Juxtaposers Snuff Reviews

Review for Toque Espresso 08-15-2008 03:27AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium I drink too much coffee and espresso already to be attracted to this flavor. My first try of this was out of a small Toque bullet, then I mixed it with the most excellent Toque Chocolate. Not being a fair judge for this snuff, I will have to get more for a retrial, after all I did use it up in short order. P.S. I have a tin of it now and being a coffee lover I’m exited to say it makes a great pinch. The different Toque flavors bring out different aspects of the base tobacco. Espresso does a good job of rounding out the fresh tobacco taste of Toque. I think now I can skip the idea of putting tobacco in the coffee maker. Review for Toque Chocolate 08-15-2008 03:28AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium A must try! Unless you absolutely hate chocolate, this snuff is sure to please. The tobacco base is excellent. The grind is English style. The Toque snuff are super fresh so they do well in wood snuff boxes which allow them to breathe. Highly recommended! Also great for mixing. Review for Toque Natural 08-15-2008 03:29AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium Very mild taste as expected with a natural. Very good quality tobacco. Thank you Toque for making this available. I will be jarring some for aging and using some for homestyle recipes. Still, a good snuff on it’s own. Get some today! Free shipping from Toque. Review for US Smokeless Tobacco Rooster 08-15-2008 03:29AMGrind: Extra FineMoisture: DryNicotine: High Powerful extra fine snuff. Strong long lasting smoke flavoring. Reminds me of imitation smoke flavor. I use as a mixer or add a vanilla bean to tone down the initial artificial smell. Review for Other / Personal Creations Spanish Jewel 08-11-2008 07:58AMGrind: FineMoisture: MediumNicotine: Huge Best snuff ever! Powerful eye watering stuff. It has a great cigar like tobacco flavor. with a delicious sour note in the run. I recommend taking some time out for the experience. Have a seat and enjoy! What makes it an even more fantastic snuff is the method of acquisition from the soon to be legendary craftsman. For those interested search at snuffhouse.org. A reproduction of this great snuff is on short order. Good luck to all that try to attempt. The Dholakia tobacco’s are on the right track using only leaves for their snuff. A hit of sparrow gave me this idea. The flavors of Spanish Jewel though elusive have been attributed to malt and honey as far as I understand. Highly recommended! Don’t miss out! Review for Fribourg & Treyer Santo Domingo 08-15-2008 03:30AMGrind: CoarseMoisture: MoistNicotine: High Very dark, medium moist, course fired leaf tobacco with a delicate scent. Between sandalwood, cedar and violet none overpower the other making for an intriguing perfume. I detect a little saltiness also. Very easy to snuff loads due to it’s dampness though hard to keep a little from dropping out the nose. Nice nic and very mild tobacco fragrance. I am now compelled to try all of the Fribourg & Treyor recipes. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Crumbs of Comfort 08-15-2008 03:31AMGrind: FineMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium Fresh spearmint nose in a fine tobacco grind. I wasn’t sure I would like spearmint and was concerned that it would be sneezy for me but I was wrong! I love it. My imagination is running wild with the blending potential for this snuff. A very clean scent indeed. Review for Poschl Redbull 08-15-2008 03:43AMGrind: FineMoisture: MoistNicotine: Medium Uplifting super menthol. I seems like Ozona President with added menthol and camphor. But I can’t tell for sure because it’s hard to get past the menthol blast. Definite eucalyptus/menthol combo. It may also have some camphor in it. A big hit will make you cry so be careful. It’s less sweet than some of the other Poschls. With the handy container it’s in I’ll use it or lose it for sure. Review for Swedish Match Taxi Rock Spearmint 08-15-2008 03:37AMGrind: CoarseMoisture: MoistNicotine: High Nice fresh addition of spearmint to the Taxi line of snuffs. It’s great and has the same qualities as the Taxi Blue with a strong spearmint flavor. But the spearmint is just a distraction for me. I enjoy more the unadulterated tobacco experience of the Taxi Blue. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Royal George 08-15-2008 03:37AMGrind: FineMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium Sweet Amaretto. A favorite flavor of mine but to be used sparingly. All connoisseurs must try. Like a Rubik’s cube of flavors this one will take a little time to solve. Outstanding! Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Princes 08-15-2008 03:38AMGrind: CoarseMoisture: MoistNicotine: Medium Geranium is very prominent on the nose of this black moist snuff. Sickly tasting run is easily avoided by using smaller pinches. A nice herbal/floral fragrance to have on hand. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Thyme & Lemon 08-15-2008 03:39AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium Good lemon zest with the legendary herb thyme as the fragrance. Nice combination of flavors. Fine, light brown and medium moist. A superb herbal aperitif. Has a very clean scent. A great way to enjoy thyme as this taste normally gets put in the background of other herbs. Not here! Recommended. