Snuff with covid nose

Hi community, I signed up here to find fellow snuff taker who might have a solution for my suffering. since i had covid i can not take snuff anymore, mabe just once a day or so. If i do more than once my nose starts running with a gluey and sticky liquid that burns like hell. It runs like water and occures around 4 to 5 hours after sniffing. Does any of you have experience or advice with that condition?

2 Likes

The only thing I know that it takes time and effort to recover the sense of smell (everything smells bad after covid for some people). I hope you find someone that can help you.

4 Likes

Ditto - Get well soon @PlayersDevil :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you!

So far i have no problem with my sense of smell :smiley:

Hopefully it gets better in the future.

I wonder why I seem to be the only person with this.

3 Likes

I remember when I had it. Still dragging as s two years later. Although the appreciation of smell has come back. Don’t sell your stash yet :)>-

5 Likes

I think you should use a tobacco with less nicotine and it should be verry dry , usually dry tobacco don’t make runny nose, If so you Should take less to make your nose recover first , im not a doctor im just saying from my own experience, i hope this is helping , god bless

2 Likes

Thanks Abdoulaye.

In the meantime ive been testing aroung a litte. Sometimes it went out quite OK. But sometimes i had the old problems again. Snuffed a few times beetween morning and noon and had a sore nose for a week.
If I only had one nose of an old pack of Gletscherprise it was perfectly fine.

So probably you´re right, i shouldnt start with snuffing to much :smiley:

3 Likes

The only thing i found verry helpful in how to snuff is yo sniff tobacco from the front of the nose, if you do it that way you will enjoy every pinch so that’s what going to make make you do it less cause you will enjoy it more , but just becarfull as well snuff is actually good when it taken carfully, and do that fromt of the nose cause it helped me a lot :wink: god bless :pray:

3 Likes

I’m with Covid and unable to take tobacco, because my nosetrils are almost closed :sob: .

2 Likes

Well, I can “sniff” again :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

2 Likes

I do not like “unfinshed” topics.
So,
i was also smoking pipe all the time but after a year the pipe also made my nose sore.
That made me trying out chewing tobacco instead of smoking (stoker’s is quite a kick to the head). And lo and behold i took snuff the last few days and my nose doesn’t feel like it’s about to fall off.
The solution was so close all the time :woozy_face:

And by the way a i found a discussion about how snuff could prevent a cold or even covid. But the day i got infected i was snuffing tons of Schmalzer while helping friends moving a kitchen to a new appartment.
At least for me it did nothing.

1 Like