Survey: What do you prefer to use to blow your nose?

Squishyness is never an issue. If you fold the dirty side in, your pocket stays clean. Usually its dry by the next time you need it. Once the handkerchief is out of clean space, its time to send it to the laundry and get a new one. Of the normal hanky size (14" X 14"), I can soil two a day. The bigger Bernard sized ones are a little bulky, but very soft and absorbent. These can usually cover a days worth of discharge with room to spare. I also keep a silk one with me most of the time as a duster. They’re fine for blowing, certainly very soft, but washing them is a hassle.

My favourite colors

I always carry a few paper towels in my pocket because they are bigger than tissues and tougher too, but when I’m at home I use tissues. How do you guys clean your hankies and stuff? I cant imagine having a cloth in my back pocket thats full of snuffy snot haha

My nose prefers tissues but often i’m forced to use paper towels.

1 Like

I always carry a few paper towels in my pocket because they are bigger than tissues and tougher too, but when I’m at home I use tissues. How do you guys clean your hankies and stuff? I cant imagine having a cloth in my back pocket thats full of snuffy snot haha

I have 15-20 hankies with different color and patterns. I take them to shower with me. One piece has 7 pages to use which is generally enough for one day also i can use the dirty page sometimes more than once if it dries out.

I use a black or blue hankie. I tried a silk hankie once, but using it when i had a cold was sort of gross because it soaked through. I haven’t tried my panties yet… :wink:

If we weren’t all gentlemen here you’d get some very dodgy replies! :)) I’m not sure about actually using a silk hank to blow your nose on, I work in retail. When someone asks for hankies I always ask if they want functional or for show - I always believed a silk hank was for the the top pocket or dusting off unsniffed snuff. Clown trousers, now they would be good - enormous and highly patterned.

Hahaha! :))

@nosemboss @Xander Thanks for the info, you’ve convinced me to give it a try. I’ll add one of the Bernard ones to my shopping cart (which is once again growing at an alarming rate).

Brooks Brothers has some checked cotton handkerchiefs. I use those, lightly misted with Yardley of London’s English Lavender.

The idea of using cotton handkerchief never appealed to me, like when you blow your nose in it multiple times. I think I could give it a try, considering ecomic aspect. I use way too much tissues, even got myself separate bucket by the desk for used ones. However, it seems nasty and unsanitary to me to use one all day…

Cotton bandannas, the kind you can get at a gas station for $1.99.  I have one for every day of the week, though recently i’ve been snuffing so much i use 2 a day.  Also i don’t care if i use lighter colors…nobody really sees them unless they come across me wiping/blowing my nose…i do tend to have the corner out of my pocket

(when i wear my blue one people at work joke about me being a crip) but if anyone sees any nasty brown stains they keep their opinions to themselves.

I’ve no clue how one would use a bandanna to blow their snot into.  I can just imagine all this nasty liquid dripping on the floor.  Sorry for the graphic image :slight_smile:

If my instinct is right, you’re talking about a specific type of material some bandannas are made of but I’d thought they were all cotton

Myself, I just use some plain white cotton handkerchiefs gotten at Wal-Mart.  A bandanna seems like it’d scratch your nose

1 Like

This really opens up my imagination to the new phenomenon of toilet paper hoarding. Are they all just secret snuffers?

3 Likes

@boiledonions you’re laughing, but actually when Im out of tissues one roll lasts me 3-4 days only for my nose… It’s cheap tho (or was, right before pandemic?)

1 Like

@Gormur All my bandannas are cotton. I wash them all the time so they get softer week by week. It soaks up my black boogers alright, just like any other cotton cloth would. 

1 Like

" What do you prefer to blow your nose?"

My lungs silly.
:))

2 Likes

Plaid handkerchiefs from Amazon. They’re great, soft cotton, not too big and bulky.

2 Likes

at home: a large brown towel  :))

outside: paper tissue.

2 Likes

Kitchen towel does me.

2 Likes

Kleenex. Nice, soft, and easy to hide the evidence. I only blow when I have to, so at that time it’s a big wet mess and I can’t put that in my pocket. I’d also rather not my kids see that in the wash

2 Likes

Large sized patterned cotton handkerchiefs. I buy them whenever I see them - you can usually find them for two or three pounds and they last forever.

3 Likes