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Irish High Toast 22 08-15-2008 03:40AMGrind: Extra FineMoisture: DryNicotine: Medium Another great High Toast. Could easily become a favorite. Pale, fine, dry and light. Review for Poschl Alpina 08-15-2008 03:42AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium O.K. So another subtle variation on the menthol sweets. Another fantastic tricked out dispenser. May be the best container yet. But the snuff misses the mark for pine forest scent by just a hair. A little more pine scent in there would make it a little more distict from the rest of the gang O’ menths. Not bad though. I would take any one of the Poschl menthols over no menthols at all. But I do have my favorites. This may be one of them! It’s very sweet. Review for Toque Raspberry 8-11-2008 07:22AMGrind: MediumMoisture: DryNicotine: Medium Real raspberry scent. Not sweet nor sour yet I “feel” those aspects of the raspberry. Very easy to take. Extremely enjoyable. No menthol. No seeds! Great for an all day snuff. This snuff is not without the nuances of the Toque tobacco taste wich works very well with this raspberry essence. Review for Toque Blueberry 08-11-2008 07:52AMGrind: MediumMoisture: DryNicotine: Medium I’m really liking the fruit flavored snuffs that Toque has to offer. No menthol just an honest fruit scent that is not too strong as to hide the tobacco. These snuffs are not sweet either though it feels as if they are. In fact I’m feeling as if the fruit scents are actually stimulating insulin production. I know the nicotine is. Allright! Blueberry is another snuff that I can have with me and not wish I had brought another flavor along. Kudos to Roderick. Review for Toque Cherry 08-12-2008 07:19PMGrind: MediumMoisture: DryNicotine: Medium The Cherry scent brings out a grassiness in the tobacco that is not my favorite. However the cherryness keeps me interested pinch after pinch. The fact that I can pick up a tobacco nuance is not such a bad thing. After all, it is tobacco that I want in my nose and this is good tobacco. Easy to take. Not cloying or too sweet. I’m sure after a minimal maturation the grassiness will mellow. I now have a nice little box dedicated to carry my fruit flavored Toque snuffs around with me. Toque on! Review for Toque Vanilla 08-15-2008 04:00AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium A nice cleanly scented snuff. Vanilla and Tobacco and that’s it. Not cloying or overly sweet. The scent may remind you of some favorite food treat you may have had. Another great thing the Toque line of scented snuffs have going for them is their design with the intention of mixing them. The combinations are endless. Vanilla is a very important flavor to this end. So on it’s own or in a mix you’ll be glad you have this one. Review for Poschl Gawith Cola 08-18-2008 07:50AMGrind: FineMoisture: MoistNicotine: Medium Yet another sweet menthol from Poschl. The cola flavor is nice but the menthol ruins it for me. I prefer pinching anyway so the containers that these snuffs come in are not a big selling point for me. I do enjoy a menthol in the evenings and if I had some of this I would use it but I don’t. I tried some from a friend. I’m not going to buy some. I’d sooner buy the cola syrup digestive medicine I saw in the drug store to flavor my own. Review for Toque Toffee 08-25-2008 07:49PMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium A well done sweet toffee scent in the perfect grind of the Toque tobacco. Although the scent is sweet it’s not a sugary snuff but cleanly scented like most of the other Toque snuffs. This scent blends very closely with the base tobacco flavors making for a deep singular aroma that’s very delicious. It will take some time for me with this snuff to distinguish where the toffee ends and the tobacco begins. Again I must mention the convenience of not wishing I had another snuff on me is an awesome compliment to the quality of the Toque products. review for Toque Peppermint 09-15-2008 08:48AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium The joys of peppermint. When you want a menthol lift without the stuffy inflammation. Try mint! The base tobacco notes get almost completely covered by this scent but I have not thrown it in a box yet. That seems to bring the best out of the Toque. Christmas is around the corner so I should have it in a few mixes by then. It may just be getting another star in that future. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Brunswick 10-22-2008 10:23PMGrind: CoarseMoisture: MoistNicotine: Medium Similar to Wilson’s Princes but I like this much better. There is a strong citron flavor in addition to the geranium. Black and moist. Very messy. The long lasting scent stays with and does not blow easily not a bad thing but makes this snuff hard to follow in a sequence. A little cloying but makes a great finisher. Good for an occasional pinch. I think that geranium does not agree with me, the citron I love. Review for Wilsons of Sharrow Ice Liquorice 05-05-2009 03:52AMGrind: MediumMoisture: MediumNicotine: Medium Very nice! Lowenprise is one of my favorites. I think I could get away with putting this in the same container. This is a little less moist but has the same great licorice flavor that I like. There is always a place in my rotation for a good menthol snuff but there are so many of them. I for one do appreciate the differences. This is now my new favorite. Review for De Kralingse Macuba 10-22-2008 10:48PMGrind: FineMoisture: DryNicotine: High Superior snuff! Delicate, lasting, delicious subtle flavor. I love this tobacco base. Sweet Virginia. This flavor is so highly esteemed by me that I used it to make a mix with some of my precious Spanish Jewel. The other Virginia snuffs that Dekraslings has use this as their base as well. Very nice! Very, very nice! Review for De Kralingse Prins Regent 10-22-2008 10:59PMGrind: FineMoisture: MediumNicotine: High Yummy, yummy, yummy! The addition of bergamot to the cognac and rose Virginia is a true winner. I love bergamot and the character of the tasty Virginia tobacco is not lost here either. A little finer than most SP snuffs this snuff sits well in the nose. I can hardly get myself to blow. Sometimes I don’t. I recommend this snuff be tried by all who enjoy bergamot.