What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

6 Photo 666 watching old horror flicks. 

8 Likes

McChrystal’s Smoker’s Blend

5 Likes

A post scrub, shower and shave pinch of F&T’s Kendal Brown to start the new working week. 

4 Likes

“A few waking up pinches of Mullins and Westley’s Keen Scented - it’s turning into a bit of a thing that!” from a few days ago @MisterPaul. Yep, it’s turned into a thing for me too. Feels like a fresh breeze that instantly blows the cobwebs of sleep away.

4 Likes

@Nulliverse - Love that  :x Really pleased that you’re liking it too :) 

It’s an odd one for sure: It seems to be the first pinch that I reach for most days currently and I’m loving it! Having said that I’m really enjoying all the Mullins & Westley offerings at the moment. Despite me really liking the SWS Aged Border Rappee, I’m finding that the M&W Black Rappee tin is emptying quicker…

Pinching away at the M&W Black Rappee now ;)

4 Likes

@MisterPaul Nice! I used to be obsessed with SWS Border Rappee so will no doubt love the M&W offering.

This said, I’m greedily eying up Rosinki’s Stargarderand and Pfalzer Jotunheimer.  I’ve not tried these and have always had a thing for honey / mead snuff. WoS Honey Menthol (now called Bee M?) used to be my favourite.

3 Likes

@Nulliverse - M&W Black Rappee isn’t as ‘flash’ as the SWS one obviously. But. grind/texture wise, moisture and good olde fashioned tobacco goodness win through; it’s super pinchable to be fair! 

Rosinski are potentially my new favourite manufacturer. If you’re liking the menthol vibe, then Berliner Luff is a definite recommendation for you. I’m rather captivated by their green tobacco snuffs (though they seem to be popular as they’re out of stock a lot) - I managed to bag some Klippenritt and that’s truly exceptional. Shouldn’t work for my typical tastes, but really delivers spectacularly, so unusual and unique.  

Anyways: Currently pinching F&T’s Old Paris, that half of the snuffbox has taken a bit of a pasting this afternoon! 

4 Likes

Honey Bee  :bz

6 Likes

Thanks for the info @MisterPaul. How does the M&W compare to Viking Dark Rappee? That was always my favourite. I’m going to put some Rosinski Berliner Luff in my next order! Actually, Old Paris is probably my favourite F&T… but right now I’m getting on WoS Best Dark. Great for the evenings.

4 Likes

It was off to the office today for the first time since March 2020 with a box of HDT in my pocket to keep me going. Now back home and enjoying Old Paris to relax away the rigours of the day. I’ll be joining in with the M&W Black Rappee a bit later as I was fortunately able to have enough time to pick up a tin from the Parlour on my way home. 

5 Likes

Bernard’s Klostermischung for most of the day then Toque USA Whiskey & Honey for the evening - definitely one of my absolute favourites. Hits the spot for nic hit and flavour.

7 Likes

Its been USA W&H for me all day. Course I spend more time with that blend than all others combined. I know its time for another pinch when the blood vessels on my temples start to disappear. Brings them right back up.

8 Likes

WoS Royal George <:-P <:-P <:-P

6 Likes

Good to see Toque USA W&H still gets love. It’s an absolute classic. This morning it’s M&W Keen Scented for me, then McC O&G in my snuff box.

5 Likes

@Nulliverse - I don’t have the Viking Dark Rappee as yet; sadly missing from my collection! I have an old tin of the original Viking Dark, but I think that the rappee is different to that. 

So: A post shower pinch of F&T’s Dr J.R. Justice for me to kick things off. I’ve been making steady progress with the Cafe Royale since then :) 

5 Likes

@MisterPaul I think Viking Dark Rappee was just a rebranded SG black rappee. It was my favourite rappee. Similar to Viking Dark but with a coarser grind.

I’ve not had F&T’s Dr J.R. yet (another one for the list). Currently smashing on with the McC O&G which at this rate, will be finished this week :) 

3 Likes

@Nulliverse - Ah! I might save my money there then, I still have some of the SG Black Rappee left. This is all to do with the fact that SG stopped making their London Brown snuff which was my all time favourite. The black rappee is close, but not quite the same, M&W’s one seems to be the one that I’m picking up most like I said. 

FYI: Dr. J.R. Justice is just a 50/50 blend of Morlaix and Bordeaux, so if you have one of those you could just buy the other and jar it up yourself ;-) 

5 Likes

A new snuff for me today F&T Princes Special. I’m enjoying the grind on this. A little more of the floral than Princes itself and a lot less coarse making it easier to take especially during the day.

5 Likes

Toque Spanish Gem I am really loving this snuff could use it all day long.

5 Likes

Toque Spanish Gem,  a Gem indeed !    =D>

5 Likes