Medicated No99

I would recommend giving it a try if you like menthol snuff. I have some Hedges on the way. In fact I have about 15 different snuffs ordered for me to indulge in over the Christmas period. I just hope they get here soon!

Hedges is good snuff if you like strong menthol, I’m just going to nip up to the newsagents and get some. I’m starting with a cold, so that’ll soon sort me out.

The Medicated no99 is now one of my very favourite snuffs. Its not to strong once you get used to it and has a great flavour and a hell of a nicotine kick. Its in my circulation of top 4 snuffs at the moment, and the one I settle in to when I am having a drink.

anyone know where to get the medicated 99 in the u.s.

Not in the U.S. bob, you will have to order from the UK, hopefully the post I just made on online shops guide will make it easy for you to choose where to get it from. JH Wilson’s - Medicated 99 is available from UK - Greens of Leeds - £3.00 UK - McGahey the Tobacconist - £3.15 (per tin when bought in bulk) UK - My Smoking Shop - £1.05 (smaller tin)

You can try the Sample Request Form on the Sharrow site. They have something close, SM Medicated.

I’m getting my samples! Dear Mr. Johnson, Many thanks for your interest in Sharrow snuff and our new website. Your sample will be sent out this week/early next week. Kind regards, Carol Wilsons & Co. (Sharrow) Ltd.

I recently ordered a small tin of Medicated No. 99. It’s now two days later and I’m wishing I got the large tin. It’s a very strong menthol and I haven’t decided if I like it or Hedges L260 better. As far as getting it in the US, I got mine from www.snuffstore.co.uk I was very surprised that it took only 5 days for my order to arrive.

1 Like

I bought a BIG tin - 25g?- of No99 about 4 months ago and I still don’t know whether I like it. Very strong menthol & something else kick in it. Don’t know about the nicotine. I can easily live without this snuff.

I like the No.99. I have found that it is a bit sweeter and less sharp if you pinch it rather than off the back of the hand.

I bought the big tin of J+H Wilson’s Medicated No99 today. Like the Radfords, it’s a ‘twisty coin’ job - which basically means that even Dr. Who’s sonic screwdriver would struggle to get the lid off! :slight_smile: But once eventually opened, this is fantastic stuff. (Such tins seem difficult at first, but then become easier after the initial frustration - still, I like to put some in another container for easier access). I’m very much a Menthol Man, so this is my kind of thing. On the one hand, it seems like a basic menthol, but there is also definitely something extra there, as suggested by the first post. (Which was made back in 2007 - sorry for resurrecting such an old thread!) I can imagine re-purchasing this fellow.

it’s got some corriander in it I swear it’s subtle but it’s in there.

I have about six or seven unopened large tins(25g) i purchased from Nicotine Rush pre-pact, i really fell in love w/it. I think that was at the peak of my TAD days. These days i’am lucky to snuff once a day, the rolleys really got me this time.

I haven’t had it for two years, but I recall it being amazing, and that was from a 8g dustbox; I would like to try the twisty-coin contents too someday.

@Sloth: you did a good job to bring this thread back to life. I am a big fan of menthol myself and use menthol snuffs everyday - but still, i never had the mentoined one. I will place a new order this night (i am drunk, it is easier to spend money of “pleasure” when you are drunk HEHE) and this time i will not forget it. XD

Medicated No99 was one of the first menthol snuffs I tried. It is a faovirte of mine also.

@Prismaster - Thanks, I thought it was best to bring an old thread back rather than start a new one. Glad to see a few new posts on this snuff! It’s a relatively strong menthol, pleasant and refreshing and I’ve kept going back to it. Not sure about bob’s corriander, but that could be a fair point. I seem to get a bit of lemon and lime from it.

I just did a new order with my favorite retailer here in Germany and this time RedBull is on the list :slight_smile: I am very curious how it turns out in the nose and to compare the actual strength with others.

@Prismaster - Red Bull is definitely really nice too. Not sure if you meant to post about it in the Medicated No99 thread or if it was due to the booze…! Been taking the Medicated No99 fairly frequently over the past few days, and this is truly good stuff. Hopefully it should keep well in the twisty-coin tin as presumably it’s airtight… just a bit of a bother to open.

Very good medicated snuff, I’d buy this regularly if on sale here. It is also very easy to use and friendly to nose like all JH Wilson snuffs.