What is in your glass at present? favorite mixed drink, favorite brew?

Lipton’s   ~O)

5 Likes

Paulaner Munchner Hell

4 Likes

Assam Tea

6 Likes

Earl Grey

6 Likes

Honest Lori s lemon black tea

6 Likes

Four Roses yellow label

6 Likes

City Roast Columbian Supremo brewed with a cinnamon stick and topped off with whipped cream.  ~O)

6 Likes

Pink Gin and Tonic (with Royal George).

4 Likes

Paulaner Munchner Hell

3 Likes

Iceland moss tea

3 Likes

Heineken 0.0 alcohol free

3 Likes

@Volunge how can I imagine the taste of moss tea? I think I should buy some.

4 Likes

@Hloridison, it’s mildly bitterish. If you dig the intense bitterness of wormwood, quinine (bitter component of tonic water) and the white fluffy tissue of grapefruit, you will enjoy it.

Icelandic moss is good for relieving some common cold symptoms, like sore throat and stuffy nose. A friend of mine, suffering from chronic sinusitis, introduced this plant to me in a form of capsules. I could not find capsulated standardized extract in local drugstore, so grabbed a carton of loose dried a while ago, when I had a sore throat. The taste took me by pleasant surprise! I didn’t know it’s bitter, for some reason I imagined it being tasteless.

Should blend well with salvia, which is a great remedy for similar symptoms.

4 Likes

@volunge thank you. That sounds good. I know Icelandic Moss as capsules and use it when I have a cold. But tea sounds better to me. I like it more natural.

5 Likes

Kloster Andechs Doppelbock Dunkel

3 Likes

Cape Jasmine oolong.

4 Likes

Yerba Mate Cruz de Malta

4 Likes

Instant coffee.

5 Likes

Pipore with stems

5 Likes

green tea

@volunge interesting, mosses are truly fascinating species when it comes to medicine. I read a bit in the past some papers about club-moss (Huperzia serrata), presumably natural nootropic which contains huperzine-A acually sold as suplement. A little “did you know?”: some of mosses actually contains nicotine! E.g. common club moss (L. clavatum) produces some of this goodness :slight_smile:

5 Likes