Your latest snuff order

@MisterPaul waiting to hear your comments before I buy anymore of the Artisans!

3 Likes

Six of the new Artisan line from Roderick, a roll of NTSU green, and awaiting a package of Rosinski. They’re all here except the Rosinski.

3 Likes

This was my first order as someone new to snuff, and I’m rather regretting not having bought anything mentholated but quite pleased nonetheless. From Toque Snuff:

Wilsons Of Sharrow: Crumbs of Comfort and Africa

Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris

McChrystals: Star Gazer, Summer Harvest, Sturco, Wee Dram, Sunset, and Olde English

Otto Chancellor

Bernard Amostrinha 

I think next time I’ll have to get some more floral scents and to try some from Indian manufacturers. And of course some medicated tins. Any recommendations?

6 Likes

Nice @mrfunk , for mentholated snuffs sturco is one if memory serves. Try hedges L260, snuv iron goddess of mercy, Samuel Gawith pinewood ice. The eagle landed. That was quick. A little over two weeks.

2 Likes

@Mrfunk - A lovely opening order - F&T’s Old Paris is a firm favourite of many in the snuff community. F&T do some more complicated florals. Six Photo is a great place to start with Indian snuff, and I would second @StudiodecolBlau with either Hedges L260, Mullins & Westley’s Keen Scented, or McChrystal’s JIP! as fine recommendations for a straight medicated snuff  

5 Likes

It’s been a while since I put in an order!

F&T- Patchouli, Seville

McChrystal’s- Fine Keg, Jip, Old English, Sicilian Burst, Sturco, Vintage Velvet, Wee Dram

WofS- Beltane, Crumbs, Dynamite, Grand Cairo, Grove, Matador, Royal George, Wall

Artisan- Firemans, Resolute

GH- SP

Hedges- The Snuff

Pfalzer- Asgard, BeReschit, Donnersberg, Duwak Dulcis, Freya, Haribik

Really looking forward to the Artisan and Pfalzers. Haven’t had any from either of them so I’m ready for some treats!

6 Likes

A teeny order from old pal Rodders at Toque:

Gawith Hoggarth Cafe Regal

Wilsons of Sharrow Best Dark

Samuel Gawith Silky Dark

Wilsons of Sharrow S.M.

Cafe Regal is my default coffee number still, haven’t had either of the darks in many, many moons and had a bit of craving… Going to try the WoS in a Pepsi Challenge with M&W’s Keen Scented; that’s my favourite medicated so should be interesting!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@dwnwrdishvnwrd - Nice!!! Some great choices there! :-) 

4 Likes

Order from Toque:

Ordered Jan 6, 2022

Recieved March 9, 2022 to Vancouver, Canada

OTTO Schmalzler 10G Tin

Pöschl Ozona President Snuff 7g

Toque Bourbon Bullet

McChrystals Jip - Small Tin 4.5g

McChrystals Mini tin 3.5g Old English

McChrystals mini tin 3.5g Aztec

6 Photo Kailash 8g

I took one look at the OTTO Schmalzler and I could tell this was something special. Amazing tobacco smell.

On the other hand, I double bagged the 6 Photo Kailash and stored away from my other snuffs. I will not be able to enjoy that particular snuff. 

8 Likes
Product Quantity Price
Artisan Snuff Dark Rappee 15g 3 $14.04
Wilsons of Sharrow Black Rapee 20g 3 $13.47
Viking Brown 20g tin 3 $12.66
Viking Blonde 20g tin 3 $12.66
NTSU BLACK 14G 3 $6.96
NTSU GREEN 14G 3 $6.96
Snubie’s Toque SP Wintergreen 1 $2.53
Toque Vanilla 25g Tin 1 $5.35
Toque Coltsfoot 25g Tin 1 $5.35
Silver Dollar Scotch 25g Tin 2 $13.38

Everything but the bottom 3 items are new.  First order in almost 2 years… pretty excited

7 Likes

It’s been a while, placed an order with our friends at Mr Snuff . Very concerned to see everyone online is out of my wife’s favorite Poschl Original. Ordered the new SWS, which I’m looking forward to. Also some toasts since I’m enjoying these scotches surprisingly, including Lundy Foot. Got a variety of menthols to hopefully hold my wife over. Also some Cafe Regal and NTSU or taxi green for guilty pleasure moments next to a tissue box.

5 Likes

Ordered another 400g of cheese and bacon. Lasts me about 3 month.

8 Likes

Posted by Toque on the 22nd of March and delivered at 8:42 this morning.  

Artisan Snuff Dark Rappee 15 grams

Artisan Snuff Juniper Rappee 15 grams

Fribourg & Treyer Santo Domingo 200 grams

McChrystal’s Vintage Velvet 3.5 grams

Toque Natural Toast 25 grams

Wilsons of Sharrow Africa 250 grams 

Wilsons of Sharrow Irish No. 22 250 grams

A thought or two from one who has no pretensions to being a ‘nose’ :

Juniper.  I expected, reasonably or otherwise, some astringency or other notes associated with gin.  What I got was a very light sweetness which faded quickly.  The underlying tobacco is of excellent quality but I don’t see that the difference in cost compared to Brunswick Black Rapee or Silky Dark is merited.

Natural Toast:  Very much like High Dry Toast though possibly lighter, fluffier.

Vintage Velvet.  Started with a light scent of violet which is quickly eclipsed by, to my nose, a much stronger note of clove, which dissipated quickly.

6 Likes

@highdrytoast thank you for your thoughts.

Any thoughts on Artisan Dark Rappee? Is it similar to Silky Dark or any other well known?

3 Likes

@tobaccobob  Sorry but haven’t tried that one yet.  I’ll report back after I do.

3 Likes

@tobaccobob, I haven’t tried Artisan Dark Rappee, but I assume it’s quite similar to WoS rappee, which they sell under Viking Dark Rappee/Brunswick Black Rappee/M&W Black Rappee labels (if not the same).

I was treated with a pinch of Artisan Ficus Rappee and found the base identical to WoS rappee.

3 Likes

@volunge yes,that’s what I thought too.

Actually I’m little suspicious for this Artisan series…I would like to see a more detailed description of the blend,the tobacco leaf that has been used,the process etc…not just ‘‘it’s moist and coarse’’ and more expensive…

3 Likes

@tobaccobob I had a chance to compare Artisan’s Black Rappee and Silky Dark.  To me the grind of Silky Dark was notably coarser.  I did not find much difference between the scents of the two, though the scent of the Silky Dark lasted longer.  And for what it’s worth Silky Dark caused significantly more drip than the Black Rappee. 

5 Likes

@highdrytoast thank you my friend,you and @volunge saved me some money…

:)>-

4 Likes

Mostly some medicated numbers as I keep running out of them!

Hedges L260

M&W’s Keen Scented 

WoS SM

WoS SM Blue 

Singletons

McChrystal’s Jip x 3 

Artisan Snuff Robusta Rappee

7 Likes