What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Lime Toast, I will need to restock up on this soon.

6 Likes

Feeling a little off this afternoon, relaxing at home with some Mullins & Westley Mature Crumbled whilst watching some videos from @Uncle_Squinty on YouTube glad to see that crazy cat is still going! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Santo Domingo all morning, loving this right now. Funny how body chemistry changes appreciation of aromas.

8 Likes

Still Mature Crumbled - This is hitting the spot lovely this evening :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A post shower and shave pinch of F&T’s Bureau to start the week today. Bureau gets a bit of a bum rap from a lot of snuff takers unduly as the ‘Crazy George’ of the F&T line. I shall swim against that current and say that it’s a delightful if eclectic floral treat :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sir Walter Scott’s Thrice Brewed 

4 Likes

@SHbickel I’m really curious to try this (it’s in the post) I have a cold but am enjoying McChrystal’s O&G. This stuff never loses its magic.

6 Likes

@Nulliverse - Agree with you, amen to that, it’s an evergreen for sure. McCrystals O&G, Hedges L260 and M&W Keen Scented are my holy trinity of medicated numbers… I think that M&W Keen Scented might be holding the top of the tree for me currently.

On to another new favourite for me with Rosinski’s Berliner Luff, loving this, it could be a very serious contender for part of the above shamrock too…  

5 Likes

@MisterPaul - Thank you brining my attention to M&W Keen Scented. I haven’t tried this yet and have just added it to my basket. Looking forward to trying it! I’ve been a big fan of Hedges L260 for a long time. 

Rosinki’s Berliner Luff has piqued my interest, too! 
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

A stout pinch of Santo Domingo paired with dong fang hao “east is red” oolong that is superb. Have a great day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Nulliverse - Yeah M&W Keen Scented is such a great tobacco flour base that’s more prominent in the scent profile than say my old favourite Hedges. I don’t think that there’s any camphor in that mix, but like all the historical G. Smith & Sons recipes that they purchased when Smith’s sadly closed their doors, it’s a superb medium to medium fine grind snuff. 

Rosinski’s Berliner is an odd one for me, I have had that sitting in the fridge for about 7 years but was inspired to revisit it by @Betty_BW, similar themes scent wise, a good amount of menthol to open you up and then a really rather sophisticated, but courser tobacco grind that’s got a lovely and somewhat unusual aroma - Well worth a punt if you like menthol, as this [for me YMMV!] has zero rebound. I’ve re-ordered this without finishing the last tube, which is an usually high recommendation from me  ;) 
:-bd

5 Likes

@StudiodecolBleu - Can’t fault you on either of those choices my friend :wink: I don’t know that Oolong blend, but I do love those peachy notes that you get from a good oolong 

Some pinches of SWS Aged Border Rapee to get my afternoon moving along nicely :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Packard’s Club

2 Likes

Snuff Store Cafe Noire. Pretty much the same as Smith’s Cafe Royale as far as my nose remembers. Takes me back to student days! I had a few pinches of SG Black Arabica to compare, but they are completely different snuffs (well … not completely … but not the same for sure!)

3 Likes

Equal parts Toque Rustica (suitably prepared) and 41P White Elephant (‘Rusty Elephant’ as more than one of us have called it). Pretty much a nicotine bomb!

3 Likes

Thanks for the descriptions @MisterPaul. I’ll share my thoughts on these when they arrive.

@Omgroma - that sounds like a serious nic hit lol. I remember years ago, I used to mix Toque Rustica with USA W&H 50:50 for double rustica goodness. 

2 Likes

Equal parts Toque Rustica (suitably prepared) and 6P Cheeta. Pretty good combo!

4 Likes

You peeps have made me crave some sun dried rustica, so some vintage No. 1 batch 41 Photo White Elephant for me. Blow me though, the nic hounds will be chasing me!

5 Likes

When one snuff is’nt enough.

Today’s medicated medley rotation - 6P No.66, Jip, O&G. 

Bit of Morgentau and Riviera for floral  components.

7 Likes

Wilsons SP 100 with a cup of fine Italian roast

7 Likes