What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

Samuel Gawith Cabbies mixture. Nice cool long relaxing smoke, the kind of tobacco that makes you stand still and enjoy the bowl right down to the bottom. Some reviews say it’s hard to pack and stay lit but a little air time before you light up has that one sorted. Plenty of Nick but not over powering. I think if I ever win the lottery I will buy one Tim of every single Samuel Gawith tobacco and work my way through every single one.

1 Like

I see that most SG tobaccos are out of stock via US online retailers. Would one assume the ones that are not have been sitting around a long time?

@snuffandsympathy SG tobacco disappears quickly when it comes in stock. Especially the Full Virginia Flake

@slide ah ok, the review by @paulgnhad me looking for the Cabbies but with no luck…

@snuffandsympathy

That is one I have never had, but it sound like it would be in my  wheelhouse!

I am a VaPer guy. Through in some dark fired Kentucky and I am good to go!

@slide down the rabbit hole I go…

1 Like

@snuffandsympathy

that’s one of my favortie places to go

:smiley:

I opened a mason jar of Homborger Veermaster that I canned in June of '13.

The minute I opened it I was greeted with a strong plummy scent.  Virginia’s are wonderful after five or ten years of aging.

3 Likes

GH Grasmere flake.

2 Likes

My Mixture 965, my first pipe tobacco. Love the whatever little smoky flavour I can detect. Am told thats the Latakia I’m tasting. Do we have snuffs like that? Like a typical English blend or the so-called Lat Bomb?

1 Like

Yes, SWS Latakia Blend contains Latakia tobacco.

https://snuffstore.co.uk/collections/sir-walter-scotts/products/sir-walter-scotts-latakia-blend

Mind you, this snuff comes non-alkalized. Description is misleading, though - the actual potency is low.

1 Like

Rattrays Hal‘o the wynd in the pipe and some sws 50/50 in the nose. Nice combo

2 Likes

Pease Quiet Nights. Great, oriental-heavy bowl

1 Like

@bolbam420 i also like Latakia blends in the pipe. Early morning pipe for example. Sir Walter Scott’s Latakia blend is a really nice toasted Virginia with some Latakia. The scent comes close to a slow smoked pipe tobacco for me. Just delicious.

4 Likes

Golden Flake by Pfeifen Huber. Virginia Flake with a little little orange and honey flavoring.

2 Likes

1792 Flake. Just picked it up today, nice and strong.

6 Likes

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake. Top tier!

5 Likes

3P in a Pete Harp 150

3 Likes

Solani Aged Burley Flake. Good fresh or aged - just got into a new tin as my 10+ year old tin is now gone.

5 Likes

Mac Baren HH Burley Flake. Very good, but pales in comparison to the Solani.

4 Likes