What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

Pease Quiet Nights. Great, oriental-heavy bowl

1 Like

@bolbam420 i also like Latakia blends in the pipe. Early morning pipe for example. Sir Walter Scott’s Latakia blend is a really nice toasted Virginia with some Latakia. The scent comes close to a slow smoked pipe tobacco for me. Just delicious.

4 Likes

Golden Flake by Pfeifen Huber. Virginia Flake with a little little orange and honey flavoring.

2 Likes

1792 Flake. Just picked it up today, nice and strong.

6 Likes

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake. Top tier!

5 Likes

3P in a Pete Harp 150

3 Likes

Solani Aged Burley Flake. Good fresh or aged - just got into a new tin as my 10+ year old tin is now gone.

5 Likes

Mac Baren HH Burley Flake. Very good, but pales in comparison to the Solani.

4 Likes

Pfeifen Huber Balkan Mixture. It is a Balkan Sobranie Clone and really really tasty stuff. @pantsBoots the Solani Burley is so damn good

3 Likes

@Hloridison It is. That and Amphora Burley are my go-tos for Burley. I can appreciate other Burleys and really need to try some of G&H Burley blends next time they’re available.

3 Likes

Found some Mammoth Cave twist chewing tobacco in a small country shop, cut a few coins off of it, dried it and smoked it in a small cob. Very good Burley flavors, though nothing as refined as Solani and other “pipe-only” burleys. Still, pretty darned good for a local agricultural product and a little different than any pipe tobacco I’ve tried.

4 Likes

Pease Quiet Nights. Bloody good stand-in for Esoterica Penzance. I might prefer this a little more, actually.

4 Likes

@pantsBoots you are from USA right? There are so many blends I want to try but I can’t get them in Germany. Now I have some ratrays hal‘o the wynd in the pipe.

2 Likes

@Hloridison I am in the US. We’re going to be moving in the next month or so, but after, maybe we can figure out a trade. I know there are numerous tobaccos we can get here that don’t make it overseas, such as GL Pease. And I believe Eurofolk are the only ones lucky enough to get HU and some of the Samuel Gawith plugs

3 Likes

Presbyterian in an old Dunhill rootbriar canadian

5 Likes

Breaking in a new cob with Sutliff Match Ready Rubbed. Fantastic tobacco in a cob - nearly dead in a briar. Very mild, which makes it a great accompaniment to whiskey. Accompanied with nosefulls of Bernard Gekachelter Virginie, this is nice.

3 Likes

Capstan Original Navy Cut in a Millville prince

5 Likes

St Bruno RR in a Peterson pipe of the year 2017

5 Likes

Rattray’s Hal O’ The Wynd in a MM Country Gentleman cob

5 Likes

Dunhill Navy Rolls in my Dunhill 3204 shell briar to start the day (with coffee and toast with Marmite) :smiley:

4 Likes