What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

I see that most SG tobaccos are out of stock via US online retailers. Would one assume the ones that are not have been sitting around a long time?

@snuffandsympathy SG tobacco disappears quickly when it comes in stock. Especially the Full Virginia Flake

@slide ah ok, the review by @paulgnhad me looking for the Cabbies but with no luck…

@snuffandsympathy

That is one I have never had, but it sound like it would be in my  wheelhouse!

I am a VaPer guy. Through in some dark fired Kentucky and I am good to go!

@slide down the rabbit hole I go…

1 Like

@snuffandsympathy

that’s one of my favortie places to go

:smiley:

I opened a mason jar of Homborger Veermaster that I canned in June of '13.

The minute I opened it I was greeted with a strong plummy scent.  Virginia’s are wonderful after five or ten years of aging.

3 Likes

GH Grasmere flake.

2 Likes

My Mixture 965, my first pipe tobacco. Love the whatever little smoky flavour I can detect. Am told thats the Latakia I’m tasting. Do we have snuffs like that? Like a typical English blend or the so-called Lat Bomb?

1 Like

Yes, SWS Latakia Blend contains Latakia tobacco.

https://snuffstore.co.uk/collections/sir-walter-scotts/products/sir-walter-scotts-latakia-blend

Mind you, this snuff comes non-alkalized. Description is misleading, though - the actual potency is low.

1 Like

Rattrays Hal‘o the wynd in the pipe and some sws 50/50 in the nose. Nice combo

2 Likes

Pease Quiet Nights. Great, oriental-heavy bowl

1 Like

@bolbam420 i also like Latakia blends in the pipe. Early morning pipe for example. Sir Walter Scott’s Latakia blend is a really nice toasted Virginia with some Latakia. The scent comes close to a slow smoked pipe tobacco for me. Just delicious.

4 Likes

Golden Flake by Pfeifen Huber. Virginia Flake with a little little orange and honey flavoring.

2 Likes

1792 Flake. Just picked it up today, nice and strong.

6 Likes

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake. Top tier!

5 Likes

3P in a Pete Harp 150

3 Likes

Solani Aged Burley Flake. Good fresh or aged - just got into a new tin as my 10+ year old tin is now gone.

5 Likes

Mac Baren HH Burley Flake. Very good, but pales in comparison to the Solani.

4 Likes

Pfeifen Huber Balkan Mixture. It is a Balkan Sobranie Clone and really really tasty stuff. @pantsBoots the Solani Burley is so damn good

3 Likes