What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

10 year old Dunhill EMP in a Zeman Latitude 41 Morning Tide

3 Likes

8 year old Pete Irish Flake in my MacQueen Wizard

2 Likes

Peterson Old Dublin in an “Old Friend”

3 Likes

Davidoff medallion flakes in my meer churchwarden. I think that pipe tobacco doesn’t get the love it really deserves.

2 Likes

Tried Old Dublin in a careys pipe and a cob too…definately performs best in the Old Friend. It would be wrong to say the pipe performed the tobacco best, cause some of these pipes just got their own personality and style, ya know?

2 Likes

peterson nutty cut in yet another carey pipe…this tobacco was ok in a cob…at least the first bowl. Now, 3 bowls later; I find it sickly sweet. it may be ok occasionally; but 2 bowls of this in one day is more than I can take. What crappin nut is this sweet anyway?!? It reminds me of some yucky nutty spread I had on a toast when I was a kid…absolutely horrible unless you have a sweet tooth…i cant understand how no one complains about the stench of this tobacco, yet hold their breath when I smoke old dublin.

Prince Albert in a Marvic Author,   G’Day Gents

1 Like

Guys post pictures of the pipe your smoking please. G’Day

2 Likes

SG Brown No.4 in a Ferndown

2 Likes

nothing because I have a horrible cold and even the side stream smoke is super irritating. Even if I prefer churchwarden types of pipes.

What’s in your pipe?

I’m waiting for the plumber.

Enough said.

:">

1 Like

Davidoff Danish Mixture in a cob. Absolutely fantastic, and I’m so lucky to have such a large selection at my local baccy shop. If only they would start selling other snuffs than poschls…

1 Like

Escudo on friday night. Today I think it’s going to be Burly Flake # 5 which is incredible.

1 Like

Time to light up Old Friend again. Peterson Killarney this time.

Oh, while I remember; is anyone here VERY knowledgeable about pipes? I have a pipe without a name to it that I bought in a tobacco store. It’s one of my best pipes, and I can’t believe no one would put their name on it.

2 Likes

20190802_193323

1 Like

@Rogue apperantly that’s way more common then people think.

1 Like

@bob I wonder why. If I had made this pipe, I would be proud. I would definately put my name on it.

1 Like

lots of smoke shops would contract house pipes from the big name pipe makers. Often they’re seconds which means they smoke good to great but aren’t quite pretty enough to sell for a few hundred bucks. Often too the shop will get these pipes cheap with the agreement to carry a certain amount of the named pipes at all times. House pipes can be a great deal.

3 Likes

oh so if there was a brand that the store carried more then other pipes that is probably the maker.

1 Like

Probably https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/savinelli/Doblone-d’Oro-100g/product_id/155061 or Escudo, maybe Yorktown. But in a day or two it will be in this pipe…https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=334379 which is my first Peterson pipe… :slight_smile: