Medicated 6 photo

Anyone tried them? Good?  What in them? Auyervedic herbs with ccold relieveng properties? Anyone notice any positive effects?

I can tell you that the #6 is quite different from the #66 and the #666. The #6 has an interesting scent, like some mellow root herbs etc. The other 2 have a strong menthol presence, I personally would suggest trying the first two. The #666 has quite a lot of menthol. If you know that you like the Wilsons of Sharrow SM type snuffs, then you might like the #666. Too much menthol for me, normally. The #66 and the #666 do have some interesting herbal aromatic properties, though. At least none of them are very expensive. I would also suggest their Motia.

4 Likes

Generally, medicated snuffs contain menthol and eucalyptus oil or/and camphor. These are key compounds, the rest is up to manufacturer’s fantasy. It can be lavender, sage, thyme, licorice etc. I tried Med. No.6 and didn’t liked the flavour. Good menthol and nicotine, nice texture, but something else was there which I didn’t happen to be fond of, some spice probably, not sure. Also, I got a weird aftertaste, resembling that of mineral oil. I suspect I got not the freshest tin (30 g), and for the worst part, there was a piece of rubber gasket from the lid in the snuff, which might have spoiled the flavour. Will revisit it someday and give it a second chance, maybe. Curious to try the rest two of 6P meds.

According to Ayurveda, tobacco is incompatible with good health. However, if your ojas is through the roof, tobacco probably could be used as a suppressant, but it’s only a speculation of mine. Personally, I don’t find snuff or any other commercially manufactured tobacco  p r o d u c t  healing anything.

2 Likes

@Volunge what about the all herb snuff Pansari at snuffstore? 

1 Like

Just so I make myself clear. The #6 is very different from the #66 and #666. The #66 and #666 are very similar, except that the #666 has more menthol. Both of those two have strong medicated characters, but seem to have some cool, herbal, flavors that one would not find in a British medicated. They do seem to have an abundance of nicotine, but seem to sneak up on me. ,

2 Likes

@dasr, I’m not familiar with Pansari. If it’s non-tobacco, nicotine-free herbal, probably might qualify as “ayurvedic”. Same goes for any other herbal snuff. But don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

@volunge - I am somehow loving the medicated No. 6. Perhaps you’re right about your observations about why the scent may have changed. Interesting observation about ojas and tobacco. I am trying to learn about ojas these days since there is nothing better to do :slight_smile:

I hope you give this one a try some day again, buddy. Wish I could share with you this large tub of Medicated No. 6 I just procured Have a nice day!

3 Likes

I would think of tobacco as more of a tejas thing, mental, psychic stimulation. Maybe I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Indeed, I need to give No. 6 a second try and hopefully will do it someday. 5 or 4 years ago Six Photo 30 g tins came without a tape seal, but the inner side of the lid had a rubber gasket (O-ring). Like I mentioned before, my No.6 tin came with the gasket partly-peeled off and large part of it burried in snuff, and I suspect it impaired the flavour. Menthol level was nice.

Interestingly, my first 30 g tin of LA Natural was very different from the one I know today. I’m referring to the snuff itself. The one which came in 30 g tin (along with No. 6) was dry and powdery, much brighter in colour, and tasted somewhat different. A lot of time had passed, and I cannot tell anything about the smell/taste bar it was slightly more sour, maybe. I’m not sure if it was meant to be like that back then, or I just got old, completely dried-out tin, but I liked it. Moisture level of fresh LAN took me by surprise later on.

2 Likes

I think the LA Natural is a bit of a hidden gem. At least I don t hear it mentioned very often.

2 Likes

@Mr_O - but I am sure there are users who are fans of it and buy it regularly for their rotation. I am one such fan of the LA natural. I use it also as a mixer or for scenting experiments. 

1 Like

Yeah, I would figure so. Just relatively speaking, I do not hear it mentioned very often. I still have most of a big old tin here.

2 Likes