What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Neffa Ifrikia

7 Likes

Toque natural snuff

6 Likes

Grand Cairo

6 Likes

@volunge Im a bit sceptical about the last part engaging my tongue, but will give my nose a try just now :smiley: Bernards Magic Moments with some rustica from my open hand.

6 Likes

Dholakia Madras Toast

It doesn’t always hit the spot, but it just did and it’s really nice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gletscherprise

6 Likes

Bayern Prise

5 Likes

Toque Natural best snuff ever (this and Quit)

great tobacco aroma, grind and nicotine 

simplicity is genius 

9 Likes

@ALLex, it’s truly good, but have you tried WoS Natural aka Plain? I find it even better.

Indeed, plain/natural is one of the easiest snuff to make. And one of the fastest. To make something similar, you blend air cured Burley and Virginia (1:1), or any of them, if you don’t have them both, grind it down to 125-90 microns, add finely ground 5% sodium carbonate and 2.5% sodium bicarbonate - both dry, and mix in 16-18% water. Pure lamina, finer grind and lower moisture (15-16%) gives extra strong; if you prefer solid medium potency, use both lamina and midrib (whole leave). Sun cured and flue cured fit the bill here, too.

Plain/natural is one of the easiest snuff to make. Such snuff can be used as a base snuff for metholated and flavoured snuff.

For solid medium potency, 5% sodium bicarbonate and 2.5% sodium carbonate can be used (16-18% moisture).

8 Likes

Poschl Red Bull. Never tried it before but it is quite pleasant and good for clearing the nose.

10 Likes

@volunge Thanks for that recipe! i will make some one day! so much useful knowledge and i appriciate so much the fact that you are sharing it!

@volunge I think you should seriously consider writing a book of snuff recipies and snuff infos.

Or a pdf e-book and upload it on amazon.

As for wos plain yes its very good i have one 10g tin of it.

Comparing Wos plain side by side with Toque plain (natural or quit) I have to say i find Toque to be better with a tad more proper tobacco aroma.

They are very very similar in general in fact i can mix them both together in a jar and i will be all good, but personally i find Toque better in quality at least for my taste!

These days i snuff only Toque natural and mcCrystals O&G and they are more than enought to fulfil my everyday snuff appetite.

I am waiting for a Babaton order though and i am looking forward to switch to this coarse plain african snuff! I enjoy Ntsu Black very much so i think i am gonna like Babaton, especially snuffing it with the palm method.

6 Likes

McCrystals O&G

8 Likes

Viking Thors Hammer (70 %) mixed with Poschl Radford (30 %)

not that bad mixture, somehow biscuity with a shot of menthol with a nice nic hit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Irish no 22

7 Likes

Toque SP Xtra

7 Likes

Toque Grapefruit

5 Likes

W&H USA. Anyone got problems with snuffing this fine dust nowadays? Its even trickier when its dried out for me… @ALLex seconded, thats my exact thoughts I had about few days ago. @volunge I believe theres no single book on snuffmaking, or even snuff types, culture and history written in a modern, noob-friendly manner. Such niche topic could actually find wide audience, DIY blogs/books are quite popular these days. Just my two small cents :wink:

9 Likes

MG Madras

@volunge - I agree with all the views on you publishing a book. And if you do, why not search a publisher and publish it for a handsome fee? 

As the Joker said “if you’re good at something never do it for free.” :)

9 Likes

Equal parts Abraxas Fire Cured Cerise, Chef Daniel’s Puro Dominicana, White Elephant and Bernards Zweifacher. ps Agree with everyone about @volunge getting a book together!! For sure!

8 Likes

Viking - Thors Hammer

9 Likes