What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

Genshin impact mobile

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 on PC.

Great plataformer in the vein of the old Castlevania but with a twist, very fun if you like 8bit NES plataformers, very well measured difficulty, various characters, retro graphics & music.

It is produced by Koji Igarashi that previously produced various Castlevania games for Konami so the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

LoZ Skyward Sword HD on the switch, motion controls arent nearly as smooth as on the Wii version. You have to reset the gyro constantly.

Work buddy talked me into starting an MMO, Guild Wars 2. (Free to play, came out in 2012) I didn’t think I had another ‘collect 10’ type of game in me, but I’m playing it through an IV drip lately.

Call of Duty Cold War.

2 Likes

@MrManGuy I can’t wait for vanguard, I’m a huge call of duty fan.

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. “You no mess with Low Wang”

1 Like

Metroid Dread

1 Like

@SHbikel it plays great on a 300 quid chromebook. Using Stadia (cyberpunk). 60fps max setting , NO lag as long as stadia controller used, 

Postal 2

Counter Strike 

1 Like

I’ve put a few dozen hours into Lord of the Rings Return to Moria. Very fun survival game, plays similar to Conan Exiles if anyone is familiar. I really like building my bases but it can be hard sometimes because it’s not like minecraft where you can build midair, everything has to be grounded or it will fall apart, and the system doesn’t always seem to be logical with how it grounds your objects.

Another game I play for fun is HyperBox, very gory indie shooter game, but if you’re someone like me that enjoys shooting physics it’s very fun.

I love playing older games, too. Been playing Counter Strike Condition Zero for fun, seeing if I can be all the maps with bots. Also trying out the Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition for the first time. I usually like playing Morrowind but after beating it like 4 times in a row a few months ago I got kind of burnt out.

2 Likes

I’ve just been back through Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring, because I hate myself.
I might revisit Fallout New Vegas next - although I keep meaning to get stuck in to some RPGs I’ve not played before: Divinity 2, Tales of Arise or Horizon Forbidden West.

@Clem Ah man, Souls games… I always get the itch to start one, then I end up getting frustrated and putting them away until the itch returns. The only one I ever made progress with was Dark Souls, never could get deep into the others for some reason.

Elden Ring is perhaps the most accessible - tried and tested Souls formula but it doesn’t lock you in to quite the repetitive grind of its predecessors - arguably closer to Skyrim than Dark Souls.
Dark Souls 3 is perhaps the most accessible of the actual Souls games for similar reasons (though still quite linear).
Furthering the anxiety thread, playing the Souls games helped me gain a lot of patience lol

3 Likes

Being playing The Finals, must admit it’s being the most fun I’ve had in a multiplayer game in a very long time!

1 Like

I just beat Windwaker again, possibly might play Twilight Princess next. Not too sure what I’m going to start on next.

3 Likes

Just beat Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora on PS5. Its a broken piece of crap, cut scenes in missions dont start half the time and you have to reset the game to get it working and do the mission again and hope the cut scene starts up at the end. I have wasted so much time running around wondering what I’m supposed to do next when I have already done everything and the damn cut scene didnt start up like it was supposed to. I still have 3 side missions I cant complete because the broken game wont let me.

1 Like

I’ve bought Skyrim again for probably the 7th time…

I was modding it on PC, but kept running into issues, so I gave up and bought it on my PS5 since it was on sale and the Creation Club has lots of mods now.

I’m satisfied with it so far. The main draw is the performance on the PS5; buttery smooth, even in areas like Riften which are notoriously low FPS and crash-heavy.

The creation club mods are fun as well, I never liked heavily modding my games, just some survival mods and maybe a couple houses or armor replacers, and the Creation Club has all that. I got the Tundra Homestead outside Whiterun which is a very cool and cozy home. And of course I’m playing on Survival Mode which is how the game should have originally released!

2 Likes

I beat Cyberpunk 2077 last night. Took about 16 hours from start to finish, I didn’t do a ton of side quests.

I would rate the game as solidly good. It’s not amazing, it’s certainly not bad, just a good game to play. The world is done very well and feels very dystopian. The gunplay is fun (especially if you blast people with a double barrel shotgun like I did) and there is enough variety of dialogue options to give you very different playthroughs which helps with replayability.

I’m going to do another playthrough of the game but play very differently to see how different it feels.

1 Like