What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Red M to wake up, Dholakia black through the day, Chocolicious after lunch, Snuv line this afternoon, looking forward to nutty ella after dinner, then Dragon madras until bed. 

Delicious, all of em. 

6 Likes

A bit mix and match this afternoon, but largely SWS Aged Border Rappee :slight_smile:

6 Likes

6 Photo Special before noon, than I switched gears and am spending the rest of the afternoon with Toque USA W&H. What else?

6 Likes

Relaxing with some Tom Buck and mindless television to end the day.

6 Likes

Crumbs of comfort.

7 Likes

Toque USA Wiskey and Honey

9 Likes

SWS St. James Parish.

6 Likes

F&T’s Princes - This is turning into a bit of romance; but will it be a short term infatuation or a more lond term affair? ;)  

7 Likes

Back and forth between Otto CM and Toque coke at the moment.

6 Likes

Sir Walter Scott’s Aged Border Rappee…  8-}

4 Likes

SWS ABR chased with SG KB Scented and swiftly followed by 41P WE

4 Likes

Wilsons of Sharrow SP100

4 Likes

@Omgroma - Do you rate the KB Scented? Is it ‘lakeland’ cased like Grousemoor used to be or is it merely SP type scented, how does it compare with KB Original  - I’ve not tried the scented version… 

GH’s Cafe Regal pour moi… 

3 Likes

Been layering Gletscher and Lowens all day long.

@MisterPaul, I’m not familiar with “Lakeland” casing, but KB Scented (only had some from 2020 autumn batch) has a slight hint of citrus. I found its flavour less intense than that of KB Original.

4 Likes

@volunge - Thanks for your wisdom, GH/SG used to use what they call ‘Lakeland Essence’ to case some of their tobacco (mostly pipe) but some snuff too; the old Grousemoor snuff had that; kind of subtlety floral/outdoorsy smell but mild. Very interested to learn that the scented isn’t as strong as the original [How odd is that -?]. I have been really enjoying the KB Plain, I was hoping to add a string to the bow, but that sounds like it might be a dead-end for me :frowning:

Cheers anyways though - That was helpful :-) 

3 Likes

Fribourg & Treyer Patchouli

3 Likes

@MisterPaul, just for the record, it’s the same base as Plain.

I concur, it’s rather odd, but not unheard of, when it comes to SG. Believe it or not, the discontinued Red Crest with a title Scented was absolutely plain snuff.

2 Likes

WoS Kendal Brown

3 Likes

@MisterPaul Just compared a pinch of SG KB Special and SG KB Scented. The Scented is fresher (purchased only a few weeks ago). Surprisingly, I find that on the citrus scale, Scented sits between the Original and the Special, but sits closer to the Special. Neverthless, the Scented definitely gives me that ‘earthy’ underpinning that I love about the SG Kendal Browns. It has become my favourite of the SG KB range (though, of course, the Special is no longer available). I cannot remember what the SG KB Plain is like, so will have to dig out the whole range and compare properly. Apologies for my lack of articulation with regard to flavour nuances. My nose knows, but I am never very good at putting it into words! For my money, all the SG KB range is superlative and all have that deep earthy tobacco base which I can never describe in words but which interacts with the scent in an almost mesmerising way. I would buy the Scented in bulk if I did not already have at least two lifetimes supply of snuff filling a chest freezer in the shed.

6 Likes

Viking Thor’s hammer

7 Likes