Pepermunt Snuif

Yet another snuff by De Kralingse from the Netherlands. Again, based on the very tasty Latakia Ao 1860. As the name says, it has quite a strong smell of peppermint which has a refreshing effect. When it comes to the taste, the peppermint is well balanced with the smoky note of the Latakia basis. If you like the scent of peppermint, you may want to give it a try.

Just got this one in yesterday. The peppermint is indeed very strong and stays with you a long time. Closest I can come to describing it is it smells like you have a snoot full of Scope mouthwash. It is somehow refreshing though like brushing your teeth in the morning or taking a hot shower after a long day of work. Not an all day sniffer for me, but most likely a once a day snuff. Lots of respect for DeKralingse, I have yet to try a snuff of theirs I haven’t enjoyed. Now if Mars will just get the Orange in stock so I can complete my DeKralingse line…

Just a quick update, I took a couple of big pinches of this snuff again this morning. I think that perhaps my nose has gotten used to the peppermint because this time the Latakia really came through. Completely changed my opinion of this product and now I think this will be going into my rotation of all day snuffs after all. It is very similar to the AP in that aspect. Once you get past the main scent the Latakia goodness hits you just right. Good stuff!

I love this one. A favorite for sure. It kind of reminds me of a dark chocolate mint. At least it’s general tonal range(I hope that makes sense.) The two problems with this snuff are first that when I ordered it from mars I went through it in a bout two days, the second problem is I find this one hard to stop using I tend to take pinch after pinch (chain snuffing). Wonderfull.

I still have 1/2 a tub of this excellent snuff. Recently I rehydrated it, almost good as new.

@mrmanos Good to hear it keeps well after all these ears and also after rehydration!

1 Like

Although not a peppermint snuff per se the Gawith Hoggarth Special M has a strong peppermint aroma along with the menthol.

@snuffmiller Yes the Peppermunt rehydrates well with a thin slice of carrot or a piece of orange peel. Also the same is true for Son de Tonca, and Pompadour!

1 Like

All of my De Kralingse snuffs rehydrate well even after years in those tapboxes they are almost as good as new after rehydrating. They are a rare treat these days though, Son de Tonka and St. Omers would be in my regular rotation if I could get more.

1 Like

@ n9inchnails: Glad to hear still such positive comments on my snuffs!

2 Likes