Worst snuff you've had?

I mentioned i mixed the Gletscher Prise for not really being impressed, but I play with the notion that there are “Clean” snuffs and “Dirty” snuffs. Like Ozona President is clean and Gletscher Prise is dirty. Or the trick with the Ozona fruits is chase it with Red Seal. Am I off the farm on this one?

I would consider Gletscher Prise a “clean” snuff. It’s pure menthol and columbia oil, and has a clean taste. That’s just my .02 though.

I love Gletscher Prise.

Gletscher Prise…it’s good and clean and fresh, tra la la !! One of my firm favourites. I like President as well but it makes my nose run like a tap.

Not overfond of Gletscher Prise, but the worst snuff hands down for me is Gawith Hoggarth Strawberry. Horrible Shake ‘N’ Vac scent. Yuck.

Lotzbeck’s Perle and Premium mild both are like snuffing something dead to me. G&H Jockey Club has so much burn and the scent is fake I can’t stand it. I would not even consider the Wilsons for a long time because of it. I am glad ya’ll talked me into trying it. I now use the Wilsons on a regular basis now.

I can tolerate the Premium Mild, but the Perle is like sniffing stale saw dust.

Of the 15 I’ve tried in my relatively limited snuffing ‘career’, I have to say that the Dholakia Apple Pie is my LEAST favorite. Since I got it as a sample in early March, I’ve probably tried it 4 times and each time put it away for a week or longer…easily forgotten. To my nose it’s just too spicy, and primarily cloves. If it were ham and cloves with a little pineapple added, I might like it more.

The Dholakia Sandalwood is on the fence. But I don’t “hate” it.

Either Wilson’s Gold label or Dholakia Wine and cheese. Both of which were extremely disapointing as i was looking forward to them.

1 Like

For me it’s got to be GH Dry Orange. I think I’d rather get a punch on the nose than sniff that stuff again. Come to think of I’m not sure I’d be able to distinguish between a punch on the nose and a sniff of that hellish mixture. It didn’t even smell of oranges.

Yes, I did not fall in love with either the Dry Orange nor the Wall Flower. Mixed it in with some other snuff eventually. I must admit that, at the stage when I tried them, I was still battling to sniff dry snuff and it went flying straight down my throat. But I will rather stay clear of them, I have enough very nice products to use.

Dholakia Sparrow Cool has to be the dryest dry snuff I ever sniffed. I’m still on the fence with this one, because I can tell it has a nice flavor and a coolness to it, but I can’t really sniff it to experience that.

To be brutally honest I agree with Filek all the American snuffs I have tried I’ve not really liked. I’ve tried 4 WE Garrett, Levi Garret, Square and Stokers Plain, I couldn’t tell the difference between them, they are very one dimensional, just a horrible smokiness which I just couldn’t get on with. I have also tried Garretts Sweet while a little bit more appealing than its Scotch brother it still didn’t float my boat. Stefan

Put 'em in your mouth. Now since I recently did get some DHT, I do see a similarity, but I much prefer the toast. But I also can see a plain toast lover liking the plain scotches.

Of the eight or so Gawith Hoggarth snuffs I’ve tried, the only one I can just about stomach is the Irish D. Their Fleurette and Jockey Club nearly made me retch.

I love Gawith Hoggarth Fleurette and most of their other varieties. I suppose different snuffs appeal to different people.

disregard…wrong topic

I’ve found that I can’t get into the florals or American products. I like Rooster well enough, but the one tin I have will last me a LONG time.

@ hoss: try Maccoboy. Its floral AND American! Actually, its not as floral as something like Fluerette. But as American snuffs go, its a breed apart.