Your latest snuff order

^^^ @Just_Browsing - Cob’s are great for that, I have some cheap clay pipes that I used to use for the same thing. That’s a fine selection of snuff too :wink: Temping me to put another order in… :D 

4 Likes

@MisterPaul Truth is, i’ve got waaaay more snuff than i can ever use. Almost every brand and type i can find in the UK. It’s mostly decanted, labelled, vacuum sealed with a kitchen food sealer, and stashed away in my old fishing bait fridge ( I’m going blind with Stargardt disease, can’t see to tie knots etc anymore ). But i can’t help myself. Besides, it’s good to stock up on faves, as sometimes certain types stop being sold. 

Never tried a clay pipe, used to dig up tons of broken ones in my garden. But cobs are great, always smoke cool and sweet, and who cares if they ghost. 

3 Likes

@Just_Browsing - _"_Truth is, i’ve got waaaay more snuff than i can ever use."  Ah yes - I hear you there brother! :)) I’m sorry to learn of your ocular issue… :frowning: There’s a lot of wisdom in holding a bit of stash I think; I try to keep mine half sensible [only fooling myself here!!] but your quite correct, sometimes they just stop making a favourite variety. Clays are good, though you do need to treat them with respect as they can burn hot if puffed too hard (and do break if you drop them on the floor :wink: ) Well worth a go though! Someone on the forum (to my same I forget who) recommended this supplier to me years back http://www.dawnmist.org/pipesale.htm Heather is small artisan producer but her work appears a lot in film and TV, she is the wizard of the period clay pipe, I have several of her clays and they are all bangers. Worth checking in on the website now and then as she has different stuff at different times. I’m especially partial to her clay cutty nose warmer nubers - I want to smoke one now… Doh! :))

2 Likes

First snuff order ever >>> I thought I’d post it up just to share as well as to track shopping times to my area in case anyone wanted to know. I know I was checking out what I could beforehand. I’m located on the west coast of Canada. I placed one order with MrSnuff and then just to see what happens, I placed another with Toque. I tried to keep the product cost under $20 Can on each order to avoid getting hit too hard with duty. Here goes: My MrSnuff order (Dec 27th, 2021): Bernard Weiß Blau 10g Poschl Lowenprise 10g Poschl Red Bull Strong 7g Ozona Snuffy Weiss 5g Update - shipped Dec 29th, 2021 Toque order (Jan 6th, 2022): OTTO Schmalzler 10G Tin Pöschl Ozona President Snuff 7g Toque Bourbon Bullet McChrystals Jip - Small Tin 4.5g McChrystals Mini tin 3.5g Old English McChrystals mini tin 3.5g Aztec 6 Photo Kailash 8g I’m especially interested in trying the Schmalzer. Anyone’s favourites listed here?

5 Likes

New Year = New Snuffs

Except for the M&W’s Keen obviously - I just have issues/obsessions with that! 

Hat-tip/Honourable mentions to: 

@Betty_BW for the Rosinski recommendations which have finally come back in stock: Yay! and to @Just_Browsing for the SNUV recommendations, I’m really not sure more rustica in my snuff  is wise, but hey-ho! :wink: :))

Has anyone tried these ‘Artisan Snuffs’ I brought them as I’m a sucker for any type of rappee - Is it a case of “a Toque in any other tin smells the same?” to paraphrase ShakeSnuffspeare??  :-?

Anyways it goes a little something like this: 

SNUV Nutty Joe

SNUV Rusty Trombone

Rosinski Nordish Grun

Rosinski Morgentau

Rosinski Ochsenkopf

Artisan Snuff Dark Rappee

Artisan Snuff Ficus Rappee

Artisan Snuff Robusta Rappee

DR. RUMNEY’S Brown

Mullins & Westley Keen Scented

7 Likes

@MiasmaticPractices NIce orders there, lots to get you started 

@MisterPaul One of my fave youtube reviewers, Simon from Simply Snuff, was sent some of the Toque Artisan range, the JP one, hes posting the review Sunday  at 5  

Im looking forward to it, its always good when new ranges hit the shelves, 

3 Likes

@Just_Browsing Yeah we know Simon; he used to post here many moons back, mind you Rodrick from Toque, and the infamous Uncle Squinty  used to post as well. I shall let you know my thoughts when they arrive tomorrow [hopefully!]. Very nice to see some new rappee’s; you can’t have too much moist course snuff IMAO as I’m sure you’d agree :wink:

I need to post a few reviews tbf - I still have the Princess Juana to give some thought’s on; I have been sitting with that over the festive period :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MisterPaul I know Squinty, he’s totally blind ( wife too ) , and i’m almost blind. I admire his ability to do things ( and his radio voice ) 

4 Likes

@Just_Browsing - A very funny man, I found his continuing on with his reviews “from the dark damp basement” very courageous and inspiring, you’re right too, that voice is super characterful. His posts here displayed a similar humour to those on his YouTube reviews, I do miss his posts here but I have caught the odd one of his reviews over the course of the last year - Long may he continue :-) 

2 Likes

Non stop working day today but I of course found time to snuff and this time enjoy 41 Photo Yellow Lilly Scented.

3 Likes

@Huysmans love Lilly, perfumed, unscented, and mint

3 Likes

@MisterPaul some of us commented about his “radio voice”, and he recently made a video telling great stories about when he actually had a broadcasting career 

2 Likes

My order from toque just came in, two ten gram tins of pfalzer donnersberg, two ten gram tins of otto shmalzer, ten grams of rosinski carlsbader, ten grams of Spanish gem, 200 grams of usa whiskey and honey, ten gram tin of bernard aecht altbayerischer, and ten grams of bernard kownoer. Oh and two plastic snuff boxes.

3 Likes

@Chapman - Nice! :wink: Lovely selection: Bernard Kownoer is a great snuff, not common but one of my favourites :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MisterPaul, it is a tasty one, the smell stays for a very long time as well. I will be ordering this one again for sure. Have you tried the donnersberg yet? It has a quite the kick to it, almost black it’s so dark, I love it

2 Likes

@Just_Browsing sorry I just realised I meant to have posted my last comment in What’s in my Nose! It’s been a long day…

3 Likes

Finally caved in and got this from Toque:

Tax Green 15g x 1

mcChrystals  Vintage Velvet 3.5g x 1

Rosinski Goldapper10g x 1

Gawith Original 10g x 1

Artisan Snuff Barleywine 10g x 1

Artisan Snuff JP 10g x 2

Artisan Snuff Ficus Rappee 15g x 1

F&T HDT Medium tin x 1

Bernard Amostrinha 10g x 1

Bernard Original Schmalzerfranzl 10g x 1

Toque Vanilla 10g x 1

Toque SP Wintergreen 10g x 1

Jaxons 1869 SP 20g x 1

Going to try and not make a purchase for a few months.

5 Likes

@BeerandSnuff “Going to try and not make a purchase for a few months.” 

The immortal words! :)) A tidy order though; share what your thoughts are on the old ‘Artisan Snuff’ offerings, I’d be interested to know :wink:

3 Likes

@MisterPaul, yeah, I always say that to myself and then, bang, I’m ordering another package, I must have enough snuff to keep me going for about 20 years now, even at a heavy usage, I’ll have to work out how my kilos I have.

3 Likes

Placed 14th of January Snuv iron goddess of mercy Wilson’s Best dark Kendal brown Grand Cairo Janta’s variety pack Rococo aluminum tap box

3 Likes