SHAMMAH AFGANI - NEW MAKLA TYPE SNUFF BY SIX PHOTO

I can attest that Shammah Afgani is a quality product and is stronger than similar Belgian product. I’ve been testing Shammah for five days and made side-by-side comparison with Makla Bouhlel Bentchicou (MBB).

To begin with, both products fall under the same category of  u l t r a  s t r o n g  oral tobacco, widely known as “makla”, i.e. chema, shammah, naswar, nasway or simply "nas’'. 6 Photo product is described as a blend of Rustica and Burley tobaccos, whereas Sifaco uses only Rustica for their maklas. Either have similar plastic clay-like texture and hefty whiff of ammonia. There’s some presence of coarse pieces of tobacco midribs/stems in both products, but properly baked prillas do not disintegrate and drip is minimal (close to none, actually). Both products are plain (unflavoured).

Shammah Afgani: super easy to bake, homogenous texture, oily, khaki brown. There’s a pronounced peppery lip burn and residual burn, which lasts for a good while after the prilla is taken out (up to a half an hour, even after rinsing the mouth with water several times).

MBB (Makla): somewhat harder to bake, texture is less homogenous than Shammah, khaki green. Milder and short lasting lip burn, no residual burn.

Some final remarks. I ran the trial on a well primed lip (besides my passion for the strong nasal snuff, I’m a moderate regular snus user, too) and my nicotine tolerance is fairly high, so I didn’t experience any '“buzz” or razor-sharp painful lip burn, which is a signature of the tobacco of this kind. Neither of them cut my lip or left blisters on gums/lips. MBB just made me satiated and not wishing for more, whereas Shammah nicotine uptake was more stimulating, “wavy” (pulsating uptake, increased heartbeat) and gradually subsiding continued for half an hour even after the prilla was discarded. I use approximately 1 g of product for a prilla and keep it for 30 minutes under my upper lip, limiting my daily usage to two times.

4 Likes