6 Photo Krishan Sudama Snuff

@volunge I can send some you some KS snuff boxes without those disgusting warning pictures.

It will be a gift.Please PM your postal address.

5 Likes

I got some of this on my last order. I’ve tried it a few times and it’s steady growing on me. And yes I had to get rid of the box too. It’s too much. I really wish there was a tined version of this snuff. I get a good bit of the mint flavor mixed in with the funk. I think I’ll keep going back to this one.

1 Like

I need to practice with these finer snuffs as KS shoots straight to the back of my throat with just the smallest inhale possible. This is a huge bag for the price and really want to like this one but need to get technique down first. Decanting is a must for KS as the bag is not good for long term storage.

2 Likes

I got a box of this a few months ago. It’s fine, but very similar to the other white ultra fine types. I enjoy it every so often as it’s easy to sniff and has lots of nicotine.

2 Likes

Krishan Sudama has the worst smell i have ever came across! 

Reminiscence of the puke and old type toothpaste. 

Its just my personal opinion. Perhaps some persons will like that weird twist not me.

2 Likes

@Nikolaos, after longer indulgence in this tapkir I started getting an interesting, raw sulphur-akin note there, too. Here’s an easy fix: add some powdered Latakia, Perique or fire cured Kentucky to make it your dream snuff. So easy to transform, such a wonderful result! That is, if you like smoky and pungent baccy.

I used SWS Latakia blend, 1:5 mixing ratio was more than enough! I bet 1:10 would work, too. Will try later this evening and report back.

Ah, and if you like mentholated snuff, you can add menthol into it (up to 5%; 5% would be Hedges-like). Or / and some drops of your favourite essential oil.

@volunge First time in my small snuff life my stomach goes bad from a Snuff! 

I dont want to be not fair, i will give time to specific snuff. 

I dont give too much rate of improvement here. The toothpaste tone is not a big problem the rest is a nightmare.

Thank you for the solution i will give a try in the close future.   

1 Like

@Nikolaos you are not alone.I also found it repulsive in the beginning.Now I have put it away and wait for the time to improve it(maybe),otherwise what @volunge said is the best option…maybe some F&T Patchouli would make it perfect.

1 Like

@tobaccobob First time i make an effort to forget a scent… spooky… LOL

1 Like

It’s fun to make small sand castles with because it’s so clumpy but I’m afraid I have to throw this one out. It’s too fine ground and far too disgusting.

1 Like

OK, this is the worst snuff I had chance to try. First time I opened the tin and I quickly closed it again, as soon as the odour hit my nostrils. Reminded me of public toilet tbh.

After few weeks I actually gave it a go. The scent is really off putting, powder stick to fingers as if they were covered in oil - even tho I got clean dry hands. Never again, no no no. Not my cup of “tea”.

2 Likes

I still have a 50 gram bag of this. Never really liked it much. Maybe I can mix it with something else. Or I may let my goats eat it. Goats love snuff! Don’t ask me why, but they just love it.

2 Likes

I have had enough . So  made  some alterations in the flavouring. A new batch  of KS  is on the way to mrsnuff. Hopefully this will get some positive vibes.

9 Likes

@sixphoto I’m feeling some positive vibes from this. It’s moist, medium grind with a refreshing aroma - some mint at the beginning then a kind of perfumed fruitiness. My favourite label artwork would be nice to see more like that in the future. To my taste much nicer up the nose than as a dentrifice.

1 Like

@Huysmans , it is good to hear some positive views on Krishan Sudama after all.!

1 Like

Ok, I found my bag of this yesterday in amongst a bunch of different oldies. My batch doesn’t have any menthol, but it’s still decent. May mix in some old NC Madras.

2 Likes

This tapkir can be easily turned to naswar: https://www.reddit.com/r/nasalsnuff/comments/wtx0oq/converting\_tapkir\_into\_naswar/

3 Likes

@volunge , you are a genius !

BTW , Begum chhap pathan snuff and Afghan Black are real naswars 

Shamama afgani and Fire & Ice too can be classified as  naswars 

All moist snuff /Makla are basically naswars 

Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I am gonna try it with some 6 photo cheeta ! Great idea!

1 Like

@sixphoto, from what I gather, the difference between shammah/chema (“makla”, also Turkish Marash otu) and Pakistani naswar lies in the binder (like guar gum or any other thickener). The former products are made without binder, but naswar is more likely to contain it.

This isn’t set in stone, though – according to some older papers, two Poschl’s chema-type products (the coffee- and mint-flavoured Chema) were made with bentonite, and there’s even one Swedish loose snus product - Granit Loose - which is made with starch.

1 Like