What's a strange scent profile but you still like it?

@volunge interesting, I havent yet tried either of those, but I get the same slightly sickening feeling with Elmo’s Reserve. Initially it reminds me of a burning tennis ball, and then my nose sort of changes and I’m able to snuff it all day!

4 Likes

Some of my favorite SPs smell of… boogers…  In a good way.  (Tom Buck, Toque Original)

3 Likes

@SHbickel…are you sure it’s not working the other way around!!!

4 Likes

I didn’t like Patchouli at first but the scent grew on me.  Not an all day, everyday time snuff but very nice for when I want something a little different.

4 Likes

@RobEdgar I know, right?! It’s weird. Sort of musty, sweet, earthy, with the faintest hint of chlorine. Almost like sometimes a pool can smell like boogers.  (Or am I just crazy? ) :))

3 Likes

@Deez - for some reason whenever I’ve had it, my wife can smell it from across the room and tells me it smells like mould!

@SHbickel - I honestly can’t say I’ve detected anything like that in Tom Buck or Original, but that’s why I asked the question really - it’s amazing the differences between people when smelling the same exact thing! Fascinating

4 Likes

jockey club… it’s grown on me, every time i use it wife just looks at me with that look and says ‘snuffing soap again?’

3 Likes

@expers yes! First time I had it, it just smelled almost geriatric, pur it down for a while and returned to it later when I was out of everything else, don’t know what’s happened to my nose in the meantime but I absolutely love it now!

2 Likes

SG Elmo’s Reserve. I’m familiar with their tonquin-topped pipe tobacco (1792 Flake), but it’s a whole new world with the snuff. It’s very barnyardy and manure-y, but with that vanilla/cinnamon/almond/cherry thing. Smells like plastic and heaven at the same time.

5 Likes

@pantsBoots Ive only had two from SG: Elmo’s Reserve and Black Arabica, but I find that that once you break the seal, after a couple of days, the aromas come together a bit more! Plastic and heaven made me chuckle!

4 Likes

@RobEdgar - the tonquin note threw me as I thought I was familiar with it, but it is its own animal when used for snuff

5 Likes

Elmo’s always has had an off-putting tin note to me, each and every time I open the mason jar up, and yet it ALWAYS becomes magic in my nose.

2 Likes

F&T Seville, smells like old woman perfume but strangely enjoyable on warmer days.

2 Likes

I like a little civet in a snuff. That ammonia / cat piss flavour adds something. Fribourg & Treyer’s “Prince” & “Prince Special” have nice helpings of it.

3 Likes

I really enjoy cheese and bacon. Smells funky and sweaty but also like an old worn leather boot and more so with age. Not super strong but the scent sure stinks mighty GOOOD!

4 Likes

Got a tin of Cheese and Bacon when I was going through the Toque flavors years ago. It is…different. I believe I did finish the tin, but not one I’ll ever re-order.

As to odd scents, I just love the muted barnyard undertones of Viking Dark.

3 Likes

WoS Royal George, I would describe the scent as cinnamon and baby powder… but I like it

3 Likes

Welcome to Snuffhouse! Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

41 Photo White Elephant.

It smells like armpits. But like…shaved, slightly sweaty women’s armpits… So not too awful.

3 Likes

That, @clsmoothie, is hilarious! WE is one of my all time favorites, though Janta’s White Horse has been standing in for it while Mr. Snuff continues to be out of WE.

2 Likes