Where do you buy your essential oils?

@Mr_O, 95% (Everclear, 190 U.S. proof) or 96/96.5% rectified ethyl alcohol cold infusion (tincture) would be even more efficient than any water infusion or hand-rub. That is, if you can obtain it in your state. Getting it in the Baltics is really tricky - small amounts are sold only in drugstores as a prescription stuff. I still have 1/3 of the 150 ml bottle I got five years ago and use it sparingly.

Mixing essential oil with snuff is kind of tricky and time-consuming. It is much easier to proceed with alcohol-dilluted EOs. Just let the alcohol evaporate at room temperature later, stirring your scented snuff occasionally. Usually a daynight or two is enough. If you like mentholated snuff, you can use alcohol for solving menthol crystals (some snuff manufacturers use this method). Or for solving any aromatic resin.

Coniferous resin can be easily collected manually from the bark of trees or cones:

20190927_100842

This is a larch (Larix) cone, picked in a town park. The smell of the resin is divine. I will collect some more and save for future experiments.

1 Like