What's In Your Nose? #13 (Part 1)

Still Dragon Madras all Night long. @Stoveburn how is the special compared to the original? I love the original.

5 Likes

Tom Buck

6 Likes

Homemade plain rustica I agree @volunge, although rustica just feels a lot different, as if the effects were stretched in time. I never really got a sharp “hit” from my homegrown variety, just a long chilling sensation. Its more suitable for dipping imo, always wake me up! You will have a chance to try my rustica flour, a small sample I sent you

5 Likes

Viking Dark 

7 Likes

F&T HDT with coffee - addicted to this combo. 

8 Likes

SG Cob Dark @Hloridison it’s dark and course, Plummy with a wee bit of citrus on the back end. It’s similar in appearance to CD but the latter has more scents going on. I haven’t tried any Kendal to compare it to.

6 Likes

TNT (Toque Natural Toast)

6 Likes

@Stoveburn Thank You Sws Aged Border Rappee. It’s so delicious

5 Likes

Fribourg & Treyer - High Dry Toast

@newbiesnuffer wholeheartly agrred - that combo is just great.

9 Likes

I’m jealous, everyone’s nose is stuffed with high dry toast lol. I emptied that tin reeeal quick.

Crumbs of Comfort. 

6 Likes

Hedges, so much better when dried-out (no rebound).

@Johano, thank you so much, I’m really interested in trying it!

7 Likes

Yesterday’s homemade, fully matured in just one night.

5 Likes

@volunge what did you yesterday? 6photo La Natural

5 Likes

Fribourg and Treyer High Dry Toast

7 Likes

@Hloridison, 10 g micro batch of neffa, a Maghrebian snuff, following slightly modified recipe of Belgian Neffa Ifrikia. Instead of rustica I used Poschl Pueblo Yellow RYO and substituted slaked lime and chalk with wood ash (which is still traditionally used for homemade snuff in North Africa).

Actually, I made a plain SP-type snuff first: tobacco 76%, water 17%, sodium carbonate 5%, sodium bicarbonate 2% (for comparison, Belgian NI: 73.5% tobacco (rustica), 17% water, 5% sodium carbonate, 2.5% sodium bicarbonate, 1% slaked lime, 1% chalk (all figures slightly rounded)). Bone-dry tobacco milled with electric coffee grinder, sifted through 150 microns mesh, mixed with dry alkalis, conditioned with water and re-sifted. Just a nice, regular factory-grade stuff. Then I decided to give ash a whirl on a whim, and added 0.6 g to that plain snuff to make it more “mouth-watering”, similar to neffa.

I made a tiny amount of ha-peh last winter, mixing 70% rustica and 30% wood ash, it was very nice, invigorating little snuff. Clean ash is good stand-alone alkalizer, it contains good part of calcium and potassium carbonates, but you need to sift it through the fine mesh to remove sand, which forms in the process of combustion.

We have Ofenheizung in our household (not sure, how is it called in English - firewood stoves, maybe?), so there’s plenty of that goodness around. I don’t burn any trash and use only splinters for firestarting, so it’s clean. Homemade potash is in the pipeline :wink:

5 Likes

@volunge thank you for the description. Very interesting. Hahaha Ofenheizung is a german Word. I‘m a German so I understood :wink:

5 Likes

::::Equal Parts:::: TAXI • Green Viking • Spear Poschl • Gletscherprise Gold Great Blend!

4 Likes

F&T • High Dry Toast -&- ~O) Had to give it a go due to the high praises of this great combo!

6 Likes

Chasing the above, with some: WoS • Irish No.22 -&- more ~O)

5 Likes

I give it a try too. Hdt and ~O)

6 Likes