What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Its been USA W&H for me all day. Course I spend more time with that blend than all others combined. I know its time for another pinch when the blood vessels on my temples start to disappear. Brings them right back up.

8 Likes

WoS Royal George <:-P <:-P <:-P

6 Likes

Good to see Toque USA W&H still gets love. It’s an absolute classic. This morning it’s M&W Keen Scented for me, then McC O&G in my snuff box.

5 Likes

@Nulliverse - I don’t have the Viking Dark Rappee as yet; sadly missing from my collection! I have an old tin of the original Viking Dark, but I think that the rappee is different to that. 

So: A post shower pinch of F&T’s Dr J.R. Justice for me to kick things off. I’ve been making steady progress with the Cafe Royale since then :) 

5 Likes

@MisterPaul I think Viking Dark Rappee was just a rebranded SG black rappee. It was my favourite rappee. Similar to Viking Dark but with a coarser grind.

I’ve not had F&T’s Dr J.R. yet (another one for the list). Currently smashing on with the McC O&G which at this rate, will be finished this week :) 

3 Likes

@Nulliverse - Ah! I might save my money there then, I still have some of the SG Black Rappee left. This is all to do with the fact that SG stopped making their London Brown snuff which was my all time favourite. The black rappee is close, but not quite the same, M&W’s one seems to be the one that I’m picking up most like I said. 

FYI: Dr. J.R. Justice is just a 50/50 blend of Morlaix and Bordeaux, so if you have one of those you could just buy the other and jar it up yourself ;-) 

5 Likes

A new snuff for me today F&T Princes Special. I’m enjoying the grind on this. A little more of the floral than Princes itself and a lot less coarse making it easier to take especially during the day.

5 Likes

Toque Spanish Gem I am really loving this snuff could use it all day long.

5 Likes

Toque Spanish Gem,  a Gem indeed !    =D>

5 Likes

As ever, thanks for the info @MisterPaul. I was a huge fan of SG London Brown too :frowning:

@Vernstaken, Spanish Gem is a really good all day snuff. I slightly prefer the grind and nic of Toque’s Ambrosia, which is otherwise the same as Spanish Gem. 

4 Likes

Visiting Old Paris with F&T currently, I might have to pull out the Spanish Gem and reminisce later though! 

4 Likes

F&T Bureau. Still retains it’s chameleon like scent despite being 10+ years old. 

6 Likes

1:1 Toque Rustica (suitably prepared) and 41P White Elephant.

4 Likes

@Tapout @Nulliverse I didn’t fancy the sound of it and resisted for ages but got my first tin a little while ago and I love it. It’s a classic indeed!

4 Likes

Coarse siftings of Irish 22.

Only about 5% didn’t pass through 150 micron sieve. I like toasts and don’t find the grind too fine, but still much prefer this coarser fraction to powder - it’s more tobaccoy.

5 Likes

SG KB Scented, swiftly followed by Bernards Zweifacher.

3 Likes

A post shower, scrub and shave pinch of WoS Royal George to start the working day today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Toque Almond Toast - Alright… Not really a favourite though… 

2 Likes

M&W Black Rappee - the more I snuff this the more I appreciate its richness and the complexity of the base tobacco. Not one to leave and get stale.

5 Likes

@Huysmans - I’m really liking that one, it’s definitely my ‘go to’ Rappee currently, I completely agree with you about the complexity of it, much more multi-faceted than you would think - A lovely addition to my rotation, I think a further tin of this for my next order too :slight_smile:

Currently on my other favourite course snuff of the moment; some old M&W Cafe Royale 

5 Likes