Your latest snuff order

@Wild_Alaska welcome aboard!

Don’t bin that WoS 22,wait a little time and give it a second chance.

I’m sure it’s gonna be one of your favourites in the future…

6 Likes

Mm, good call, tobaccobob.  No 22 is damn fine toast.

6 Likes

@tobaccobob. I’ll keep that in mind. In the span of 3 days I went from hating SP extra and Sicilian burst to absolutely loving them. Haven’t gone back to the Wilson’s yet but you may be right. I like the flavor, just haven’t gotten my technique down for not getting the fine powder in my brain and lungs…

5 Likes

Otto Schmalzler arrived and its a beautiful schmalzler, very moist with a long lasting very nice fruity plum scent !

5 Likes

Third order arrived. F&T is another level. Seville. Do yourselves a favor and 50/50 it with SP Extra. Man o man. Viking Dark is a ditch digger. Seville is a golden god.

4 Likes

Toque Whiskey and Honey USA 50g has arrived and I am a happy man tonight.

7 Likes

Not ordered anything for two years until i realised my indian snuff was low. So i ordered plenty of Dholakia and the only one i’ve opened is smokers blend. I have also bought McCrystals 200g tubs of Wee Dram, fine keg, Sicilian burst, Aztec, all of which are great. Too good to use during the day. I use a plain white until evening.

8 Likes

Just ordered from artisan snuff again because my schmalzler was empty after a few days. Damn good stuff. I ordered a 200g bag now and a 25g tin toque coke and a 10g tin Otto red rag.

6 Likes

Discovered Artisan snuff and will be trying Toque for the first time. Ordered various but not any floral as i don’t think i will like them. Spent over £50 but will last me yonks.

4 Likes

Made the mistake of trying Super Kailash. Knee jerked a carefully curated cart as follows: 6P Kailash 200g 6P Super 200g 6P Cheeta 185g 6P MG Madras 100g 6P Begum Green 30g 41P White Elephant 70g 41P Yellow Lilly 20g Red Label Black 80g Punjabi 80g Dholakia Black 50g Dholakia Taj 50g Tears of Chios 15g Seville tap tin (for the style) I don’t regret pulling this trigger.

5 Likes

@Wild_Alaska  You missed Krishan Sudama!  :D
(For fear you will believe my joke and rush out to buy some, I must explain: Krishan Sudama seems to be widely disliked in the west for smelling like various and sundry bodily functions.)

3 Likes

50g Toque USA W&H 25g each of Ambrosia Berwick Brown Original Natural Natural Toast Quit Whiskey & Honey Lime Toast SP Extra Almond Toast Bourbon Champagne

7 Likes

Not as big a Toque order as me 21x25g quite looking forward to the whisky and honey. I have just finished Mcrystals Wee Dram. So i got 200g

4 Likes

What I really wanna know is how many grams a year do you folks go through… @germallet do you mix up the variety or go through a tin before starting the next?

3 Likes

Since I started in 2015 I’d guess I use on average 1000g a year. My usage waxes and wanes. At my peak usage I’m probably still only snuffing 5g a day. But then there are some days I only pinch once or twice.

I definitely favor variety over consistency. I have 22 distinct snuffs in eyesight right this second.  :)>-   But again, sometimes I favor one snuff for a week or two straight.  (Toque Quit, SP Extra, McC S’Nuff, WoS Tom Buck, F&T HDT have all have their extended solo runs.)

3 Likes

@Wild_Alaska I am always certain it might be better to go through one tin at a time but then my impatience comes through. I want to try the new Snuffs all at once and probably overdose on nicotine.

6 Likes

I think i get through 10g a day as i use plenty of it not a pinch. I mainly use 6 Photo Cheeta as its a plain white most of the day and use the flavours in the evening with a drink or two of Cider before i retire to bed.

6 Likes

@Wild_Alaska, about 600 g a year (50 g a month), but I also use snus and - rather occasionally - some stronger oral tobacco (chemma, naswar). Homemade snuff makes a good part of my tobacco menu. My aim is to switch to homemade for the most part (ideally - using homegrown leaf), which is not too challenging for a plain snuff aficionado. I cannot buy any smokeless tobacco locally and in 25 years I have tried pretty much everything I was interested in. I’m fed up with all the shipping delays and postage costs, and am absolutely content with the quality of my own stuff.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not looking down on industrial snuff and enjoy some flavoured things - honestly, I have quite a few favourites which I will be revisiting once in a while. Since flavoured snuffs make really small part of my menu and I don’t use them daily, I won’t even bother attempting to replicate the flavour profile of, say, Jock’s Choice, Gold Label or Jockey Club. And all said, I’m yet to give Royal George and some plain Bernard snuffs a whirl someday! Placing a small order at Rosinski’s is in the pipeline, too.

6 Likes

I’m so stoked about Toque carrying all those different snuffs now! I’ve tried several brands over the years and for the past 3 years have pretty much only gotten Toque, I don’t work for the company lol I just really like their snuff, the variety is awesome. Now they sell other company’s snuffs as well, I just ordered, all from Toque, 10g Wilson’s of Sharrow black rapee, 25g Samuel Gawith Elmo’s Reserve, a few small tins of McCrystals O&G, 10g Gawith Original, 10g Otto Red Rag, 4 25g tins Toque Ambrosia, 10g Poschl Gletscherprise, 6 10g tins Otto Schmalzler, and finally 10g Otto Chancellor. I usually stick to Toque USA whiskey and honey, or Ambrosia for daily use, once in a while though I like a good variety. Most of my order is made up of snuffs I’ve never tried, so looking forward to trying them all.

5 Likes

@BobFrapples I’m real interested in black rappee. I grew up in KY and those tobacco barns have a rent free spot in my memories…

2 Likes