What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Berwick Brown

7 Likes

Mulled magic with a healthy dose of rustica to hit the spot.

4 Likes

F & T Patchouli

6 Likes

Hedges - It is ‘The Snuff’ after all :wink: :smiley:

5 Likes

@Huysmans - Apologies, I missed that question. Yes, @tobaccobob makes a fair comment to be fair, the F&T one is a fairly fancy take on what I believe that the Gawith family call ‘Lakeland Essence’ [if I’m recalling correctly?]. The F&T one is kind of out there on it’s own, it’s not really like the scented Kendal Brown variety either. It’s nice enough, but then, as they seem to have discontinued it, I guess it wasn’t among their more popular offerings.  

5 Likes

Sir Walter Scott’s Thrice Brewed - Lovely scent to the casing, and the coarseness is seeing off the residual Hedges very nicely!  

2 Likes

@MisterPaul I am sadly too late to the party to have been able to enjoy those older offerings from F&T! @tobaccobob Thank you for that! Mullins & Westley Keen Scented - hopefully heading off a head cold.

5 Likes

Toast & Marmalade

3 Likes

@Huysmans where in the world are you? Drop me a PM If it’s practicable I’ll lend you some sugar :wink: A few post dinner pinches of SWS Aged Border Rapee - This is getting better as time passes I think…

5 Likes

@MisterPaul That is a very kind offer indeed. I’ll work out how to send a PM on here and send you one. F&T Old Paris. Pure satisfaction.

6 Likes

Viking Thors Hammer

6 Likes

A small break from floral menthol - today it’s Toque Pumpkin Pie in honour of the nights starting to draw in. @MrPaul. I do have a small tin of McC’s Violet as it goes. I like it a lot as I don’t find it too sweet.

7 Likes

Toque Spruce, SWS ABR, 41P WE in equal measures.

4 Likes

@Omgrona - I like that you can’t seem to resist a ‘Frankensnuff’ - The funny thing for me is that I can see the method in your magner’s!

@Puffnsnuff has inspired me to dig towards the back of the smoking cabinet for the McChrystal’s Violet. Agree, this one isn’t cloying is it? The weird thing about McChrystal’s though; when they’re fresh I find the menthol quiet punchy, but it really seems to drop once the tin has been open for a time (I even taped this one up too), I can actually smell the tobacco base flour rather nicely contrasting with the faint floral overtones. I don’t think that you ever loose that menthol edge from a can of hedges though…  

I might stay floral today for a bit of change :)   

4 Likes

Yep floral - A few pinches of some vintage Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club  

5 Likes

SWS ABR chased with SG Kendal Brown Special and then White Elephant. @MisterPaul I find that this layering is quite magical, but if I mix them all together in a Frankensnuff before pinching … good, but not so magical.

5 Likes

Gawith Hoggarth Fleurette - Leader of the pack so far this one; very pinchable. Notwithstanding that though I do have my old favourite wallflower to go still (will it me as nice as my rose tinted glasses recall?) 

5 Likes

@omgroma - Ah, I see, layering rather than blending - Interesting; thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Carrying on with the floral odyssey du jour with what I’m led to believe is a carbon copy of the late great G. Smith’s Golden Cardinal Snuff - A few pinches of Gawith Hoggarth Ambasidor 

5 Likes

M&W Mature Crumbled and 6 Photo Green Dragon have been keeping me quietly content this morning.

6 Likes

The final one of the florals then for todays binge - GH Wallflower, still great, there’s a pleasant ‘earthy’ tone in the mid with this one that I really like - Suspect that I will join @Huysmans with some M&W Mature Crumbled as I have a brand new tin of that, which was delivered the other day :smiley:

5 Likes