Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Your Favorite Toast (and why...)

2»

Comments

• For me it's a toss up between Irish 22 and F&T HDT. I like how the Wilson's cans you don't have to decant to use it, you can get your fingers into the F&T tubes but they do have a really sophisticated look.
  • It's good to see that Irish 22 is still up there @Brandasaur. Times have changed so much since I got into snuff, but it's reassuring to know that quality toasts remain timeless :)
  • HDT, Irish 22 and the now seemingly hard to find Irish D are the three toasts I have most experience of. Irish D I found a rather lacklustre, Irish 22 I enjoyed and HDT is the one I keep returning to. HDT gives me the most variety as different scents will come to the fore at different. Sometimes smoky, others nutty or leathery or sweetish biscuit.
  • For me HDT and Irish 22 taste almost the same in the nose. The tin note, HDT is more biscuity.

It is good and I like both.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    Irish high toast is way up there for me, man.
    There's just something about it that's so strangely appealing.

• Marmite on seeded bread, with salty butter. Why? Because it's delicious. 
    Oh, snuff? Irish 22. Why? It's one i can chain sniff without clogging me up , while i drink icy beer. 
  • Wilson’s #22 works for me. F&T seems identical or almost. I also mix in Snafu Plain to boost the nic level.
  • In bulk I buy, 22,or HTD, or TNT. I go with what is the best value. But my favorite toast is TNT.
  • I prefer Wilson's 22 over HDT and TNT,for every day use.
    But for special moments it's Lundy Foot or Havana Toast or St James Parish!
  • Lundy foot I’d say.
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    I have found that mixing Wilson’s 22 with any sweet American scotch delivers the toast scent and adds a sweetness not found in the toasts. I started doing it to stretch my hdt and to actually use some of the numerous scotches I have acquired over my years of snuff collecting. Sometimes I add some 6Photo Mysore Sandalwood to the mixture too.
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    Forgot to mention that the SG Irish D was my favorite toast. I haven’t seen it in quite awhile; I suppose it’s been discontinued for some unknown reason.