OT- Whatcha Watching?

I watched Codename: Wild Geese last night, an 80’s war/action flick with Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnigne, and Klaus Kinski, directed by Margheriti, the guy who did the original Inglorious Bastards… no, I think I’m wrong there, it’s Castellari that did Bastards, but Margheriti has a great filmography as well.

Got it on TV in the back ground as i read snuffhouse, strange fella with a little stick, classical music and fireworks BBC Proms 2009

tom502, anything with Lee Van Cleef is worth watching.

I love Lee Van Cleef, he’s my fave western star. Day of Anger, the Big Gundown…

Old “Benny Hill” with the kids-(have to skip a few parts to keep it kid friendly)

Ohio St. vs. USC

And I thought I was alone in my admiration of Lee Van Cleef. See what you learn on this site. For all of you true fans, Netflix has the DVD’s from the short lived TV series “the Master” starring Lee Van Cleef as a master ninja. Just got through watching an excellent film called “Sin Nombre” It’s about some Honduran immigrants that try to make the journey north to the USA. Really shows a different side of the struggle than what you see here in Phoenix amongst all the Sheriff Joe Arpaio loving, anti-immigration nazis.

I’ve just watched the film ‘1066’ about the three battles that year. Superb film now out on DVD. I think it was made by the UK TV Channel 4.

@ snuffster: Is that a historical drama or documentary? One genre of films I collect is historical dramas. There are lots of UK made ones that are hard to get around here.

Xander, Its historical drama. It was made for UK TV by one of our channels. I highly recommend it: try Googling. If you have problems, its available in my local store - happy to get one for you if needs be, but I would think its available somewhere on the net.

Ok, thanks, I will look it up. I can’t really watch DVDs made in the UK as you have a different color formating system, and also most DVDS are region encoded to prevent them being sold in different markets. Sometimes I can watch on my computer, but not my TV. For most British productions, there pretty much has to be a North American edition for it to be viable. So you getting one for me probably would be futile. Being as its a Channel 4 production and not BBC makes it less likely, but we do get some of their productions. Thanks for the offer though.

Trailer Park Boys - season 7. Laughing my ass off :o)))))))))

1 Like

The cheapo DVD player from Best Buy Insignia plays PAL DVDs. I also bought a cheap DVD/VCR player at Big Lots a while back, a Phillips, and it plays PAL too. I’m good with a PAL compatable play, but for a die-hard world DVD collector, you need an all region player as well.

Killing time with the Bucs / Cowboys. Other than the fact that I ALWAYS like watching Dallas getting beat, this game has no interest to me. Plus, they’re winning! But in less than an hour… REDSKINS!!!

Most Phillips players can be hacked for all region play. Be warned though, the players are junk. I just threw one out that was 6 months old. It was freeze in the middle of play. It might have been caused by the hack code, but either way it went in the bin. On the flip side, APEX players were the best when they were still around. Ran like a top.

I had a cheap phillips DVD player that I got for about $50 USD. It lasted almost eight months before it quit reading discs (and I never used a hack code). I’m kind of glad it quit though. I upgraded to a Magnavox blu-ray. Right now I’m watching one of the strangest movies I’ve ever seen. It’s called “Tideland”, directed by Terry Gilliam, so I guess I should have known it would be strange.

Mine did the same thing, snuffegnugen. I paid around $40 for it at Wally’s. It was an upconverter as well, so I thought it would be a good player. Last night I watched the Patriots v. Bills game. GO PATS!

When DVDs 1st came out, it seems mine were breaking down quick, and they were much more expsive then. I bought a $178 player, can’t recall the brand, but well known, maybe GE, Sony… but that thing didn’t last long at all. My 2 players I have now were cheap and have lasted now for a long while, I think over 2 yrs or so now and no problems. Now, with players being $30 if it lasts me 6 months I don’t feel robbed. I think the basic mechanics of making them have gotten better in time. But the 2 I have are cheap ones and have lasted me a while and still going good. What I didn’t like, was one of them I needed an RF converter, which I’d never bought before, and I went to Circuit City and the cheapest one they had was $30 bucks, and I have since seen them for $10 and less, and now I don’t even need it.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Mutant?