I will pair it with a food or drink product for an “experience”, but I don’t see this making it into a snuff box of mine. Younger individuals who may be giving flavors more priority will definitely enjoy this more or maybe the “eww” girls who think snuff is disgusting. hehe! Review for Bernard Civette Extrafein 04-27-2010 08:01PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium Very good stuff! A full bodied schmalzler like tobacco blend. Complex, slightly sweet and smokey. Very soft. Not at all cloying. Just delicious. Elegant I’d say. Highly recommended to all snuff connoisseurs. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Best Dark 04-27-2010 08:24PM Grind: Fine Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High Beautiful dark tobacco. Soft and moist with a light bergamot scent. The popular scent does not stand out as with lighter tobacco but balances the dark moist blend very nicely. Unique among SP snuff due to it’s dark nature, a must try for SP lovers. I think that a smokey component to this snuff would be what is missing here, not that the Best Dark is lacking. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Camphor & Mild 04-27-2010 08:37PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium A good change of pace for lovers of menthol. With a somewhat sharp tobacco base (stems) the hit is very rewarding. Clearly camphor with a hint of bergamot. This does cause my sinuses to swell a little, the camphor does. The contrast between the deep camphor note and the light tobacco base makes for a well rounded snuff I’d say. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Burgundy 04-27-2010 08:56PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium A complexly scented snuff this is. Geranium, rose. citrus, to name a few in a pleasant sandalwood base. Sandalwood however pleasant does get a bit cloying. Not so bad in this tobacco as it holds the scent very nicely for some time. The WOS Burgundy can compete with the F&T’s in the perfume department, though it lacks in that competition in the tobacco base area. Review for Samuel Gawith Blue Crest 04-27-2010 09:07PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Nice grassy tobacco with a hint of nuttiness. there seems to be a sort of tonka like scent in this also. A very pleasant snuff. Different enough to hold interest. May end up in a box one day but for now the tap out works well enough for this stuff. Review for Samuel Gawith London Brown 04-27-2010 09:26PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium After rehydrating outside the tap box I have discovered this snuff to be quite pleasant. A full bodied tobacco scent. Sits well in the nose providing lasting pleasure. Very dark I’d say to be calling it a brown. This tobacco has slightly similar characteristics of the Black Rappee upon the initial sniff. It quickly mellows to a warm McCombie like base with hints of smokey Black Rappee. Good stuff…this is what I have in mind when I think about what plain snuff should be like. Review for Samuel Gawith McCombie 04-27-2010 09:32PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium A great plain snuff. Lots of body and smells of good mild tobacco. I had to rehydrate from the tap box so I am a little curious as to how much better this stuff would be fresh. As of now I’d say it is a little too mild to hold interest, but snuffing upon a clean palate this stuff is very good. Glad to have it. Samuel Gawith makes REAL snuff. Review for Samuel Gawith Scotch Black 04-27-2010 09:46PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium Excellent blend! A little more complex than the London Brown. This may be my top choice in their plain category. It’s between this and the London Brown. Again I am rehydrating from the tap box so I do not know what intricacies are missing. As a tobacco I would guess this is a mix of the Black Rappee and McCombie, of course that would be putting it simply. After a little more study I will go for a bulk buy for sure. These and some of the KB’s. Review for Ludwig Sternecker Fresko 04-27-2010 10:04PM Grind: Medium Moisture: Moist Nicotine: High The slightly smokey one of the three Sternecker’s. Well done I say! These schmalzlers are very clean blowing with lot’s of nicotine and delicious tobacco scents. All are plainish not sweet compared to the Poschl and Bernard schmalzlers, a good thing in my opinion, making these outstanding in their field. Review for Other / Personal Creations 5Photo Himalaya Snuff 2010-01-03 19:01:01 Grind: Extra Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium This is what purple must smell like. That hippie girl dressed in purple smells like this too. Incense like fragrance works well in the nose and is very cooling to the mind. Namaste. Chitawo ananda meeta ji deo darshan mera sataguru! Review for Other / Personal Creations Snuff Store - Licorice 2010-01-03 18:50:46 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium Smells of good flue cured leaf and fresh ground licorice root. Leathery with sweet woody hints. But the tobacco and the licorice do not seem to mingle. It seems neither influences the other. They are still both there, but separate. Of course I have been spoiled by the Blenders Bundle snuff so I will have to take a less influenced look if that’s possible. Review for Other / Personal Creations Snuff Store - Blender’s Bundle 2010-01-03 18:38:47 Grind: Fine Moisture: Medium Nicotine: Medium My best guess is good flue cured tobacco with a simple brewers yeast scent. Yet this snuff hardly boring. The complexity of the tobacco/yeast combination is multiplied by the body this snuff possesses. Very round and full like this is more than just a scented tobacco. The thought that using this as a base to carry a favorite scent crosses my mind but there really is no reason to change this. Very enjoyable. Review for Bernard Gekachelte Virginie 2010-01-03 17:57:44 Grind: Medium Moisture: Medium This will suit fine as a milder version of the Feiner Kownoer. I would go as far as to guess that this is one of the tobaccos used in that blend. A good natural tobacco snuff here. Review for Poschl Schmalzler A 2010-01-03 17:51:15 Grind: Coarse Moisture: Moist Nicotine: Medium I’m very happy to have a bag of this very subtle well rounded snuff. The scent reminds me of the Klostermischung that Bernard has. Slight rum headiness. With hints of the fruitiness that Doppelaroma carries. The mildness of sweet brings out the tobacco scents rather than covering of overpowering them here. The grind is nothing like that sharp gravelly stuff the smirky monk is shoveling. Easy to snuff all around winner here.