What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

@Huysmans where in the world are you? Drop me a PM If it’s practicable I’ll lend you some sugar :wink: A few post dinner pinches of SWS Aged Border Rapee - This is getting better as time passes I think…

5 Likes

@MisterPaul That is a very kind offer indeed. I’ll work out how to send a PM on here and send you one. F&T Old Paris. Pure satisfaction.

6 Likes

Viking Thors Hammer

6 Likes

A small break from floral menthol - today it’s Toque Pumpkin Pie in honour of the nights starting to draw in. @MrPaul. I do have a small tin of McC’s Violet as it goes. I like it a lot as I don’t find it too sweet.

7 Likes

Toque Spruce, SWS ABR, 41P WE in equal measures.

4 Likes

@Omgrona - I like that you can’t seem to resist a ‘Frankensnuff’ - The funny thing for me is that I can see the method in your magner’s!

@Puffnsnuff has inspired me to dig towards the back of the smoking cabinet for the McChrystal’s Violet. Agree, this one isn’t cloying is it? The weird thing about McChrystal’s though; when they’re fresh I find the menthol quiet punchy, but it really seems to drop once the tin has been open for a time (I even taped this one up too), I can actually smell the tobacco base flour rather nicely contrasting with the faint floral overtones. I don’t think that you ever loose that menthol edge from a can of hedges though…  

I might stay floral today for a bit of change :)   

4 Likes

Yep floral - A few pinches of some vintage Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club  

5 Likes

SWS ABR chased with SG Kendal Brown Special and then White Elephant. @MisterPaul I find that this layering is quite magical, but if I mix them all together in a Frankensnuff before pinching … good, but not so magical.

5 Likes

Gawith Hoggarth Fleurette - Leader of the pack so far this one; very pinchable. Notwithstanding that though I do have my old favourite wallflower to go still (will it me as nice as my rose tinted glasses recall?) 

5 Likes

@omgroma - Ah, I see, layering rather than blending - Interesting; thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Carrying on with the floral odyssey du jour with what I’m led to believe is a carbon copy of the late great G. Smith’s Golden Cardinal Snuff - A few pinches of Gawith Hoggarth Ambasidor 

5 Likes

M&W Mature Crumbled and 6 Photo Green Dragon have been keeping me quietly content this morning.

6 Likes

The final one of the florals then for todays binge - GH Wallflower, still great, there’s a pleasant ‘earthy’ tone in the mid with this one that I really like - Suspect that I will join @Huysmans with some M&W Mature Crumbled as I have a brand new tin of that, which was delivered the other day :smiley:

5 Likes

Yep! Some pinches of M&W Mature Crumbled. I guess that you could say that this is ‘just’ an SP. But, it’s such a darn fine one :wink: A delightful bit of nose candy to be sure :smiley:

6 Likes

SP Extra

7 Likes

That’s me ordering some Matured Crumbled then. I’m so fickle. Today, it’s back to my Frankensnuff. Jockey Club & Toque Menthol 50/50 with a dash of McC’s Violet (again, I’m fickle) but then two snuff spoons of Toque Rustica and Two FUBAR SNAFU plain. I call it “Bouquet Of Barbed Wire” Others may call it an abomination.

5 Likes

@Puffnsnuff lol! I had not heard the term Frankensnuff until @MisterPaul said it! Currently I have 1:1 White Elephant, SG Kendal Brown Original and Bernard Zweifacher. Many times when I cite a mix including some of the more artisan snuffs, I think it will be considered an abomination. But then, once one gets to know a snuff well, one can discern it in a mix and observe its alchemy.

5 Likes

@Puffnsnuff -  “Bouquet Of Barbed Wire” that made me laugh out loud! :)) =))

5 Likes

Well it’s been a challenging week, I’ve mixed myself a vesper martini and am going to chill out and watch a film.this evening with a few pinches of SWS Field of Junipers :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@MisterPaul I don’t know how you and others find Mature Crumbled but, especially now I have this tin open a good few weeks now, it has a sweet brown sugar aroma to it. Like a sugar topped fruit cake. Back to my old favourite this evening Grand Cairo.

5 Likes

Alternating between Viking Blonde and Thor’s Hammer all day. Now loading my boxcar with some Dragon Madras for a nightcap.

7 Likes