clickbait title

I wonder if any snuff manufacturer is going to make a delta 8 product. I have no idea what the legality of it is outside the USA though.

It is legal in the US, but this may be a temporary loophole. Basically, Delta 8 is synthetically derived, and the DEA has already proposed a new rule placing it under Schedule 1 status, meaning if the new rule goes through, it will be as illegal as any other Schedule 1 substance. It is a wildly unregulated moment in time for this product, and you may remember when that was the case for the synthetic cannabinoids that were popular 15-20 years ago. They are now all illegal.

2 Likes

I have to wonder if it would work anyways. People have tried to snuff ground up regular flower through the years, and I have never heard of it actually working. Maybe there is a way to make to make it absorb, though.

1 Like

Personally, I’m even not interested in trying CBD snuff. I would simply eat or vape the stuff, if only felt an urge.   

2 Likes

I have made snuff from ground up flower to mix with plain snuffs, you get absolutely zero effect from using it, its only for the scent.

3 Likes

I’m actually very curious as to the pharmacokinetics at play in CBD snuff, as to whether any appreciable amounts of cannabinoids are crossing into the bloodstream via snuff. I have heard tell of a THC powder available now, but would suspect it would need to be combined with something to get it to get through the mucous membranes. I know alcohol can facilitate that, but that doesn’t seem practical for snuff.

2 Likes

Maybe if the flower is decarbed first and then grinded up and mixed/ greased with some butter  like old schmalzlers?

I ve read that fat helps THC release for edibles. 

Like if you want to make a THC tea you will have to mix a little butter in the tea for you to feel the effects.

Maybe if you pack such a snuff in your nose for 10 minutes you will start having effects after half hour like edible high and not instantly. And if you snort and swallow huge backdrip you will feel the effects but after some time not instantly.

or you can grease some tobacco snuff with THC cannabutter? i dont know 

Never tried it but i want to give it a go one day. 

3 Likes

@ALLex, that’s a sound assumption, fat. If you are allowed to experiment, green schmalzler would be super easy to make (ground flowers + 18% ghee). However, I would expect anything but a rapid onset; most probably, as you said, the effects would be from swallowing the backdrip.

When it comes to edibles, even chewing a bud with a pea-size piece of butter works. Most foolproof recipe is simmering a handful of flowers (or leaves of potent strain, either fresh or dried) in 1 l unskimmed milk (3.2-4.8% fat) for 30 minutes, keeping an eye on it and giving occasional stir. Filter through the mesh strainer and add honey. Just a heads-up, when decent stuff is used, such amount serves quite a few; reasonable dosage estimation is a must; too much might be very unpleasant).

1 Like

@volunge   Decarbed weed with some butter in a teabag for thc snus! :-O

The green schmalzler  sounds like a good idea but to be honest whenever i have some trees i prefer to roll them in a spliff and  smoke while having pinches of mcCrystals O&G . :))

These days sadly i dont have the time and the greens to make the ‘‘green schmalzler’’.

If anyone will try to make it, please post the results!

3 Likes

Flowers and fats are great for edibles, but I’m not sure fats can cross the mucous membranes to enter the bloodstream. I know those making CBD snuff are probably not going to give up their trade secrets, so I’ll ask a couple folks who might know.

2 Likes