Recieved March 9, 2022 to Vancouver, Canada

OTTO Schmalzler 10G Tin

Pöschl Ozona President Snuff 7g

Toque Bourbon Bullet

McChrystals Jip - Small Tin 4.5g

McChrystals Mini tin 3.5g Old English

McChrystals mini tin 3.5g Aztec

6 Photo Kailash 8g

I took one look at the OTTO Schmalzler and I could tell this was something special. Amazing tobacco smell.

On the other hand, I double bagged the 6 Photo Kailash and stored away from my other snuffs. I will not be able to enjoy that particular snuff. 

8 Likes
Product Quantity Price
Artisan Snuff Dark Rappee 15g 3 $14.04
Wilsons of Sharrow Black Rapee 20g 3 $13.47
Viking Brown 20g tin 3 $12.66
Viking Blonde 20g tin 3 $12.66
NTSU BLACK 14G 3 $6.96
NTSU GREEN 14G 3 $6.96
Snubie’s Toque SP Wintergreen 1 $2.53
Toque Vanilla 25g Tin 1 $5.35
Toque Coltsfoot 25g Tin 1 $5.35
Silver Dollar Scotch 25g Tin 2 $13.38

Everything but the bottom 3 items are new.  First order in almost 2 years… pretty excited

7 Likes

It’s been a while, placed an order with our friends at Mr Snuff . Very concerned to see everyone online is out of my wife’s favorite Poschl Original. Ordered the new SWS, which I’m looking forward to. Also some toasts since I’m enjoying these scotches surprisingly, including Lundy Foot. Got a variety of menthols to hopefully hold my wife over. Also some Cafe Regal and NTSU or taxi green for guilty pleasure moments next to a tissue box.

5 Likes

Ordered another 400g of cheese and bacon. Lasts me about 3 month.

8 Likes

Posted by Toque on the 22nd of March and delivered at 8:42 this morning.  

Artisan Snuff Dark Rappee 15 grams

Artisan Snuff Juniper Rappee 15 grams

Fribourg & Treyer Santo Domingo 200 grams

McChrystal’s Vintage Velvet 3.5 grams

Toque Natural Toast 25 grams

Wilsons of Sharrow Africa 250 grams 

Wilsons of Sharrow Irish No. 22 250 grams

A thought or two from one who has no pretensions to being a ‘nose’ :

Juniper.  I expected, reasonably or otherwise, some astringency or other notes associated with gin.  What I got was a very light sweetness which faded quickly.  The underlying tobacco is of excellent quality but I don’t see that the difference in cost compared to Brunswick Black Rapee or Silky Dark is merited.

Natural Toast:  Very much like High Dry Toast though possibly lighter, fluffier.

Vintage Velvet.  Started with a light scent of violet which is quickly eclipsed by, to my nose, a much stronger note of clove, which dissipated quickly.

6 Likes

@highdrytoast thank you for your thoughts.

Any thoughts on Artisan Dark Rappee? Is it similar to Silky Dark or any other well known?

3 Likes

@tobaccobob  Sorry but haven’t tried that one yet.  I’ll report back after I do.

3 Likes

@tobaccobob, I haven’t tried Artisan Dark Rappee, but I assume it’s quite similar to WoS rappee, which they sell under Viking Dark Rappee/Brunswick Black Rappee/M&W Black Rappee labels (if not the same).

I was treated with a pinch of Artisan Ficus Rappee and found the base identical to WoS rappee.

3 Likes

@volunge yes,that’s what I thought too.

Actually I’m little suspicious for this Artisan series…I would like to see a more detailed description of the blend,the tobacco leaf that has been used,the process etc…not just ‘‘it’s moist and coarse’’ and more expensive…

3 Likes

@tobaccobob I had a chance to compare Artisan’s Black Rappee and Silky Dark.  To me the grind of Silky Dark was notably coarser.  I did not find much difference between the scents of the two, though the scent of the Silky Dark lasted longer.  And for what it’s worth Silky Dark caused significantly more drip than the Black Rappee. 

5 Likes

@highdrytoast thank you my friend,you and @volunge saved me some money…

:)>-

4 Likes

Mostly some medicated numbers as I keep running out of them!

Hedges L260

M&W’s Keen Scented 

WoS SM

WoS SM Blue 

Singletons

McChrystal’s Jip x 3 

Artisan Snuff Robusta Rappee

7 Likes

|

Fribourg and Treyer High Dry Toast 200g Economy Pouch

|

|
|

Plastic Snuff Box - Two Way Entry

|

|
|

McChrystals Large Tin 8.75g SP

|

|
|

Wilsons of Sharrow Irish Toast 20g

|

|
|

Toque Original 100G Economy Pouch

|

|
|

Toque T-Shirt Plain - Large

|

|
|

McChrystals Large Tin 8.75g Star Gazer

|

|
|

Toque SP Extra 200G Economy Pouch

|

|

5 Likes

Not sure why I couldn’t eliminate the large space. even editing didn’t help.

5 Likes

I’m waiting on an order of 10 (7 gram) tap boxes of Poschl “Red Bull” and 1 tap box of Bernard jubilams. Looking forward to both.

7 Likes

My order from Toque listed above was ordered 4/7/22, arrived 4/15/22. Ohio.

5 Likes

@Tapout how do you find the snuffbox you ordered? I’ve been tempted a number of times to order one but unsure of the dimensions and usability.

3 Likes

@Huysmans I was surprised at how large it is. You could easily pocket it, but in my busy pockets it probably won’t travel with me much. If I was heading to a destination that I planned on staying a couple days I would fill and take. I guess it can hold 15-20 grams. It isn’t too air tight so dry snuffs, or short term moist ones. Table top use mostly because of size but I wouldn’t be afraid to pocket it. I’m a 99%jeans wearing construction type, so if it dusted up a pocket I wouldn’t GAF. I don’t think just being in a pocket would make it leak. It would take a sharp hit to do that. Feels really sturdy in a crush proof way, but If I tap it on a table when full of HDT it does dust up a piece of printer paper pretty good. I’ve never met a snuff box that was air tight anyway so I’m happy with it so far. I would like it to be slimmer for everyday pocket use. Its larger in every dimension than my old Sharrow wooden sliding top box.

4 Likes

@Huysmans: youtu.be/OFBHa-uld1M?t=85 .

Also: youtube.com/watch?v=Xd_gZIQXqh4.

MdK sold their snuffs in similar brown boxes without a tap hatch. They do look attractive, but aren’t airtight and don’t have any lock / lid fixer. I still have a couple of them, but never re-used even as a table top box. Here’s one in Brian’s hand: youtu.be/jmcnDxr2hew?t=33

3 Likes

volunge that’s the one I have.

2 Likes