My crumbs of comfort

@Sir_Rodney_Ffing pretty similar to my journey.  Cigs ==> cigarillos ==> Ecig ===> lozenges ===> snuff

I only wish I could figure out how much nicotine I was getting from the snuff, that was one advantage with lozenges, I could better track my intake levels as it was standardized.  

What I did notice is that single nostril snuff is just the right amount, two makes my head spin (these days), and I get the itch about every 2 hours on average.  Each snuff is about 0.06mg.  Through the day I am never lower than 9 snuffs and never higher than 11.  So around 0.54grams to 0.66 grams per day.  One cigarette has 1 gram of tobacco, but out of 9mg of nicotine most is burnt or gone up in smoke, leaving the smoker only making use of around 1.5mg.  However I’ve seen some quote numbers of > 30mg per gram of snuff, which I can’t account for, since these weren’t referencing rusticas and I’d guess the nic content would be similar to cigs.  I know this is completely off topic but I’m on a tangent here, would be great if this reaches the right person with more info on this.  Based on that 30mg per gram number that would mean I’m smoking the nicotine equivalent of 10 cigarettes but that seems hard to believe, it definitely doesn’t feel like my blood nicotine levels are that high.

1 Like