Go back in time and give yourself advice on snuff

@Gunnar, some commercially made non-alkalized snuffs usually contain salt, so burn is there, but less intense. Toque Rustica comes slightly salted, but all rustica leaves contain natural citric acid (some strains up to 20%), which adds to the burn. If you are curious about non-alkalized snuffs, try Bernard Civette and Alt Offenbacher Kostlich, they contain only small amount of salt and paraffin oil (the rest is tobacco and water). Poschl schmalzlers - A Brasil, Perlesreuter, SF, D - are alkalis and salt-free.

4 Likes

@ar47 there was a lot to take in there, thanks for your response. I don’t have any F&T on order but have some High Dry Toast in my basket for next order, we’ll see if I like it. Thanks for the tip on Indian snuff possibly ghosting other nearby bins that’s really good to know.

5 Likes

If you could go a little back in time I would have bought many bulks of my favorite snuffs so I wont have to wait that much for orders i did while in quarantine.

4 Likes

@ALLex I’ve heeded that advice prior to recieving it! I have 4 snuff orders out at the moment, although still waiting for delivery. I’ll be in snuff for a very very long time once my orders arrive. Truthfully I overbought, but it won’t stop me from placing another order…probably before they all arrive. There are already things I want to try that I haven’t yet ordered. It’s another hobby like pipe smoking. If you’ve tried one blend then you want to try them all!

2 Likes

@brandaves over buying is wise! I will hopefully see my orders come in and then I will have a handsome collection indeed! Thanks @volunge for the insight, that was a good read :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Gunnar I actually placed another order last night and none of my previous orders have been delivered yet. A comment you made actually prompted me to place an order for Toque Lime Toast. I also purchased some HDT and Spanish Gem out of curiosity.

2 Likes

Oh…and some Rustica for blending. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@brandaves Toque lime toast is lovely. When it arrives let the tin air for a short while to clear the ammonia. It is fine ground but excellent quality. I have a lonely almost empty tin of McChrystals lemon and it’s nowhere near as good. Where in the world are you based?

3 Likes

@Gunnar I’m in Kentucky USA…Tobacco central really. Although I only partake in snuff and pipe tobacco. You?

4 Likes

@brandaves just north of Denver CO here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

CO is a beautiful state! I haven’t spent much time there but driven through once. As for snuff, I was fortunate enough to get a two samples of snuff from a member on another forum I follow and I’ve been slowly working my way through those. I’m a pipe smoker mainly but between pipes or at work I like the quick nic hit and flavor of snuff. I have a small tin of McChrystal’s Warm Glow and an unknown snuff that seems to have a light peach flavor to it. I’m almost out of those two and I can hardly wait to get my orders here so I can sample more…its a lot of snuff so I shouldn’t want for variety or quantity for quite a while!

2 Likes

I’d say take the advice to air snuffs with perspective. Typically once you come accustomed the ammonia is actually a virtue

6 Likes

The ammonia still brings me right to dirty cloth diapers… Its really a shame cuz the hit is great

2 Likes

@snuffalufagis adult or baby dirtied? If baby, is it the squat wide Taxi Red tin specifically or all of them? Last winter I got a funky tub of Taxi Red and don’t know when I’ll try again

2 Likes

@ar47 toddler, for some reason we cant get the smell of pure ammonia out of the diaper inserts. Its worse sometimes than others, however both ntsu and taxi have the same raw ammonia smell. As soon as I snuff it I immediately think of diapers. Its a serious olfactory response problem lol

3 Likes

@Snuffalufagis I sympathize! My wife has a new air freshener she likes that to me smells like cat poo. There’s a scent I think in her air freshener that is used in some kitty litters, and the association makes me smell the aromas I’ve come accustomed to be along with that kitty litter scent.

3 Likes

Firstly I would not overorder! Back in day I would order a couple of snuffs that I like along with dozens of new tries, the result was always the same: rarely would the new 

3 Likes

snuffs

2 Likes

surpass what i actully ike. I only use one flavour these days.

2 Likes

Bloody laptop

3 Likes