What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

@Huysmans, let me guess… you find it lacking in nicotine, right?

Well, I do. It’s not a bad snuff. A bit too runny, tho. And low in nicotine. Could contain a tad less salt and a tad more sodium carbonate. Just 1% less and 1% more, respectively. Another thing I’m not too fond of - GV is treated with paraben. Tiny, tiny amount, but it’s there.

Taking a pinch of my coarse homemade now.

5 Likes

Normally on the strong ones, taxi, ntsu, dragon, elephant etc this time of the evening, 

But having a few IPA beers, and Toque St Clements seems to be a perfect pairing. 

5 Likes

@Volunge yes it’s average nicotine but the flavour is very pleasant and snuffs easily. I was expecting something a lot more smokey and leathery and pleased by its lightness. Now I’m on the 6 Photo MG Madras. The new tin I have has a beautiful toasted buttery aroma. Previously I had a tub from the Assorted Box which was pleasant enough but had picked up some scents from the other snuff.

4 Likes

@Huysmans, I don’t think GV contains any fire cured tobacco. It’s not smoky to my nose at all. However, this can be easily fixed by small addition of either SWS Latakia Blend or some smoky American scotch, like W.E.Garrett plain, probably bringing it closer to perfection. Worth having both at hand for incorporating smokiness into other snuffs, when wanted. Their smokiness is different - Latakia is kind of chimney-sweet, Garrett is more BBQish. I prefer Garrett to Lat.

Alternatively, you can spice it up with a dash of pure Lat or (and) pure Perique, drying a pinch or a couple and reducing it to powder in a mortar:
https://mysmokingshop.co.uk/buy-pipe-tobacco/samuel-gawith-pipe-tobacco/samuel-gawith-pure-latakia
https://mysmokingshop.co.uk/buy-pipe-tobacco/samuel-gawith-pipe-tobacco/samuel-gawith-pure-louisiana-perique

5 Likes

@volunge - I used the above as blending tobacco for pipe mixtures - they are very good. I’ve never tried grinding for snuff though; so you’ve inspired something for me there! :wink:

Mixing it up today: Kicked it off with some M&W’s Keen Scented. Now on US Smokeless Tobacco Co.'s finest the Bruton Scotch of Nashville Tennessee! FM though, this kicks like a mule! As strong as Rooster for my money… :-?

8-}

5 Likes

Looking like it could be an ‘American Snuff Fiend in London’ today… Is it a full moon? :))

Continuing with American Snuff Co. Tuberose Scotch - A teeny bit on the ‘sweet’ side this one but love the scent of the tuberose. I’d kind of like to have a punt at growing some of these too. In other news I’m drifting into the vitamin N tunnel rather quickly :)) 

5 Likes

Still going: All out sweets following the delights of the Tuberose Scotch…

Some post-lunch pinches of Helme’s Railroad Mills Checkerberry for the wintergreen buzz 

5 Likes

Helme Wild Cherry Sweet Scotch now - This is really great for a sweet scotch, I like that the cherry scent is subtle and not too zany and artificial. 

6 Likes

Woke to Green Dragon, nice kickstart to the day,

Toque coltsfoot all morning, absolutely delicious, a new one for me

Nutty Ella after lunch, ahh desert 

Toque natural toast and lime toast this afternoon, 

Nutty Joe after dinner later

Then Toque St Clements with a few icy IPA beers while i watch Mrs Browsing getting messy on the red wine

6 Likes

Alpine V, NTSU Green.

6 Likes

Homemade X-mas pudding with vintage WE Garrett for a sweet back note.

7 Likes

2:1 mix of Otto shmalzler and Firedance, Wos rappee, Toque W&H, and HDT throughout the day in no order.

6 Likes

Equal parts Bernards Zweifacher, 41P White Elephant, SG KB Scented and London Brown.

5 Likes

Equal parts 41P White Elephant, F&T HDT and Toque Rustica. Strooooong! “Rusty Elephant on Toast”?

6 Likes

F + T Dr J R Justice 

8 Likes

Spear for breakfast, 

Snuv line during the morning

Toque chocolate after lunch

Babaton blue and Dholakia black this afternoon

Snuv Nutty joe after dinner later

Dragon madras tonight 

5 Likes

Equal parts Sg KB Scented, Bernards Zweifacher, Rosinski Klippenritt, Toque Spruce and 41P White Elephant. A nice seasonal mix as the temperature (here on the Isle of Skye at least) has dropped dramatically. Its starting to feel a lot like winter!

5 Likes

Toque Xmas Pudding

4 Likes

Some fresh homemade toast, straight from the oven.

3 Likes

Rosinski Nordwind. Seems apt with the current weather blowing through.

3 Likes