What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

As ever, thanks for the info @MisterPaul. I was a huge fan of SG London Brown too :frowning:

@Vernstaken, Spanish Gem is a really good all day snuff. I slightly prefer the grind and nic of Toque’s Ambrosia, which is otherwise the same as Spanish Gem. 

4 Likes

Visiting Old Paris with F&T currently, I might have to pull out the Spanish Gem and reminisce later though! 

4 Likes

F&T Bureau. Still retains it’s chameleon like scent despite being 10+ years old. 

6 Likes

1:1 Toque Rustica (suitably prepared) and 41P White Elephant.

4 Likes

@Tapout @Nulliverse I didn’t fancy the sound of it and resisted for ages but got my first tin a little while ago and I love it. It’s a classic indeed!

4 Likes

Coarse siftings of Irish 22.

Only about 5% didn’t pass through 150 micron sieve. I like toasts and don’t find the grind too fine, but still much prefer this coarser fraction to powder - it’s more tobaccoy.

5 Likes

SG KB Scented, swiftly followed by Bernards Zweifacher.

3 Likes

A post shower, scrub and shave pinch of WoS Royal George to start the working day today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Toque Almond Toast - Alright… Not really a favourite though… 

2 Likes

M&W Black Rappee - the more I snuff this the more I appreciate its richness and the complexity of the base tobacco. Not one to leave and get stale.

5 Likes

@Huysmans - I’m really liking that one, it’s definitely my ‘go to’ Rappee currently, I completely agree with you about the complexity of it, much more multi-faceted than you would think - A lovely addition to my rotation, I think a further tin of this for my next order too :slight_smile:

Currently on my other favourite course snuff of the moment; some old M&W Cafe Royale 

5 Likes

I was going to join @Huysmans on the M&W’s Black Rappee, but a late swerve has landed me with the other tin SWS Aged Border Rappee 

4 Likes

Back on the Grand Cairo my first and forever favourite snuff.

4 Likes

J&H Wilson SP no.1. One of the snuffs that was commonly availiable when I started snuffing, always something I go back to, only really worth getting the 20g tins though, the smaller ones lose a lot of their flavour quickly.

5 Likes

@BeerandSnuff I was pleasantly surprised by SP No. 1. Easy to take and much nicer than some of the old reviews of this snuff had led me to imagine. I think Wilsons must have improved the quality but that’s just my surmise.

4 Likes

I always thought that J&H Wilson SP no.1. was a fair snuff as SP go. It was really just that, Top Mill if you were lucky, and Jip or Hedges for your ‘newsagents’ snuff selection back in the day… 

As I had the J&H Wilson SP no.1 (none too fresh either!) out the other day I’m going to push on with M&W’s Black Rappee ;) 

5 Likes

SG KB Scented. I am enjoying this immensely at the moment; a more than adequate substitute for the KB Special (which was one of my absolute staples).

7 Likes

Otto Glacier

6 Likes

A couple off before bed pinches of Rosinski’s Berliner Luff and off I go!  (:expressionless:

5 Likes

Back on the Princes Special to finish the day. My nose is starting to detect some of the subtleties and it’s really growing on me.

4 Likes