Snuff and the sinusitis

Greetings to all!. A few months ago I had problems with the sinuses of the nose located on the forehead (frontal sinuses), a few days ago finally after many antibiotics and corticosteroids my family doctor told me that I suffer from chronic sinusitis. What do you think about it? Should I stop using snuff? Tell me no please. I appreciate any response. A hug!

Listen to your body, mate. I would avoid super dry and super fine snuffs.

2 Likes

I have sinus issues and occasional infections. Does the snuff help? Probably not, but I’m a stubborn bastard. One makes sacrifices.

snuff seemed to really help me with such issues. It took some time. 

2 Likes

Honestly, it has not helped my sinus condition. Probably makes it worse. But I enjoy snuff so much that I still continue.

1 Like

@frandelrio In theory (at least) the snuff shouldn’t be going into your sinuses at all - it should stay in the nose. @volunge is spot on with his suggestion. What are you using and how are you taking it? Pinches of something not too fine and not too dry - SP No1, for example - ought to be OK. You would have to try quite hard to get it into your sinuses that way. On the other hand if you are taking an American Scotch, or something else fine and dry, from the back of your hand then that’s quite a different story.

3 Likes

Are you using medicated snuffs? If not, try using them? They have anti-microbial properties. I had a sinus infection a few months ago and instead of going to the doctor I used lots of highly medicated snuffs :smiley:

4 Likes

a few hundred years ago a doctor might have actually prescribed you a menthol snuff. they did for many things like headaches and earaches. you could even get them at a pharmacy.

of course that means nothing today and history is full of terrible “medicines” thats were often worse for you than the illness itself. its still interesting though

5 Likes

I started back on snuff due to continued sinus headaches, feeling sick and being blocked up at night. It has helped with both of these issues. I have found a combination of snuffs can help me. I use O&G or Grand Cairo to open me up and help the sinus to drain. Then also use Tom Buck or Mcchrystal’s SP to just open up the sinuses with little drip. When things get bad I reach for the hedges. It is also important and helps the sinuses if you drink a lot of fluids.

4 Likes

beantin. Agreed drink lots of water.  When I start getting sinus pressure or pain my uptake of O&G(G&H CM, or 6photo 66) Dragun increases.  I find if I’m plugged up taking a couple small bumps of Dragun then a large one a few minutes latter will unclog me quickly.  If I’m just having sinus pain I will take a bump of one of my menthols and chase it with a bump of Dragun, the pain goes away quickly and stays away for hours.

2 Likes