"SUNFFING" with DRAGON BRAND MADRAS SNUFF!

I still have my tin of NC Super Special Snuff. I like Madras style but only once in a while. But next order from MS I will get some. I did see the freebies but ordered Jaxson’s from snuff dot me dot U.K. since that’s the only place that sells it.

2 Likes

Ok @ManxSnuff, it’s time to let them 100-grammers go! We know they are in the warehouse already.

3 Likes

Any word on when this will be available again? 

1 Like

@JohnnyO, Dragon Madras is here: http://www.snuffstore.co.uk/advanced\_search\_result.html?osCsid=86b174e9a33e97caaceb216004170e32&keywords=janta&search\_in\_description=0&osCsid=86b174e9a33e97caaceb216004170e32&x=0&y=0

2 Likes

Ordered!!

2 Likes

Try the Dragon Madras & share your reviews with us.

Happy Snuffing 
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just ordered it ! I’m really excited to try it! My first Madras and from what I’ve read it’s strong in Nicotine? 

2 Likes

I wait the order to arrive… Dragon mandras doesn’t landing yet…

2 Likes

(UPDATE) Very nice well balance snuff, like a lot…

3 Likes

Is this a Janta snuff? I really like the Punjabi with the mustachioed dude in a turban on the label. It’s becoming my favorite Indian snuff. I didn’t know that Punjabi is a particular type of snuff, but it is! And it’s very inexpensive too. Like three bucks for a big 40 gram tin.

3 Likes

@mrmanos, yes, it’s Janta Dragon Brand Madras. If you like this genre, the Dragon won’t disappoint you. Really strong and tasty, with a slight sourish note, which reminds the very first batch of Dholakia Madras Toast, only way stronger, both in taste and nicotine.

1 Like

@mrmanos

Yes, Punjabi Snuff is  particular type of Indian Snuff. And it is lovely that you like our Photo Brand Punjabi Snuff.

And Dragon Brand Madras is also our own product made with the best grade tobacco, it is Super Strong Golden Colored snuff.

2 Likes

Dragon Madras is the best! Very strong nicotine and great tobacco aroma! I love it!

2 Likes

Dragon Madras is probably the strongest nasal snuff on the market.

3 Likes

@volunge I agree, its the strongest! The aroma reminds me of Toque Quit but with way higher nicotine levels. Tears with every big pinch !

2 Likes

Closest Dragon’s rival is SVS Madras, but you can buy it only in India and probably some Indian groceries in London (Wembley, namely; as was mentioned by @London_Jack in this thread ten years ago: https://snuffhouse.com/discussion/2266/indian-snuffs/p4 ; worth searching in Southall shops, too).

1 Like

@volunge Is Dragon toasted like MG Madras? Turns out I am not a big fan of such.

1 Like

Yes, it’s toasted, but less. And I don’t get much of ghee from Dragon. It’s different from the rest I tried (NC, Umbrella, NB, DS, SVS, MG). Dragon feels drier than MG and has sour note, similar to Dholakia’s Madras Toast. It’s tasty plain snuff, not overtoasted.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s my imagination but I got some rustica notes in Dragon Madras…anyone else?

p.s. scentwise

1 Like

@tobaccobob, a spot-on note, rustica is sour. I recall @newbiesnuffer mentioning sour notes in MG Madras, too (suspecting it turned stale). Now MGM label lists “Sun cured country tobacco” among the ingredients. I suppose “country tobacco” stands for N. rustica. It’s the exact meaning of latin word rustica (= rural). In many languages the name of N. rustica is “rural/country/peasant tobacco”.

I don’t detect sourness in MGM, but it can be explained by deep-toasting, which alters the organoleptic properties of the leaf itself. Dragon is less toasted (at least to my nose), and I was pleasantly surprised by the sourness, which I dig. I felt it in the first batch of Dholakia Madras Toast, too. At the end of the day, it wouldn’t be too surprising to find out that all Madras snuffs are made of rustica.

@indiansnuffjnf, could you disclose which Nicotiana plant do you use for your Dragon? N. tabacum or N. rustica?

3 Likes